Team-BHP - City to Adventure - Updated!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   City to Adventure - Updated! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/44167-city-adventure-updated.html)

Hey All, last 10days has been very hectic did give my head lot of thinhking to do:)

After my last trip to the Mangalore, i did feel that time has come for me to shift from a sedan(OHC) to a tougher car. Since i had the budget constraint dint have too many options but my ohc has some great qualities which made me back of from selling it many times....

This time i was more practical and considering that i will only be using the car on hiway(most of the times) i wanted a tough car!

What i did not like about this car:

Low GC
Not much of torque
Not for bad roads
Tall drives wont like it much, esp on long drives

What i liked about this car:

Very refined
Very reliable
Nice control
Great milage(13 in City & 18+ on hiway w/o AC)

so thats when i came across a Adventure(Palio)...

As most of the people know its one tough car which has the qualities of both a sedan and a SUV, best part all my issues we taken care of..

Its good for tall drivers
Nice powerful
Lovely suspensions
Great on both good and aswel as bad roads!

What i have not liked till now is the clutch is too deep...

Stage 1: Have sold the OHC and i have picked the Adventure...

Today i left it for a good serviceat RAC, one issue is the rust factor few places have developed rust like doors and near beedings, so have asked to take care of those areas might be later in the future i will have to go for a complete pain job...

Have asked to change all the fluids, Magnetic & Berdhal is what i have asked for the engine oil..

Tires need to be changed, did speak to Ranjith about it and he was suggesting me Yokohama (forgot the model) which suits both tarmac and aswel the semi offroad conditions..

WIll get back with pics and more info later...

Before i end, would like to say that deciding on a car is a difficult job, as have seen many not sure for what purpose they need the car. luckily i dint have much trouble in making a decision...also must say TBHP has helped me a lot....just by reading travelogues and experiences one can get a very good idea...and definitely the real experience is a huge contributor while making a decision...

Keep watching

Forgot to mention the most important aspect of buying the Advy, no more asking for road conditions:) hehe

Very good decision Lohith, Adventure never came to my minds to give a suggestion when you looked for tough car. In Bangalore you will get best service. Waiting to see the pictures. It has good ride front seats are excellant and quiet good back seats too with lot of boot pace.

Considering our highway condition I would say buying Sedan for highway driving is no more worth :( One needs vehicles like Adventures.

Regards,

Ravi.

Dude, can't wait to see the pics!

Ravi, yes few weeks back had been to Mangalore and did some rounds of Karkala,Udupi,Ujre etc... it did strain driving in bad road conditions in OHC....

Have driven my Ady for short distance now ad must say am impressed that best handels, the speed breakers where i used do in my 1st gear and even then scrape the bottom now am zooming over them:)

Yes as mentioned by you, sedan you need to plan your journey thats why i used to ask for the road conditions:)

I remember the bad experience driving from Goa to Mangalore las year, by the time i reached Kundapura i had got drained out and was ready to leave the car and take a walk

SUshanth, will post up the pics once i get her from the service...even am sooo restless now. Never give your car for service during the holidays, esp when you have lots of work to be done...hehe

This is one of the best looking, multi functional, AWESOME CAR.

congrats.

Lohith, Congrats on your Adventure beast!

Am sure you would love driving it esp on highways & off roads!

congrats. looking forward to a short term user review :)

Thanks guys:) am looking forward to take the beast for a long drive and see how does it feel:) will keep updating

Need some info, what tire size you recommend for Adventure?

195/70/14 or 185/70/14 or 195/60/14???

Also planning to get the HL upgraded to 90/100, any suggestions on this?

Congrats on your purchase! A good buy is what i can say for now. One of my ex-colleagues had one, and recollect him saying it handled better than the 2 most-sought-after Indian SUV's :D, and hence his decision in going for it.

As regards headlamps, please read related Safari threads on Osram 60/55W bulbs. Claim to have a good beam spread, as well as whiteness.

By the way, also remember seeing a few parts like the rear quarter glass, tailgate windshield, etc displaying a 'Mfd. in South America' on them. Nice if you can make a casual check on their future availability.

So, what's the colour of the car?

Kamath, Thanks. yes its a fantastic car which is made for adventurous;) people

Its silver color, about the spares am at the mercy of tata guys;)

Welcome to the exclusive club, Lohith.
There are fewer Adventures on the road than Mercs!

Congrats on a well thought out purchase !! Once the car is back from RAC, Please take and post some pics.

directinjection, yes and am proud to be part of it:)

spadival, Thanks, will surely do.:)