Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2008, 14:49   #16
BHPian

I paid Rs 3.75 lacs for the car ,which has run 8200 km and I am registered as the first owner.. (Including transportation from Kanpur and Insurance)

I drive Honda City exi and Zen vxi for my daily affairs,so this toy is more for the wild night outs And trust me, I am having some fun cruising at 100kph

The mechanics are available here and then , there is my personal mechanic whom I trust more than any branded showrooms' skilled men.

I lost one rear wheel cap the other day, but thank God, I have one extra ..

Planning to put neons at the base but then I have replaced neons thrice in my zen so feeling a little apprehensive.

I have purchased Amway Car Shampoo and hopefully, I will give it a good interior cleaning this weekend.
Old 16th August 2008, 23:56   #17
BHPian

Congratulations Shahab!

Loved the color, do post a detailed ownership review.

cheers:
dhiman
Old 17th August 2008, 13:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lover_guy_001 View Post
I have purchased Amway Car Shampoo and hopefully, I will give it a good interior cleaning this weekend.
Dont use AMWAY Car shampoo for interiors please
Old 17th August 2008, 15:36   #19
BHPian

Great buy. It feels good when someone does what seems right to his heart and not go by the review ton.
Old 17th August 2008, 17:39   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Dont use AMWAY Car shampoo for interiors please

Oh yaar, my driver got it last week..I am yet to use it..Is it bad for the leather?
Old 17th August 2008, 17:53   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulation on your new purchase Lover_guy 001,personally i never liked this car(as is the case with most BHPians here) i like the color and gloss on the car , i'd buy a new Gypsy in some bright shade i were looking for a open air feel with some exclusivity.
Old 17th August 2008, 17:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

8200 kms?
Did you inspect the car fully before buying
What's the warranty and all related?
Old 17th August 2008, 18:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Nice shining car, buddy. Congrats on your new buy.

One thing which I'am unable to understand is "Are these kind of open cars suitable in India"? With the dust and smoke so much around, the cars interiors will get dirty in no time. Is this feasible in long run? We need to clean this up on daily basis unlike in countries like US & European countries.

I think all the major parts are made of FRP, right?

Last edited by snaronikar : 17th August 2008 at 18:12.
Old 17th August 2008, 19:05   #24
BHPian

Thnx again,brothers.

One thing people forget is that, this car is not something which you can use for daily work-office affairs..You cant take it to the narrow lanes of Calcutta where there is a speed breaker at a distance of every 10 metres and those damn bumpy roads . This car is a good option only for those who have 2-3 cars standing at the garage and luckily ,I am one. I am planning to use this toy on weekends just for chillaxing.

Honestly ,you cant even park this toy at the roadside,considering this is India. If you are going to stay fixed in this car or go to those malls,restaurants with secured parking ,then only you can think about driving this.

The major parts are FRP,true. I took a test drive in feb, when it had done 8050 kms. My driver went in May and June ,twice ,and he felt that the fan belt had a weary look and also the fuel pump needed cleaning.Fan belt wasnt replaced at the time of delivery so I purchased it and got it replaced..And the fuel pump was replaced by San Motors' authorised service station in Kanpur.Rest is fine till now..
Old 17th August 2008, 19:35   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lover_guy_001 View Post
This was a test drive car hence,unregistered..It has done 8200 kms
Sorry, but isn't that a lot of test drives?
Old 17th August 2008, 19:56   #26
BHPian

availability or cost of spares, what people have to say, what the reviews are WHO CARES???

the car looks cool for the purpose intended.
Just have fun and its a good price to feel the wind in your hair also to have the better half to enjoy the drive.

have fun!!!
Old 17th August 2008, 20:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

FINALLY someone has dared to buy this car !!!!! Kudos to you sir !!! Other than the fact that open cars / convertibles are highly impractical in India - due to various reasons. The car certainly has an exclusiveity factor..

Enjoy your car with care

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Sorry, but isn't that a lot of test drives?
Sam

There are cars here in Delhi / Gurgaon which cover more than 25000 kms just "test driving" within a year. So 8K is not so bad

Last edited by aah78 : 19th August 2008 at 00:46. Reason: Posts merged. Please use EDIT / MULTI-QUOTE.
Old 17th August 2008, 22:31   #28
BANNED

Congratulations! You must be feeling pretty unique :-)
Old 17th August 2008, 22:55   #29
BHPian

hi shahab,
first of all congratulations on your new purchase. The car has a wow factor with it. colour is stunning.

and regarding your saying that this car is not for daily use,you are correct. I dont see you having a problem with the car when you are using it at night outs.

B.T.W where do you get your car serviced here in kolkata? who is the mechanic and what kind of work is he capable of?
Old 17th August 2008, 23:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase and being among the few young Indians to break the mold!. I am overjoyed at seeing this thread. Not another Zen-Estilo or Wagon-R to "beast" about here.I will be following this thread closely and i hope you will keep us updated regularly about the performance and maintenance of your car. I'm thinking about buying either this car or a Jeep as my Indian ride. Cheers!

Last edited by nickatnite : 17th August 2008 at 23:56.

Most Viewed