Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2008, 21:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Are you saying that you will give servicing only at Automatrix, Mangalore? You will drive all the way to Mangalore for giving for servicing? Just kidding, bro.

Do post the final pics after you complete all the modifications and accessories fitment.
hehe i have other options like RAC....

I will do post the pics once my car is ready.....
Old 28th August 2008, 21:39   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Are you saying that you will give servicing only at Automatrix, Mangalore? You will drive all the way to Mangalore for giving for servicing?
From my personal experience of getting our Indica serviced with them since 7+ years, i would say it's worth it .

Hi lohithrao, a trivia info. about the fuel average. For some reason, i observed a lower FE too on the B'lore-M'lore trip on our Indica (19.4 kmpl), while a higher average was seen during the M'lore-B'lore trip(20.5 kmpl). Had thought that the descend from the higher altitude to sea level would be bit frugal on fuel consumption.
Old 29th August 2008, 11:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
From my personal experience of getting our Indica serviced with them since 7+ years, i would say it's worth it .

Hi lohithrao, a trivia info. about the fuel average. For some reason, i observed a lower FE too on the B'lore-M'lore trip on our Indica (19.4 kmpl), while a higher average was seen during the M'lore-B'lore trip(20.5 kmpl). Had thought that the descend from the higher altitude to sea level would be bit frugal on fuel consumption.
Yea i agree, the Automatrix guys seem to be serious compared to their counterparts in bangalore but i have accepted that not to expect a lot...

About the FE i feel its about getting hang of the road....you end up burnig more fuel on winding roads, i feel once you drive fr goo distance on the winding roads you get better.....this is aplicable for people leaving in Bangalore since we hardly get to drive on winding roads.....just my thoughts
Old 29th August 2008, 12:09   #64
BHPian

Hey Lohit, Great pics!. The Adventure simply rocks! Great for Indian roads (especially for people who frequently do M'lore-Blore).

Good to know that you got all your work done at RAC. I was desperately looking out for an alternative to GT. I am tired of their attitude.

Called Basavaraj and will be going there tomorrow for a complete Service and some other issues.

Hope they are good ;-)

Cheers,
Sushanth
Old 29th August 2008, 12:23   #65
Senior - BHPian

Nimma gaadi thumba chanda untu ri .

BTW I think the real acid test for the tyres would be the Brahmavara stretch between Udupi and Kundapur. Give it a shot. Also nice looking car man, looks menacing.
Old 29th August 2008, 12:35   #66
Senior - BHPian

sushanth, thanks...yes this car has made my life easy as i dont worry about the bad roads.. rac is much better compared to GT am sure you will find the diffrence...

Even i might drop in tomorrow morning...lets try to catch up.
Old 29th August 2008, 12:37   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Nimma gaadi thumba chanda untu ri .

BTW I think the real acid test for the tyres would be the Brahmavara stretch between Udupi and Kundapur. Give it a shot. Also nice looking car man, looks menacing.
Thumba thanks marayre

Ohh is that stretch gone bad again?? guess will head there sometime...

how was your trip?
Old 29th August 2008, 13:23   #68
Senior - BHPian

Aye yes that stretch is in shambles. My trip went really well, travelogue should be up in a day or 2 been busy with work.

Check the NH-17 thread posting a few pics soon.
Old 29th August 2008, 13:48   #69
BHPian

congrats lohithrao for your new purchase. However i'm pretty sure letting your OHC go would have been even tougher then deciding on a new car. High end torque has its own pleasures.
but adventure has its own bonquet of goodies...
Old 29th August 2008, 14:02   #70
BHPian

car looks imposing maan!!
looks big and sturdy

guys..
can a bull bar be fitted on a petra??
if yes,is it available at the service centres??
Old 29th August 2008, 14:02   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Very good decision Lohith, Adventure never came to my minds to give a suggestion when you looked for tough car. In Bangalore you will get best service. Waiting to see the pictures. It has good ride front seats are excellant and quiet good back seats too with lot of boot pace.

Considering our highway condition I would say buying Sedan for highway driving is no more worth :( One needs vehicles like Adventures.

Regards,

Ravi.
Ravi,

Guess you are already aware that the Adventure is from the FIAT stable. Can you please guide me as to where I can find this elusive best service in Bangalore?

I drive a FIAT too, as you know.

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 29th August 2008, 14:07   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
congrats lohithrao for your new purchase. However i'm pretty sure letting your OHC go would have been even tougher then deciding on a new car. High end torque has its own pleasures.
but adventure has its own bonquet of goodies...
Ashish so true, it was a difficult day when i sold my OHC... missing it:(

Yea i did feel good after driving Advy
Old 29th August 2008, 14:09   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Ravi,

Guess you are already aware that the Adventure is from the FIAT stable. Can you please guide me as to where I can find this elusive best service in Bangalore?

I drive a FIAT too, as you know.

Cheers,
Rajan
Rajan, You can try Concord (Hosur rd) it seems that they have some goof fiat mechanics. can contact Vijay(advisor)

Also there is aguy named Madhav who has a worksop in Hebal, it seems he is good too..
Old 29th August 2008, 14:18   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
car looks imposing maan!!
looks big and sturdy

guys..
can a bull bar be fitted on a petra??
if yes,is it available at the service centres??

Thanks Shanty..

Am sure you should be able to fix the bull bar, though it might not be a straight fit...the new one costs 22k
Old 1st September 2008, 12:03   #75
BHPian

Being a fellow adventure owner was keen to try my hand on Lohith's adventure and I got this opporutnity on this Saturday. I was also thrilled to try Lohith's adventure because it is the only other adventure I have driven. Thanks Lohith.

One very apparent difference in the Lohith's Palio Adventure and my Adventure Sport was the seating. Adventure sport has a high seating. I think Palio Adventure has Palio like seating. I am sure there would be some other differences as well.

The drive was as exciting as it could be with an adventure.

@Lohith - your car's engine as good as new even after doing 51K+ kilometeres. And your car looks really smart. For the price, you have got a great deal buddy. Congratulations !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks