Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2008, 20:42   #46
Senior - BHPian

Amazing car.. and awesome pics! I am so damn tempted towards this
Old 25th August 2008, 07:08   #47
BHPian

Your location says: Chennai, Bangalore.

But since your car reg is TN, I assume you are in Chennai.

When you are in Bangalore, I suggest you to get in touch with Rudraji and do a photo shoot to bring out the real beauty in your car!

Rudraji

Last edited by arif_t01 : 25th August 2008 at 07:09.
Old 27th August 2008, 14:05   #48
BHPian

hi sathee46
nice car. im thinking of getting one myself in the same color. i was wondering if you could answer a few q's
1-are those the leather vinyl covers that the dealer gave you as accessories? because they look really nice. do they get very hot under your thighs and your back?
2-how would you compare the cars drive and power with the old 1.6 ikon which you used to drive? (which i too had for 3 years and loved it).
3-have you checked your fuel economy?

many thanks in advance.

the other day on the autocar show they compared ford 1.6s, palio 1.6, sx4 and swift petrol to see the best drivers car,,and the ford 1.6s came out tops.
Old 27th August 2008, 18:20   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinwadhwani View Post
hi sathee46
nice car. im thinking of getting one myself in the same color. i was wondering if you could answer a few q's
1-are those the leather vinyl covers that the dealer gave you as accessories? because they look really nice. do they get very hot under your thighs and your back?
2-how would you compare the cars drive and power with the old 1.6 ikon which you used to drive? (which i too had for 3 years and loved it).
3-have you checked your fuel economy?

many thanks in advance.

the other day on the autocar show they compared ford 1.6s, palio 1.6, sx4 and swift petrol to see the best drivers car,,and the ford 1.6s came out tops.
1.Yes, they are the leather vinyl seats which the dealer gave as a part of the discounts offered.

2. I had a 1.3 Ikon before, but i have extensivly driven the 1.6 Ikon too. And yes this is much fun to drive than the Ikon and it very stable & brakes much much better at high speeds(thanks for the ABS). There is a bit of concern with the suspension.

3. I have not checked FE, I would do it only after 1000 Kms. the dealer says it's 11-13 in the city.

Overall it is a drivers car.Though i'm not an expert, from the cars i have driven in past i feel this is really good drivers car (IMO. More than comparable to the OHC & 1.6 Ikon) I suggest you to go ahead and have a good long TD, that would tell you how good the car is.

Good luckcheers:
Old 27th August 2008, 22:04   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Just curious, what exactly do you mean by poor visibility of turn indicators? Pardon me if this sounds like a stupid question.
The turn-indicator backlights are pretty weak, so they're not very visible during the day. Apart from the clicking sound, you wouldn't even know they were running. Had mentioned this in another thread too. Not sure how Ford missed this obvious oversight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
I just noticed the following things in my ride as of now

The Steering shows some movement by itself when i'm in bad roads or on bumps, I'm not sure if this is normal.

The suspension is stiff, My father feels my Ikon was better than this and also says the steering is a bit heavy. I dont feel much problems on the steering.
The 1.6S suspension is supposed to be stiff. The ride quality is still decent enough though, but don't expect a ride as comfortable as the regular variants. It should even out at higher speeds, so drive faster (just kidding)

All Fiestas have steering setups with loads of feedback from the road. With the stiffer suspension on the S, I noticed it translated to even more feedback.. with the side-effect that the steering wheel was easily pushed from side to side by irregularities on the road.
The steering feel is a bit heavy, but its well weighted and balanced throughout the entire turning circle.

Congrats on the car
Old 28th August 2008, 12:53   #51
BHPian

Quote:
1.Yes, they are the leather vinyl seats which the dealer gave as a part of the discounts offered.

2. I had a 1.3 Ikon before, but i have extensivly driven the 1.6 Ikon too. And yes this is much fun to drive than the Ikon and it very stable & brakes much much better at high speeds(thanks for the ABS). There is a bit of concern with the suspension.

3. I have not checked FE, I would do it only after 1000 Kms. the dealer says it's 11-13 in the city.

Overall it is a drivers car.Though i'm not an expert, from the cars i have driven in past i feel this is really good drivers car (IMO. More than comparable to the OHC & 1.6 Ikon) I suggest you to go ahead and have a good long TD, that would tell you how good the car is.

Good luckcheers:
you missed out on one question,,do those leather vinyl seat covers get very hot? some of these so called leather vinyl cause excessive perspiration under the thighs and the back..is it the case with the ones installed in you car as well?
Old 28th August 2008, 13:34   #52
BHPian

Quote:
I've driven the car above 300Km's now (All in the City), I just cant stop driving this thing. Though i have not put the throttle down to the max I'm having enough fun for what it is. I dont want to get down from the car at all

I just noticed the following things in my ride as of now

The Steering shows some movement by itself when i'm in bad roads or on bumps, I'm not sure if this is normal.

I find the braking to be a tad slower than what it used to be in my Ikon.

The suspension is stiff, My father feels my Ikon was better than this and also says the steering is a bit heavy. I dont feel much problems on the steering.

I have got Leather seats & 3M Sunfilm, Good thing is i get another 10K worth accessories as exchange bonus, Which I will take next week. They also give some ICE stuff but only Sony & Kenwood.

that's all for now, here are few pictures of my baby
HiSathee46,
Congratulations on your new purchase.It is indeed an awesome looking car.
As mentioned in your posts,you have traded off your earlier car to go in for the new one.Please let me know the details of the buy back price of your old car with model and the amount you finally paid for the new car.This would help me take a discision,as I am in discussions with Ford dealers here and in a similar deal as yours.
Thanks
Old 28th August 2008, 14:51   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
HiSathee46,
Congratulations on your new purchase.It is indeed an awesome looking car.
As mentioned in your posts,you have traded off your earlier car to go in for the new one.Please let me know the details of the buy back price of your old car with model and the amount you finally paid for the new car.This would help me take a discision,as I am in discussions with Ford dealers here and in a similar deal as yours.
Thanks
I sold my previous car a 2004 model Ford Ikon Flair for 2.65. It was indeed a exchange with the dealer itself. I got 32K as corporate discount in which for 15K i had to take accessories from the dealer and rest as cash. I also got 10K Exchange bonus for my old car, Which i'm yet to take.

This discount part varies between different corporates, just check with your dealer for details.
Old 28th August 2008, 15:49   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
you missed out on one question,,do those leather vinyl seat covers get very hot? some of these so called leather vinyl cause excessive perspiration under the thighs and the back..is it the case with the ones installed in you car as well?
Sachin, on long distabce journeys with low A/C usage, one would observe perspiration owing to these seat covers. However for normal usage there is no problem as such.
Old 28th August 2008, 16:17   #55
BHPian

wow

I am so so tempted to have this beauty in my garage

Congrats mate and have a save drive
Old 28th August 2008, 16:25   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to have missed out on that, Well the answer is So far so good. Till now i did not find such problems, But since I have not driven the car much (As i'm caught up with my usual boring office in bangalore) i cant say much. I would be taking the car on a few long trips starting this weekend. So i will update you soon
Old 28th August 2008, 16:59   #57
BHPian

Congrats sathee46, on your ford fiesta. Nice pics too especially the last one. I was also a Ford Ikon 1.6 owner and did consider the Ford fiesta and finally settled for a Oprta Managnum. The fiesta a divers car. Happy motoring.
Old 29th August 2008, 08:54   #58
BHPian

Congrats Sathee,

The pics of Ur car look simply Amazing!!

I would never have considered the blue color for my next car but seeing the Ford Ad for the Fiesta S and then going thru ur pics, I'm sorely tempted by this color.

Could u please post more pics of the interiors- both front and back seats as well as the dashboard and central column

I've got a 3 year baleno and am thinking about a change now....

Great Car- Enjoy it to the max.

For All those who say Diesel is cheaper and u don't really need 1.6 ltr in Indian driving condition, I say- U only live once. Live it properly!

The Fiesta 1.6S is a testament to the driving spirit within those of us with big hearts and relatively small pockets... Thank u Ford.
Old 29th August 2008, 09:42   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
Congrats Sathee,

For All those who say Diesel is cheaper and u don't really need 1.6 ltr in Indian driving condition, I say- U only live once. Live it properly!

The Fiesta 1.6S is a testament to the driving spirit within those of us with big hearts and relatively small pockets... Thank u Ford.
Well said man! Puff...dragon! Unfortunately many put FE and costs on much higher weightage that it actualy deservs and overlook the driving pleasure/convenience (even though most private cars are self driven)
Old 29th August 2008, 09:55   #60
BHPian

@Puffdamgcdragon - Thanks!! & well said.

I would post more pictures of the interiors soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks