Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 22:03   #61
BHPian

raj a nice set of alloys and rubber along with tints would make a white swift stand out in the crowd...it wont disappoint you i guarantee!!!

Last edited by white_vdi : 7th October 2008 at 22:05.
Old 8th October 2008, 11:17   #62
BHPian

raj,
i know that you have now dropped the idea of ABS but i think if you write it to maruti then surely you may get it quickly.a complaint to maruti often works
Old 8th October 2008, 11:46   #63
BANNED

Dont know about other cities but in Bangalore Swift DDiS with ABS is stopped no one is having it in their price list.
@Arun i have VDi without ABS and a high speed breakings really scares me even after having Michelin MXV8 rubbers of 195 R15 60 size. ABS with EBD is must if you do high speed driving.Even i feel not just these two things all four disc breaks will sure do a magic.
Old 8th October 2008, 21:14   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
raj,
i know that you have now dropped the idea of ABS but i think if you write it to maruti then surely you may get it quickly.a complaint to maruti often works
Hi Ankit, I have sent a mail to Maruti after reading your post. I sent the mail to the following people

<email IDs removed on request>
- Regional Manager
- Business Head
</email IDs removed on request>

I kept a bcc to contact@maruti.co.in.

The content of the mail is as given below.

Dear all,
I am an IT Professional working in Trivandrum.I had booked a Bright Red Swift VDI with ABS on July 2nd 2008(Popular Vehicles, Trivandrum) and I have not yet received my car.It has been three months(delivery promised in 1.5 months) and the dealer has not been able to deliver the car as they are not getting ABS fitted VDI from Maruti. The Manager was helpless as he has not received the ABS fitted car from Maruti yet. So after waiting for more than three months for no reasons I am having to look for a Swift without ABS. Now I am waiting for a car with no assurance on when it would be delivered, even though the Manager was courteous and promised a delivery soon. But if Maruti does not despatch my car how can the Manager help me in getting my car delivered soon. I have been paying the EMI for the loan that I had taken to book the car, for three months, without having a car.
I am writing this mail after losing hope in sending mails to the Customer Care email of Maruti. I have sent many mails but I have not received any update till today and I am keeping the copy of the mail that I had sent.
Please do the needful to despatch my car as quickly as possible so that I can put an end to this endless wait. Expecting a response and action atleast to this mail
Thanks in Advance!!!
Regards

Though I dont have much hope, let us pray that they take some action. Thank you Ankit bai for the suggestion

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th October 2008 at 18:46. Reason: email IDs removed on request
Old 9th October 2008, 00:00   #65
Senior - BHPian

ha ha Raj/Ankit, Let me know if there's anything which comes out of the same. I've done a direct approach on such similar people only to be politely told to give up on the ABS variant, OR you can get a letter from some MLA/MP/big politician etyadi and then dealers will really oblige.
Politics solves everything in India
Old 9th October 2008, 10:52   #66
BHPian

@phamilyman
dont know why do you think this doesnot work,but i have seen this work in my case not once but 4 times in last 1.5 yrs.
you may get a special allotment on writing as in my case,for maurti arranging one swift vdi with abs is not a big deal,they will do it.
Old 11th October 2008, 13:43   #67
BHPian

Got a call from Maruti

Hi Ankit bai, I received a call from Vishal Sharma Regional head for South India yesterday. He informed me that in the case of ABS, it may get delayed more than 2months due to constraints. He asked me whether i have cancelled ABS. I told him that I have not cancelled and that I want ABS VDI. I asked him if I can get my car before the end of this month. He said he will check and call me back on the same day(yesterday). So I waited and waited for his call and I did not get a call till 6PM in the evening and I was worried thinking that he would never call back again.

But at around 7:15PM I got a call from him again(surprised to get a call after Office hours). He asked me to give him two days and that he will try to send a car on priority basis. I asked him if he would call me back after two days. He said he would call me back. I thanked him and ended the conversation.

So there it goes. I am crossing my fingers as I dont want to dream too much or expect too much and then not get it. I am not going to be fully confident of getting the ABS model until I get it.

But Ankit's suggestion works for sure.If I do get my ABS car then it would be thanks to Ankit bai. Thanks a lot bai
Old 11th October 2008, 15:40   #68
BHPian

thats good news raj,i have seen that maruti responds to such comlaints in time(genuine complaints).

mods:email ids can be removed from the post,to be given only to those whose case is genuine.

Last edited by ankit.jhamb : 11th October 2008 at 15:42.
Old 11th October 2008, 17:31   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
thats good news raj,i have seen that maruti responds to such comlaints in time(genuine complaints).

mods:email ids can be removed from the post,to be given only to those whose case is genuine.

@mods: Please remove the email id as mentioned by ankit.I did not realize that it can be misused by others, at the time of posting. We can give the email ids to anyone through private message, once we know that the case is genuine

@Swift_VDI: I will take a White VDI if it comes first.Started noticing many White VDIs recently and some with good alloys and Spoilers. It does indeed look great. Also I noticed that the blackened A Pillar suits the white vdi more than any other colour.
Old 11th October 2008, 18:39   #70
Senior - BHPian

I hope your wait is well rewarded and your excitement and joy at actually having the car makes you forget this excruciating wait.
I read this whole thread thinking the next set of posts will be about the delivery - but well!
Sit tight, sleep well and soon you'll be zooming away!
Old 11th October 2008, 19:49   #71
BHPian

great news raj!!!!!! fingers crossed bro.
hope you get the right news in 2 days time.
Old 11th October 2008, 20:18   #72
BHPian

@BenjiRoss: Even I would love to post about the delivery of the car. Anyway, one day it will indeed come true.

The wait for the first car has been so tough for the last three months with lots of disappointment after every call to the dealer. But now seems like there is a small light at the end of the tunnel. Hope that is not a speeding train .Waiting for that day when i can post lots of pics of my Beast.

@white_vdi: i mentioned swift _vdi instead of white_vdi in my last post. sorry for the error. I noticed your tagline "rain and my swift....thats all i'll ever need".You must be enjoying your ride in your Swift on a rainy day.It would be such a great feeling. I can imagine it

I think I have reached some 39 posts till date in Team-BHP. Maybe the time I get my car will coincide with my becoming a BHPian(from a newbie)
Old 12th October 2008, 00:11   #73
BHPian

Raj your lucky day will come soon. and then you would be able to post pics of your car in your "garage". another advantage of being a BHPian.
Old 12th October 2008, 00:40   #74
Senior - BHPian

Glad to know Raj you got a response. Hopefully in couple of days gud news will also come
Old 12th October 2008, 12:11   #75
BHPian

any updates raj84 ????

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks