Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2008, 15:55   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
Finally, finally after about..well 4 months 6 days and 7 hours later the Dzire has arrived!

The journey has been an eventful one, with half truths and complete lies, with heartache and the faint glimmer of hope, with frustration and anger, with disappointments and dejection(well thats enough i guess!)

-but the Swift Dzire(VDi) surely redeems all that and thats saying something about the car!

-have taken delivery today at 3pm and just got back home from the 'most cheerful time' in the past five months.

-this is just a teaser as i was itching to put in my report and am tired(dead) from the sojourns of the evening.

-will post details of the booking/waiting/delivery and initial impression morrow with the pictures.

i thank team-BHP for making the past months a little more bearable by the excellent articles and the regular updates!
Hi Tor,
Did you go for Teflon coating on your car? Just curios to know.

Thanks
f1fan
Old 9th November 2008, 20:23   #47
TOR
BHPian

No teflon was harmed in the delivery of the car!

Two cans of dinitrinol was spread on the undersurface(anti-rust).
Old 9th November 2008, 20:48   #48
TOR
BHPian

First service update.

Three weeks post purchase and the call was made to the service center for the first service.

Car had covered 1,255km as i drove her into the service center. There was no service manager available for about half an hour-first impression are..

Concerns before service:-

1) the steering hub was rubbing on something in the steering coloum while taking turns and was making an irritating noise.

2)the plastic surrounds of the fog lamps has come apart on one side (from its locks).

Wanted to get the oil filter also changed(due to personal convictions!) and had to do a lot of convincing to get it done as it was extra labor-i was not charged for the same-does the company pay the dealer-dont know?

Delivery was delayed by 1 hour and there was a scratch on the front bumper from some tool-very poor indeed.

Concern 1) was completely solved

2) still has some amount of gap between the surrounds and the bumper.

Evaluation

-lousy service

-all cars are dealt impartially-which is a double edged sword-pity the Kizashi and vitara owner!

The car:

-the engine has really freed up

-NVH has improved due to smoother engine

-1500 to 2200 rpm transition has changed completely-initially it was like a switch being turned on-now the response has become very linear-so much that the push back into the seat at 'turbo time' is absent in 3rd and 4th(still present in 2nd).

would like to know about this from other DDIS users.

-'roaming' the engine compartment brought up this
Swift Dzire 6 months, 6,000 kms, post 2nd service update-image0041.jpg
so this is not a completely 'desi' setup after all.
Old 9th November 2008, 23:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

heh, i guess the much famed maruti A.S.S isnt superlative after all ( my experience with tata has been comparable, right down to the random made in germany parts )
Old 10th November 2008, 10:03   #50
BHPian

Quote:
1500 to 2200 rpm transition has changed completely-initially it was like a switch being turned on-now the response has become very linear-so much that the push back into the seat at 'turbo time' is absent in 3rd and 4th(still present in 2nd).
Yes, I too am having the same situation where the turbo kick has disappeared in 3rd! Sometimes I keep glancing at the tacho to see when the turbo will kick in and am suprised to see that I have already crossed 2k rpm! My car has done around 2000 km till now.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:09   #51
fk7
BHPian

Excellent writeup. Any plans to change the wheels to alloys, maybe even to 15". Is this possible has anyone done this in the forum?

Meanwhile your writeup shows the care you put into your car. Keep going. Looking forward to more inputs from you.

FK
Old 10th November 2008, 12:08   #52
BHPian

This is an amazing write-up from the begining.

I m also from Trivandrum. But for the past 8yrs, I have been working outside Kerala.

Where is this Motor Plaza in Trivandrum?

Don't ever give your vehicle to Indus Motors for service. They have a pathetic service history. There are threads which explains the problems faced with Indus Motors. I also have experienced this once. After that I started giving my car to small MASS who can be trusted.
Old 10th November 2008, 18:42   #53
TOR
BHPian

@fk7 - thank you-there are no plans to go for alloys in the near future(simply because of lack of time in choosing a particular design), also because i will have to change the existing XM1+ tyres to go for an increase in rim size.

15" is a very viable option and many members are running the same(in the swift rather than the dzire).

@Swifty2008 - thank you, Motor plaza is a few hundred yards from sreekariyam junction when going towards Kazakuttom.

will think of switching over to some other service center-but am scared to let smaller centers work on the DDiS engine and the Dzire.
Old 11th November 2008, 12:36   #54
BHPian

Quote:
@fk7 - thank you-there are no plans to go for alloys in the near future(simply because of lack of time in choosing a particular design), also because i will have to change the existing XM1+ tyres to go for an increase in rim size.

15" is a very viable option and many members are running the same(in the swift rather than the dzire).

@Swifty2008 - thank you, Motor plaza is a few hundred yards from sreekariyam junction when going towards Kazakuttom.

will think of switching over to some other service center-but am scared to let smaller centers work on the DDiS engine and the Dzire.
Tor, Did you go for extended warranty on your Dzire. If Yes, can you let me know what was the amount and for how many years. In Mumbai, they are quoting 12K for a 2 yr extended warranty and hence I am wondering whether to go for it or not.
Old 11th November 2008, 13:58   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Tor, Did you go for extended warranty on your Dzire. If Yes, can you let me know what was the amount and for how many years. In Mumbai, they are quoting 12K for a 2 yr extended warranty and hence I am wondering whether to go for it or not.
f1fan

They are quoting too much for the extended warranty! I did not pay more than 8K for my SX4 when taking delivery! Try asking around at a few other dealers about this! For the Swift Diesel 2 year extended warranty is about 5K.
Old 11th November 2008, 14:12   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
f1fan

They are quoting too much for the extended warranty! I did not pay more than 8K for my SX4 when taking delivery! Try asking around at a few other dealers about this! For the Swift Diesel 2 year extended warranty is about 5K.
That is exactly what I thought too. But they gave me the garbage talk about my car being Diesel and hence the warranty is exp. They told me that the extended Warranty for Dzire VXi is 11k and for Dzire VDi is 12K.
Can I buy the car at one dealer and get the extended warranty from some other dealer?
Kindly advise.
Old 11th November 2008, 14:48   #57
BHPian

Quote:
That is exactly what I thought too. But they gave me the garbage talk about my car being Diesel and hence the warranty is exp. They told me that the extended Warranty for Dzire VXi is 11k and for Dzire VDi is 12K.
Can I buy the car at one dealer and get the extended warranty from some other dealer?
Kindly advise.
yes it is possible,you can buy the car at one dealer and extended warranty can be taken from some other dealer.
the exact figure is 2600 for 1st yr and 2350 for the second yr.
which makes 4950 for 2yrs,also this can be taken till 2 months from the date of purchase.after that the prices of the extended warranty increases.
Old 11th November 2008, 16:03   #58
TOR
BHPian

I had availed extended warranty for two years and the cost of the same was 4.5K.

11K and 12K are daylight robbery!
Old 11th November 2008, 16:55   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I had availed extended warranty for two years and the cost of the same was 4.5K.

11K and 12K are daylight robbery!
Thanks Tor and Ankit.
Armed with your info, I called up the sales guy and following was his update:
Maruti does give a two year/40000 KM additional extended warranty for approx 5K (He withheld this info from me till I called him today). He only talked about the extended warranty provided by the dealer from where I am buying my car. He said that the dealer warranty covers everything including suspension which he says is not covered under MUL's extended warranty program and also told me that the dealer warranty is for 2 yrs irrespective of the Kms on the car.
What a con-artist. He never gave me all the details, just promoted the ones that he wanted to sell.
Thanks to you all for this info. I would go ahead with MUL's two year warranty. - A cool saving of 7K. Now I can think of replacement tires.cheers:

Talking of tires, had a quick question: I checked my car in the yard and they have MRF ZVT and not the JK Tornado ones that I have read a lot on this site.
Any idea on how good these tires are? Is a change to Michelins XM1+ required?
Old 11th November 2008, 19:04   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Talking of tires, had a quick question: I checked my car in the yard and they have MRF ZVT and not the JK Tornado ones that I have read a lot on this site.
Any idea on how good these tires are? Is a change to Michelins XM1+ required?

Is yours a vdi or a vxi variant.i think Vdi has JK and Vxi has MRF.I am running on JK.I Think you should go for a tyre change if highway travel is more.
yesterday i had taken the car on highway,and felt that the car is not that stable after 120km/hr.however between 80-100 km/hr it is ok

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks