Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 10:13   #46
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK the ABS kits are SGP so supply from Japan is limited.
Old 29th September 2008, 21:08   #47
BHPian

@phamilyman: - When you are buying a new car you try to stretch your budget just to have some safety and you want ABS. But Maruti does not let you have it and you have to make a compromise.That too after waiting for additional 2 months compared to a non ABS VDI. You wait two months extra for an ABS VDI and at the end you still will get only non ABS.Even I cannot understand why they have short supply of ABS kit. If you have demand why would you not make more kits(SGP Japan). This excuse of Demand-Supply issue with Swift has been there for nearly 2years now. Isnt that a large enough time for a company to raise production to meet the demands?

Hope you get atleast the colour of your choice. You made a compromise in ABS. Dont compromise in colour phamilyman.After all we are spending all our hard earned money to satisfy our needs and not Maruti's

@white_vdi: Thank you sir for the support. I was really sad that I would not be getting ABS,but your words made me feel better. Hope I get my Beast on October 10th atleast.Nowadays wherever I turn I am surrounded with Swift on the road and that too many Red VDI. Or is it just that I am feeling it as I have gone mad of not getting my car on time

@TOR: I was initially worried with the colour Bright Red as it was the only colour that was non-metallic. Also Red fades quickly and turns into somewhat dark pink.But two factors influenced me in going for Bright Red

1. All the vehicles that I have had till date are all Red. Starting from the first Tri-Cycle , BSA SLR, BSA TrailBlazer, Discover DTSi, all have been red. It was not a intentional decision(except with Discover), but it just happened to be Red. So I wanted to carry forward this colour Red

2. Me being a Ferrari fan and because Red Swift with proper alloys is worthy to be a distant cousin of the Ferrari . After all buying a Ferrari is not going to be possible, so the closest I can get to owning one is buying a Red Swift
Old 2nd October 2008, 22:26   #48
BHPian

Hi Raj.what happened to your friend who booked along with you-White VDi if i am not wrong.atleast did he got his Car delivered.
I have booked a Black VDI on August 16th and waiting for the same to get delivered.
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:08   #49
BHPian

Waiting period for swift ABS is infinity (minimum 6 months) as no one knows when it can be delivered as per the information from a maruti official. he advised to get a non ABS Vdi which will delivered quickly (after 4months). But the showrooms sales excutives (who i presume is controlling the swift manufacture) confidently says that "sir if it is vdi then within 2 months and 2.5 months for vdi abs". I still not booked .looking at vista..
Old 3rd October 2008, 19:59   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal View Post
Hi Raj.what happened to your friend who booked along with you-White VDi if i am not wrong.atleast did he got his Car delivered.
I have booked a Black VDI on August 16th and waiting for the same to get delivered.
@thereal: The friend who booked the White VDI actually cancelled the booking due to some personal reasons.

Hope you get your Black beast soon.I am waiting for mine(ABS or no ABS)

@bullboy: If you are not greatly influenced by the looks of Swift,then Vista is the car to go for. It has a better package at a lower cost
Old 4th October 2008, 07:56   #51
BHPian

Hi Raj, Yesterday i spoke to my dealer and the information i got from him is that on 14th a batch is getting dispatched from Maruti and i may get mine before 25th.the sad part is that i got this reply only after influencing people till the level of MD of the dealership.the only answer i got is that now they are delivering for people who booked before june... poor Swift DDis craze....
Old 4th October 2008, 18:55   #52
BHPian

@thereal: - Lets hope that what they have promised you now is true. Because these dealers never deliver on the promised time. They wont give a DDis until and unless we go,shout and torture them.I have now lost hope of the October 10 deadline. I am 99% sure that they will come up with one excuse or the other on October 10th.
Old 5th October 2008, 06:52   #53
TOR
BHPian

Raj go to the dealership demand to see the manager only(and not anyone else-Indus Pattom- its Mr.Reji, and he is quite reasonable)-get inside his room and just sit there and tell him that either he gives the car or give a next possible date in writing.

This tactic worked for me while taking delivery of the Dzire VDi-went to ask for the delay-pestered them so much(said i wont leave) that the car was registered in 2 hours flat(apparently they had a silver Vdi arriving that day mornig!!).
good luck - (infact dont wait till 10th-barge in on monday and tell that you need the car then and there itself).

p.s - its worth the wait though!!
Old 5th October 2008, 08:52   #54
Senior - BHPian

Calling all SWIFT owners, does the ABS really make a difference?

I mean, does the vehicle need ABS to function at its potential, or is it that you don't notice it most of the times
Old 5th October 2008, 11:43   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
Raj go to the dealership demand to see the manager only(and not anyone else-Indus Pattom- its Mr.Reji, and he is quite reasonable)-get inside his room and just sit there and tell him that either he gives the car or give a next possible date in writing.

@TOR:- I booked from Popular Vehicles. Actually I contacted the Manager through an acquaintance of mine and they knew each other well.It was through the Manager that I took the booking. Initially an agent was taking care of the booking.BUt he was not giving proper updates I asked the Manager Mr.Biju to take care of my booking. It was he who promised me that he will give me a car from the load that comes before my car is scheduled to arrive. He asked to Pay the remaining 47000(i had w\booked with 3000) so that he can give me priority. So took a loan for that also and now paying the EMI. Trusted the Manager as he was contacted through a person who knew him well. Yesterday the manager was contacted by the acquaintance and now the manager is saying that " The load that has come contained only Petrol Swifts. It did not have diesels".I am sure that is a big lie. So decided to visit him personally tomorrow. The problem is that I have to make the trip to the showroom during the lunch break in office and make it back. The entrie process will take 3hrs.I am now in charge of a project and hence it is difficult to make myself absent during the work hours. Still I will go tomorrow.

Moral of the story - Never trust a Manager even if he is your father/uncle/son, if he is selling Swift DDis
Old 5th October 2008, 11:52   #56
Team-BHP Support

Arun,

ABS does not come into picture during normal driving and breaking. In ememergency breaking conditions, it will prevent your wheels from locking up and you would be able to swerve your car away from the collision point instead of the wheels locking up and you skidding into the obstacle.

Its a safety feature and can save lives.
Old 6th October 2008, 21:36   #57
BHPian

Update-ABS dropped

Hi Guys, I went to the dealership today and spoke with the Manager. He said that it is the ABS that is causing the delay. He said normal VDI was easier to get. He called someone and asked if VDI Red was available in stock. He said only Ozone Blue Red VDI is available. Red LDI was available. He asked if i want one. I said no. He said he can convert it to VDI for me. .That was a big shock.He said there are only few changes between LDI and VDI which they can custom fit. I said a big NO. I want only factory made VDI

So finally I have decided to drop ABS in favour of faster delivery. So Phamilyman has now got company

Asked for Red or White VDI whichever comes first, he has agreed to give me. Hope I will get it atleast this month
Old 6th October 2008, 22:52   #58
BHPian

Oh God!!!!!feel so bad for you raj...a non-ABS version should come faster...just hold on we are with you..
I would have killed the manager for his stupid excuses by now..
Old 7th October 2008, 14:48   #59
Senior - BHPian

Slight OT but i Guess that negates the only major difference between a Vista and Vdi abs as most of the people like Raj are taking without Abs deliveries due to non availability of Vdi abs.
Must say thats pathetic from MUL.
Old 7th October 2008, 20:16   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
Oh God!!!!!feel so bad for you raj...a non-ABS version should come faster...just hold on we are with you..
I would have killed the manager for his stupid excuses by now..
@white_vdi: Thank you sir. Since it is VDI I hope it will come faster(since I have already covered 3 months). I have now started collecting pictures of new White Swift, in case I get a white one. I have the pictures of your White beauty also.I wanted Red but if White comes first I will take it. So I will also become a White_VDI . Trying to convince myself that White is better than Red.

@harry10: I dont know why Maruti is not able to make ABS cars to meet the demand.Even without ABS, Swift DDIs is a very tempting package. That is why we still have people who would go for Swift VDI even though Vista is a better package

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks