Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2008, 23:18   #61
Senior - BHPian

Hey does anyone knows how much is tata claiming for the mileage? I forgot to check that out during the viewing.
Old 25th August 2008, 00:01   #62
Senior - BHPian

Very nice review from IAB. Everything except a real TD

Like the panel gap comparison. Question was and will remain ***.

Two things I sorely miss in vista:
a. I LOVED the V2's center clock. very readable. even for bikers like me who used to read indica clocks than own watch
b. I loved the V2 (circa 06)'s tachometers. This is almost ugly.

Does anyone else think that this v3 will soon sport a trip computer with all farkles?

Last edited by aah78 : 25th August 2008 at 22:50. Reason: Please limite smileys to 2/post.
Old 25th August 2008, 00:09   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Prices for Swift Dddis in New delhi - Ex Showroom
Ldi - 478016
Vdi - 513211
Vdi(ABS)- 532356

Indica - 488000

SidIndica, what kind of maths formulae did you use to arrive at the 80k price difference? Even the ABS model costs only 44k more.
Though SidIndica corrected it to 40~50K, he is also the mentioned the missing features.

[rear defogger/wash wipe
integrated 2 din stereo with 6 speakers, USB port and remote
huge length, width, wheelbase
parcel tray
driver seat height adjuster
tilt steering
5-speed variable intermittent front wiper
beige interiors etc..]

I have something to add
Better stock tyre,
Torque 190@1750 RPM better than Swift's 2000 RPM that reduced the turbo lag.
Old 25th August 2008, 00:32   #64
Senior - BHPian

Viva la Vista!!!

WOW!!! Vista just looks grrreat. Looks like it would be a serious competitior to not just Swift but all hatchbaks upward of 800 amd Alto. There sure is some resemblance to Chevy Spark but that's ok. Swift diesel would sure be under lot of pressure form Vista.

Now Vista and pretty soon Nano. Looks like Tata Motors' showrooms are going to be crowded places soon.
Old 25th August 2008, 00:40   #65
Senior - BHPian

The Indicas (Original, V2, et all) have been selling as much they have been because, in spite of the rough edges, they were a good VFM package - good mileage, does not bite the purse too much for a 3 ~ 5 year run and so on. It was also a spacious, sturdy car (it saved my life!!). I am sure the Vista has improved on all the positives of the old Indica, and has brought in a a lot of new virtues (and a few quirks, like the center dashboard that IMHO looks odd).

Any Indica owner who has appreciated something in the car will not hesitate to go for the Vista! and MSIL need not rush up Swift's production because anyone buying it for the Engine alone will now have a better option. I am not sure about the Vista's driving & handling characteristics, but if it is anywhere close to the Swift (I doubt), then Swift is as good as dead!
Old 25th August 2008, 11:02   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
MSIL need not rush up Swift's production because anyone buying it for the Engine alone will now have a better option. I am not sure about the Vista's driving & handling characteristics, but if it is anywhere close to the Swift (I doubt), then Swift is as good as dead!
Add to that, anyone who loves Swift diesel engine, but don't like the cramped space and waiting period, can go for this. If the rattle is less than Swift and handles like Swift, that is it. Some experts in feel and handling are going to post the comparisons soon I guess. Comfort is going to be of course better than Swift, better seating position and longer wheel base. And no car can be as bad as Swift in the rear seat throwing up in uneven roads and humps as the nose dives (people in rear seat complaining to the driver of rash driving while the front does not feel much).
Old 25th August 2008, 11:12   #67
BHPian

I got to preview the car on Saturday afternoon and my impressions are exactly like Sidindica.

Vista is big, less noisy in comparison to both Swift and Palio, and IMO a great value for money at the price, although while cranking, it shudders (albeit momentarily) more than the Swift DDiS.

I am hoping to lay hands on both TDI and QJT versions today. Will be finalising upon one of them soon.
Old 25th August 2008, 11:34   #68
BHPian

Hi guys!

Seen the new VISTA today at Prerena Lalbag road. I must say the VISTA Looks better and bigger with a better finish overall. But could have been better i must say. I also felt the the Bonnet shut Lines Could have been more neat. The beige interiors looks good, and feel good so are the seats.

Couldn't TD it today. But was assure a TD tomorrow.

As per the specs, the VISTA would be a better car to drive with the 75 ps and 190 nm of torque at barely 1750 rpm!. The tires were a let down & feel that a 15" tires would have been better. The VISTA's power steering is still hydraulic, that's good new. I personally feel that the Hydraulic feel better than the Electronic.

Waiting to get my hands on the VISTA for a Long TD.
Old 25th August 2008, 12:04   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

I WILL PHOTO GRAPH THE DEMO CAR TO ALL THE MINUTEST OF DETILS AND POST IT TOMORROW, ITS A PROMISE.WATCH THIS SPACE.
Thanks sidindica for the first hand review. We are still waiting for the photos and minutest details. The initial impressions seems to be good about the product.
Old 25th August 2008, 12:24   #70

Indica Vista pictures from launch

For those who can't get the Tata motors site to open here are some pictures from the lauch of the Vista...

About cars, bikes and everything nice : Tata Indica Vista launch pictures
Old 25th August 2008, 13:13   #71
Senior - BHPian

Saw the Indica Vista ad today. As with the previous Indica, it should continue to sell in good numbers. Only 2 observations:
1. Should Vista be identified as Windows Vista sucks.
2. The alloy wheel seem similar to the Corolla.
Old 25th August 2008, 13:33   #72
BHPian

I had been to the Tata showroom but they said the test ride vehicle wouldnt be ready until this (25th) evening.

I inspected the displayed vehicle and sat inside for to get the basic impression and 'feel'. I must say it doesnt feel like a Tata vehicle at all!

Quality and fit n finish look top notch (in my initial inspection). i loved the looks - both interior and exterior (incl. the centrally mounted console). Its slightly bigger than the current Indica V2, so interior space is superb (looks bigger than the Getz too).

The top end Quadrajet Aura i saw has features like height adjustable driver seat with lumbar support and intergrated stereo ("Alpine" thought the sales guy) apart from the usual defogger-rear wiper, power windows (buttons on door this time) and yadda-yadda. The missing features were ABS and Alloys but I dont think most of the buyers would be bothered with that (look at the number of non-ABS Swift VDI's on the road!). One feature in my opinion that would have been a notch better is the color of the two-tone interiors: I feel beige and black, a la i10, would have been sexier.

Quality wise its a huge jump ahead for Tata. I hope it doesnt start rattling after a few hundred kilometers, like Swift does.

The sales guy started the car for me and the silent diesel engine was amazing ( @ Fiat).

If the test drive (hopefully today evening) satisfies me, i am booking it this week (20000/- booking amount "as of now"). Since the torque figures look better than that of Swift DDIS and Palio MJD, I am sure driving the Vista Quadrajet would be piece of cake!
Old 25th August 2008, 14:00   #73
BHPian

Today morning I received a call from Autofin, they said test drive vehicle is available. I enquired about the price - the mid trim quadrajet is 5.17 OTR.
Eagerly waiting for the Indigo Vista CS now.
Old 25th August 2008, 14:26   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
I had been to the Tata showroom but they said the test ride vehicle wouldnt be ready until this (25th) evening.

I inspected the displayed vehicle and sat inside for to get the basic impression and 'feel'. I must say it doesnt feel like a Tata vehicle at all!

Quality and fit n finish look top notch (in my initial inspection). i loved the looks - both interior and exterior (incl. the centrally mounted console). Its slightly bigger than the current Indica V2, so interior space is superb (looks bigger than the Getz too).

The top end Quadrajet Aura i saw has features like height adjustable driver seat with lumbar support and intergrated stereo ("Alpine" thought the sales guy) apart from the usual defogger-rear wiper, power windows (buttons on door this time) and yadda-yadda. The missing features were ABS and Alloys but I dont think most of the buyers would be bothered with that (look at the number of non-ABS Swift VDI's on the road!). One feature in my opinion that would have been a notch better is the color of the two-tone interiors: I feel beige and black, a la i10, would have been sexier.

Quality wise its a huge jump ahead for Tata. I hope it doesnt start rattling after a few hundred kilometers, like Swift does.

The sales guy started the car for me and the silent diesel engine was amazing ( @ Fiat).

If the test drive (hopefully today evening) satisfies me, i am booking it this week (20000/- booking amount "as of now"). Since the torque figures look better than that of Swift DDIS and Palio MJD, I am sure driving the Vista Quadrajet would be piece of cake!
The sound system is by Delphi.
Old 25th August 2008, 14:28   #75
Team-BHP Support

Please be aware that several URLs have been banned from this site as their owners tried to push them unsolicited to the extent where it became a nuisance. At other times they even plagiarised from this board.

As such ANY member found to be posting such links by using ways to beat the system will have to face Mod Action. So guys please desist from doing anything that you can immediately make out is against the board's policies. This will be considered as willful violation of the rules.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks