Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2008, 00:16   #31
BHPian

Maruti dealers have an air about them. Ask them Swift VDI Abs, they are like - Sir, it will take four months, ask them about Dzire- sir, 8~9 months. It's like they are running a ration shop-with customers at their feet. now they demand for "on" money for priority booking- Got an offer for swift vdi with abs from a dealer for 10k extra(through contact), seems that some guy had booked his swift, and his finance approval didn't come through. And this was mentioned as official charges (to be paid in cheque)! considering the MJD now. But decision on hold till I sell my V2.
Old 17th September 2008, 21:03   #32
BHPian

Production of ABS halted...That is a sad news...Most probably the car that is coming is without ABS....Will wait and see on September 20th..

Just read a review on What Car? Magazine. The review was Indica Vista Quadrajet Vs Swift VDi..They have ranked Indica as 1st..The new Indica is realy fresh and tempting..The interiors and the features are so much luring...But the fact that the Swift is such a stunner in terms of looks and the prospect that its the only hatch that can be termerd hot when modified with proper Alloys, Skirts and Spoiler, is tilting me in favour of the Swift..If not for this hotness, I would have booked the Indica right away and is definitely worth the Number 1 status..
Old 17th September 2008, 22:25   #33
BHPian

Hi raj84

Sometimes dealer's go to any extent to convince a customer to take any car that they have! I am sure that the ABS VDi production is not halted, just that it's on the lower side. Probably Maruti thinks that in the extra time taken to fit a car with ABS Systems's they can manufacture a full car/most of a car and thereby reduce the waiting list that little bit! Why would a manufacturer spend money on designing a safety system for a car and then stop manufacturing for no reason at all? It beats all logic!
Old 24th September 2008, 20:59   #34
BHPian

update

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Bad News...Called the Manager today and he said that the truck has started from the factory only yesterday, due to flood in North India

I am sure that is a big lie..last time he said the truck was on its way..Now he is saying that the car will reach only after October 10th...

Really disappointed with Maruti...Such a bad treatment of customers just because of their unacceptable waiting period..Atleast they can have a mechanism where the customers are informed of the exact date of delivery..even if it is 6 months, knowing the exact date of delivery makes a difference..They can even have a website where the person who has booked the car can log in and know whether the car has been dispatched or not...This will prevent any foul play by the dealer.

They cant even make enough cars on time(Swift ) and they are trying to come out with new models(A-Star)...The huge waiting period can cause an increase in Car Loan Interests.The loan rates have increased by 0.5 units since I booked the car..If it gets delayed further the rates will go high..Hence the EMI..Also people who have exchanged their car and booked the Swift are left without cars, just because of Maruti.

Nowadays whenever any Swift goes past me, I am getting furious and frustrated, especially if it is a Red one.

I feel sorry for those people who have just now booked a Swift/Dzire DDis...Atleast I have covered 3 months till now..But the people who have just now booked..Really sad
Old 24th September 2008, 21:51   #35
Senior - BHPian

Looks are subjective. You like the look of swift. But some people like the look of Indica Vista. It has loads of space and the odo is centrally located. Many people preer this. I have seen the Indicas modified. They also look fine.

Anyways, whatz your latest date of delivery?
Old 24th September 2008, 22:44   #36

are the brakes of the swift vdi without abs satisfactory??
Old 24th September 2008, 23:31   #37
BHPian

i've got 195 rubber on my vdi and its fine....nothing to write home about....
Old 28th September 2008, 11:39   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Anyways, whatz your latest date of delivery?
The Manager has said the truck will reach by Oct 10th.I am sure these are just their usual tricks to extend the delivery date.When the truck reaches they may say that the VDi with ABS that have come is not Bright Red.

Now I am confused as to whether I should get a VDi non ABS of the colour of my choice(Bright Red), or should I go for VDi ABS of any other coulour that is being offered(White and Sunlight Copper only, even in that case).The dealer may offer me these options I think.Either I can take non ABS Red, or White/Sunlight Copper ABS. White is good, but Sunlight Copper does not reveal the true sporty look of Swift I feel. Sunlight copper cars dont look great with good Alloys as this colour does not give it an Aggressive look(No Offenses,just my thought only).Red or White can take on that Aggressive Look

I have really lost patience(paying parking slot fees of 750 for the third consecutive month without having a car to park) and cannot wait any further.Hence please let me know if I can omit ABS for the sake of getting the colour of my choice. Really confused
Old 28th September 2008, 14:43   #39
BHPian

@raj84: bro if you really want red then take what you get be it ABS or non-ABS...if you don't travel on the highways that much you can settle with a non-ABS version also..it shouldn't bother you...
i personally love white...rest color is totally your personal choice..
Old 28th September 2008, 14:48   #40
Senior - BHPian

Since this is your first car and looks like you would be keeping her for a long time, guess I would wait if I were you. The wait would be worth it.

Let me tell you something. The SPLASH is expected soon, so is the i20. Both will slow the demad for the SWIFT, and give you a choice also.

I have a strange feeling that because of the parents and all equation, you might plonk for a SPLASH instead of a SWIFT
Old 28th September 2008, 19:57   #41
BHPian

@white_vdi: Finally I have one person to back me with a decision. Thank you sir!! Now it is easy. If I dont get Red VDI with ABS then I will try for White VDI with ABS. If both Red and White ABS is not available , I will go for Red VDI without ABS. Decision made!!

@TheARUN: Yes sir I will be keeping this car for a long time.I wanted to wait(for ABS ) but the impatience is driving me mad. Whatever car that will come on October 10th(if I can beleive the dealer, and if it does come), I will take it, ABS or non-ABS.

Waiting for Splash would be difficult as it will be here only next year April.When I was not in a position to buy a car, it was really interesting to wait,see and expect how the competition affects the Swift VDI. I was actually happy when I read that a competition was coming to Swift in the form of Vista in 2007.At that time it did not matter to me that the Vista would come only after 8-10 months. But now waiting even a single week for the competition to come up with a car is difficult for me or for anyone who has been/is in the position of waiting for their car for three months.

Even though I am a fan of Swift, I would love and I would want the i20 and Vista to beat the Swift in terms of sales. I want Maruti to beg with customers to buy the Swift VDi and give away huge discounts.That is what I call sweet revenge, for making all of us wait for 3-6 months for their car.Atleast the people who book Swift hereafter, should not suffer like how we have.

The bottomline is : Swift is a very good car, but Maruti isnt a good manufacturer.
Old 28th September 2008, 21:55   #42
Senior - BHPian

Raj - I can relate to you very well.

Despite the jugaads of the highest level (and my personal schedules) I've had to cancel ABS and maybe might even have to compromise on color for on-time delivery.

ABS is really in a short supply and it just completely beats me that Maruti has not found solutions around the whole production issue.

At some level, if I wasnt so unsure about Tata, vista would've been decent - but the whole procedure of getting the Swift is just making one feel whether customer is really king or are we slaves. The whole process is just so humiliating - wait eons and almost plead. Its just so helplessness - like a government allotment.

Like LPG cylinder allotment that happened after 5+ months!
Old 28th September 2008, 23:31   #43
BHPian

hope you get your ride asap!!!
waiting to hear the good news on 10th oct...
Old 29th September 2008, 00:11   #44
TOR
BHPian

raj dont believe anything that the dealers says-if possible ask your sales representative to show the priority list, that is the only way to find were you stand.

the non-metallic red will fetch lesser price at resale, i would advice you to go for anything other than red or black.(this is just me 'thinking aloud')
Old 29th September 2008, 00:20   #45
BHPian

raj i know what you are going through waiting for the car...even i had to wait for a month to get my hands on one...it really hurts when you see a new vdi on road going past you...just a few days now...
it will be worth the wait don't worry...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks