Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2008, 12:49   #76
BHPian

i think he will get a reply tomm.from maruti.so he can only update us after that.
Old 12th October 2008, 22:01   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Now thats a story!!!
3 months since the booking and still no sign of your car. But, I sincerely hope at least the regional manager saves the day for you, delivers you a red VDi with ABS before Oct ends!!

And by the way, no matter if its a single piece at the dealership, do check it out T-BHP style(carry those checklists, pre-reg, pre-del)

Hope to see you united with you car soon!!!
Old 13th October 2008, 20:34   #78
BHPian

Update

Hi Friends, got a call from the Regional Head today. He said he has made the necessary arrangements in the Maruti factory and that they will despatch a car in 3-4 days. He said it will take some 12 days for the car to reach here. Altogether he said it can take some 20-22days for the car to reach the dealership. He said due to the festival season rush the despatch may get delayed in which case he would keep me posted. He has also sent me a mail with the same details. He has also kept a cc to the Manager of the dealership asking him to keep me updated with the details

Now 22days was too much of a delay earlier since there was no confirmation. But since now there is some confirmation from Maruti itself, I am feeling relieved. After all I can now hope to get a ABS fitted model which I would have definitely missed and regretted if i had gone for a non-ABS VDI

A Million Thanks goes to Ankit.Jhamb for his suggestion . If he had not suggested it, i would have gone with the non ABS VDI. But he really made all the difference. Team-BHP does indeed make a difference

@Dry Ice: I had taken the printout of the PDI from Team-BHP two months ago itself. I am carrying it with me always in my bag. Will definitely take it since I am note experienced enough to identify the faults in a car at the time of purchase
Old 14th October 2008, 10:30   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Hi Friends, got a call from the Regional Head today. He said he has made the necessary arrangements in the Maruti factory and that they will despatch a car in 3-4 days. He said it will take some 12 days for the car to reach here. Altogether he said it can take some 20-22days for the car to reach the dealership.
hi raJ,
Great to hear that you got Reply from Maruti,
In my case i have booked a Dzire ZDI on April 26th and cancelled the same on August due to poor response from the dealer.waited for the upgraded logan , as i am not pleased with their upgrades again booked a Swift VDi on August 16th.
I was promised by the MD of the dealership that he will ensure delivery of my Black beauty by 25-31 October.
so, effective waiting period for my Swift may be 2.5 months-Actual waiting period for a car is 6 months.

hope i dont get old before i drive my own DDis.
Old 14th October 2008, 15:29   #80
BHPian

thats good news raj.now have you changed the colour or not.what about the dealer,who had commited you 10th oct as the delivery date?
Old 14th October 2008, 20:04   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
thats good news raj.now have you changed the colour or not.what about the dealer,who had commited you 10th oct as the delivery date?
The colour is still Bright Red. I did not call the dealer afterwards. Thought I will call him after four days to ask him if the car has been despatched. Anyway a cc was kept to the Manager of the dealer by the Regional Head, asking him to update me regularly
Old 14th October 2008, 23:43   #82
BHPian

@thereal: I think you would have got your Dzire ZDI by now if you had not cancelled the booking. But I know waiting is such a frustrating thing. Anyway since you have taken a non-ABS Swift, you should get it quickly. But ensure to call and disturb the dealer often.Remind them that they have to deliver you a car and that they have made some promise to you. Its better if you can visit their showroom if possible ,often. They may tell you over phone that no Swift VDI black has come in the latest truck and when you visit their showroom you might see a new Black VDI being prepared for giving away to another person.Then you can show that to the dealer and ask them why they lied. This will force them to give you a car atleast from the next load. So the more often you visit the showroom the more your chances of seeing such a car being made ready for another person. Your frequent visit will also make the dealer aware of the fact that he cannot hide the truth from you and that he will have to give you your Swift on time and not to anybody else.
Old 15th October 2008, 11:44   #83
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion Raj, As per the promise the Manager made ,a black VDi should have got loaded from the plant by 14th October.i will follow up with him.
Meanwhile any news from your manager?
Old 15th October 2008, 20:45   #84
BHPian

Sent a mail to the Manager asking him to inform me when my car is despatched. So got a call from him and he said that the car has got loaded day before yesterday and is expected in 10-12 days time. Also he confirmed that it is Bright Red VDI with ABS.

So hope to get it by the end of this month or the beginning of November.That will be a big relief.

Hoping to end this wait soon and start the Ownership Experience thread in Team-BHP.
Old 15th October 2008, 23:59   #85
BHPian

atlast some good news raj. waiting for her pics now!!
Old 16th October 2008, 00:10   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

OT: but why everybody is calling their cars a beast these days? i own a swift i dont find it to be a beast.
Old 16th October 2008, 00:46   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Sent a mail to the Manager asking him to inform me when my car is despatched. So got a call from him and he said that the car has got loaded day before yesterday and is expected in 10-12 days time. Also he confirmed that it is Bright Red VDI with ABS.
Congrats Raj, i spoke with my manager and the reply i got from him is that on 14th dispatch no Black swift got loaded,and as he has already placed an indent for a Black swift it has to be delivered with in a day are two.

he gave me some info's stating that out of 10 swifts they ll manufacture 4 will be white ,4 will be silver ,1 will be black and 1 red. On the second 10 lot they may have 1 sunlight copper and 1 blue, as the last four color's movement is least when compared to the silver and white.

He requested me to take Silver VDi as he will be having one in reserve by 25th.after long consideration i decided myself to wait for Black as i fall in love with it,moreover every Peter and Paul has a silver or white swift nowadays (no offenses)
Old 16th October 2008, 08:06   #88
Senior - BHPian

Good to see some progress going on and the updates.
Hope your initial ownership joy makes you forget this long wait!
Old 16th October 2008, 20:18   #89
BHPian

Update Again

Got another mail from the Regional Head today. He has confirmed what the manager had said. The car got dispatched on Monday. He has also given me the Model Number, Chasss Number , Engine Number as well as the key number. So things are moving on fine

@whit_vdi: Yes I am also waiting eagerly to post the pictures of my beast.Will post her inside out even though we have seen many pictures of Swift in Team-BHP

@thereal: Hope you also get the car on time. It will make two new Swifts on board.

I was of the impression that White, Red and Silver were made with equal priority, as I see lots of Red Swifts daily. So that makes it really lucky to get a Red VDI. And to get ABS is something extremely lucky and i owe that to Ankit.Jhamb

@BenjiRoss: I would be taking an off when i get the car and spend a whole day just sitting inside it and exploring it. Its not only a new car but the first car in my home. Dont know how I will sleep the day the car is home. Maybe inside the car

@anshuman: I guess that you have a car that is more powerful than a Swift VDI. Maybe a Turbo Diesel with more torque than Swift. I have a friend who owns both a Laura TDI as well as a Swift VDI. Before buying the Laura he was calling the Swift a Beast. But now after driving the Laura he feels that the Swift lacks power. So maybe it is all about what all cars you have driven till now
Old 16th October 2008, 20:42   #90
Senior - BHPian

@ Raj - Loved your enthu and excitement. Keep it up. Waiting for you to get the hands on it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks