Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2008, 21:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Boy thats a small car for the autobhan. I am surprised you were able to touch 180.

I did Frankfurt to Munich in a Jetta PD and 180 was the comfortable top speed that I could constantly hold for long times. The absolute max was 210 going downhill but the engine sounded strained.
Old 17th December 2008, 02:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Boy thats a small car for the autobhan. I am surprised you were able to touch 180.

I did Frankfurt to Munich in a Jetta PD and 180 was the comfortable top speed that I could constantly hold for long times. The absolute max was 210 going downhill but the engine sounded strained.
Polo comes in various engine options, 1.2 1.3 & 1.4, mine is 1.4 & touches 180 without major hitch, til 160kmph its easy to touch, then it takes few more seconds to touch 180kmph.

My golf 5 did 220 easily, can be sustained at 200 for extended periods. have not driven jetta yet. Before this I had a ford focus with 1.6 ltr engine & it took ages to reach 180+. but VW is surprisingly packed small car.
Old 28th December 2008, 18:04   #18
BANNED

when we will have VW polo or golf in India?
Old 23rd January 2009, 13:24   #19
BHPian

Polo in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
when we will have VW polo or golf in India?

Methinks around 2010 is what they are saying. The more interesting question is whether we get the hatchback or the sedan, both of which are being sold in markets like Brasil and China for quite a while now.

Here's more news on what shape it will take come 2009. I think it looks quite good, and should be a decent alternative to the Linea, ANHC wars!

Old 23rd January 2009, 15:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunforu1 View Post
3.Most funny: Pee on engine, I laughed, but VW guy was serious, he said it works with a serious look. Asked with collegues they too agreed that it works.

My solution, i rented a garage for parking & so far my car is safe from animals.
Brilliant solution. Hope it is effective against rats. I can imagine T-bhp owners urinating on their engines creating a mass exodus of rodents.
Old 23rd January 2009, 15:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunforu1 View Post
remedies told against nasty rubber chewing animal:
1. install an electronic pest repellant = expensive.
2. Install an underbody guard mesh = expensive+have to leave the car.
3.Most funny: Pee on engine, I laughed, but VW guy was serious, he said it works with a serious look. Asked with collegues they too agreed that it works.
Hey back in India I was told by my GM service guy that Tobacco in a cloth packet can also prevent rodents from entering the engine bay by way of its smell. So you can add one to the above remedies as well (more practical and economical ).
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:52   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Methinks around 2010 is what they are saying. The more interesting question is whether we get the hatchback or the sedan, both of which are being sold in markets like Brasil and China for quite a while now.

Here's more news on what shape it will take come 2009. I think it looks quite good, and should be a decent alternative to the Linea, ANHC wars!
i wish they have hatch back first in india than the sedan.
Old 25th January 2009, 01:40   #23
BHPian

I rented a VW Polo in Portugal last year for a few days. I dont remember if it was a 1.2 or a 1.4, but I was very impressed by the amount of torque that the engine generated. Throttle response was brilliant and the engine produced decent power at low and mid rpms. Almost felt like a diesel at times. However the engine wasn't very rev happy and seemed to struggle to get to the red-line.

I didn't try to achieve any top-speed as I was still not 100% comfortable with driving on the right side of the road, and also wasn't too sure how strictly speed limits were enforced. However the car was very capable of cruising at 150 km/h and had excellent in-gear acceleration. Build quality was far better than the Swift I drive in Mumbai. In fact the difference is so vast it seems unfair to even compare the two cars.

Would love to have a Polo as my next car, or a Golf if I can manage to pull together the necessary funds.

Most Viewed