Team-BHP - Oh Yeah! Got my Fiesta 1.6S
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Oh Yeah! Got my Fiesta 1.6S (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/44451-oh-yeah-got-my-fiesta-1-6s.html)

Dear All,

At last I have got something to fall in love with once again, A Ford Fiesta 1.6S.

It all started in March when I tell my dad that I need a new ride, So me and dad planned to change our good old Maruti 800 to a Swift vxi. Then we had to changed the plan because my mom was using the 800 somehow did not find the swift comfortable and was very much in love with our 800, So swift was out. We somehow convince her and buy an alto, And got an Alto in April.

But then we realize it was me who wanted a car and not my mom. I was using the Ikon flair for more than a year as my Dad got a Bolero for his office use and hardly uses the Ikon and I loved every bit of my Ikon but it was getting old I mean the design and I wanted something new and something a bit sporty. Knowing this my dad tells me that I can replace the Ikon and get any sedan I like but after a month or two. So it came to june. There was 3 cars in my mind Honda City, Hyndai Verna Diesel and at last the Fiesta (Old model) . I read almost every review about these 3 cars, I test drove all the 3, Though I was not a big fan of the NHC, I decide on Vtec city. Then I find out the regular Vtec was not available anymore and only the vtec+ was there and it was costing over 10L.

Then I see the all new Fiesta pictures in tbhp and just fell in love with the car. I checked out the car on 19th June, My love is more after I see the car in flesh, I Also TD the display vehicle from MPL Ford Chennai a while later, I’m totally impressed, And what I get Alloys, Spoilers, ABS, Airbags and almost all goodies which the City Vtec+ had but a good 2L lesser, I was happy so was my Mom & Dad, Though dad wanted me to go for a diesel fiesta was later convinced after test driving both the versions.

I booked the car in end of June and my delivery date was first week of August and mom says take it on 3rd or on 20th. I fix 3rd but my delivery gets postponed to 20th due to some problem with the paper work and some official obligations. So I had to wait for 20th, the wait for 20th was quite a long wait as I had already sold my Ikon. Selling my Ikon was like sending someone out of our family (I was almost on tears when it left me). So comes 20th now it's ford's turn to mess up, they don’t take the car for registration on time due to some bank strike and say they can’t get it done on 20th this time I just can’t wait any more. So I call ford and tell them to give me the car today or keep the car with themselves. So with a lot help from one of our family friend I get the car un-registered, it's still not registered hopefully I’ll do it tomorrow. So not much of driving till now.

As far as the intial comments for the car are concerned

- The Horn is not Hard, The issue is guess with the MPL Ford's TD car
- The Turning radius is neat, don’t find any problems.
- The Turn indicators have very poor visibility but the instrument cluster looks awesome in the dark
- The clutch is heavy, but hope it should be fine in sometime
- The ICE is pretty good. It has compo’s in the front. The AUX works fine with my IPOD but the Volume levels of it is a bit low compared to the CD.
- I personally prefer the black interiors. The rear seats are could have been better though.

cheers:THANK YOU TBHP, Without which I would have struggled a lot, Thanks for all the help and those sneak previews & reviews

I loved driving my Ikon, This Car is a lot more fun to drive and turns almost every head in the road. I cannot comment much on the car as i've not driven it much. Would provide more details and Pictures later. For now i have only these..

Good initial report and the colour is also fine. Do post some more pics of the car, its interiors, alloys etc.

Good choice mate and i like the colour of the car

congrats for the new car .....

Nice color of ur car and i love the pic.

Congrats on your buy. If I had ever got a Fiesta, then I would have wanted this blue. I guess it is available only in sports model. I had checked it out recently, the black color on interiors is fine, but I felt the Ford guys made a mess of it with the poor fabric. The sporty pedals are great and I guess you must be enjoying your ride.

I love the new look fiesta. IT looks awesome. Heard its a little more refined than the old fiesta.

Congratulations dude and drive safe. Can we have a few more pics please.

Congrats!! Nice car.

Congrats on the best car in the Sub-10L segment :) And please post detailed pics too :)

How much did the car cost OTR ?

Congratulations. Thats the best looking of the lot and the colour is perfect. Have fun.

superb colour ... congratulations and have a safe ride

congratzz dude!!!
amazing car!!
the fiesta 1.6 is a stonker of a engine and a drivers delight
have fun but drive safe..
cheers!

Congrats on your New Car!

I had gone yesterday evening to get my car after servicing. There was an Electric Blue Fiesta 1.6S, which was their TD car.

Went for a spin. Oh, Boy! The exhaust note was simply additive :thumbs up I haven't heard similar sound from a stock car. I would have bought the car just for that :D

Congrats Dude.
Its a great car to drive around.
TD'ed it a short while back and was left impressed by its roar. :)
Drive Safe !

Hey congratulations and best of luck for the new car. By the way, are you sure the stock speakers in the front are components? Doubt it very much but if it really is then thats something great from ford.

For an enthusiast, the Fiesta 1.6S is the perfect upgrade from an Ikon. It is the only driver-oriented car from the C segment. Congratulations, and great choice of colour....I really wouldn't have the 1.6S any other way. Watch the revvs during the running-in period. Post 2000 kms, happy cornering and do keep us updated on the driving experience.