Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 13:42   #961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
there is a small lever sticking out from under the IRVM right? Push it backward/Forward and the mirror moves correspondingly to toggle between modes.
With the lever pulled forward, you're in day mode, and with it pushed back, you are in night mode.
Sorry, i entered a bit late but just wanted to share some info. In the new Vista's the day night mirror is discontinued. I bought mine in july 2009 and it's not equipped with it. I almost fought with the sales guy for it but then checked all his Vista's in godown and to my surprise found that none had it.
Old 1st December 2009, 17:24   #962
Senior - BHPian

that is sad. You should still be able to get hold of a spare one via TASC, if you really need. Should cost about 500 or so
Old 1st December 2009, 18:58   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
Sorry, i entered a bit late but just wanted to share some info. In the new Vista's the day night mirror is discontinued. I bought mine in july 2009 and it's not equipped with it. I almost fought with the sales guy for it but then checked all his Vista's in godown and to my surprise found that none had it.
I beg to disagree, It is present in mine though model is Aura not sure about yours and It works exactly the way greenhorn explained earlier.
Old 1st December 2009, 19:27   #964
BHPian

Forgot to mention the purchase month, It is Nov 2009.
Old 2nd December 2009, 08:43   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdoll View Post
Forgot to mention the purchase month, It is Nov 2009.
Now that's a surprise for me. Even my model is QJD Aura . I will go back to TASC and check with them. Thanks for the info rajdoll.
Anyways can other Vista Aura owners confirm this ?
Old 27th March 2010, 03:15   #966
BHPian

Injectors

Hi,
Recently a friend of mine told me that the cost of an injector used in quadrajet engines is 50k, so for four cylinders, it will be 2 lacs.
Guys, could any one validate this thing about quadrajet(or for that matter common rail engines)?
And in what way, is Tdi different than quadrajet? Now, i know that quad has common rail technology and is much advanced than Tdi, and the process the fuel burns and combustion takes place is different in both the engines, but I would be glad if some one could explain the differences in a better/subtle way. And which technology, Tdi/quad is more reliable for the long run? And what is the basic operational difference between the two?
I will be glad if some one could answer my queries.

Regards.
Old 25th February 2011, 19:20   #967
Senior - BHPian

Re: The New Tata Indica Vista Thread

Tata Motors in a press release stated that soon the Indica, with the help of its in-house CRDI engine, will turn into India’s most fuel efficient car.
The CR4 technology,will be fitted on the Indica hatchback, which has been reintroduced in main cities alongside the TDI (turbo-diesel) variant.
Tata Motors says the DICOR engine leads to 32% increase in power, 65% increase in torque along with a 46% improvement on fuel efficiency.
The Indica CR4 will also carry subtle design updates.

Tata sold limited numbers of the Indica DICOR a few years ago and discontinued it due to unknown reasons. The DICOR technology in its BS4 compliant form is badged as “CR4″ on its Indigo range. Its Safari, Xenon and Sumo utility vehicles employ DICOR engines.
Tata hasn’t shown interest in packing the Multi-jet engine from Fiat on its Indica. This motor is instead used on the more recent Indica Vista and Indigo Manza models.
India’s most fuel efficient car is another Tata – the Nano that returns a lofty 23.6kmpl (according to ARAI tests). The Indica DICOR must be capable of 24+kmpl.

Press Release

New BS IV version of Tata Indica soon as India’s most fuel efficient car
Mumbai, February 25, 2011: Tata Motors today announced that the Tata Indica will soon become India’s most fuel efficient car with an all new, BS4 compliant, CR4 diesel engine. The car will also have a host of other exciting features.
The new engine packs in 32% increase in power, 65% increase in torque along with a 46% improvement on fuel efficiency. It revs up to 70 PS power @ 4000 RPM and delivers 140 Nm torque at 1800-3000 RPM. The car is now far more peppy, light, responsive and smart.
Besides, improved drivability, the new Tata Indica will offer fresh exterior and interior looks and class defining features.

Source : indianautosblog

Note : Mods , move this to proper thread !
Old 10th February 2012, 14:32   #968

I was and probably am a VISTA fan; the quality of ride on highway for this car is so good. Also - the space at the back for especially family like me with kids is a clincher.

However I still feel that I should have gone for Swift Diesel.

My experience:
All 4 power windows of my Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura stopped functioning within 2 years of buying the car. This itself has been a big let down for a new car (None of my friends who have bought new Swift/I10 or similar cars in this segment ever faced such issues!)

However the bigger challenge has been, even after letting the dealer know withing the service period, the dealer never replaced the part stating the lack of availability. This is across - Concorde/Tafe.

Now the vehicle is taken by Tafe and they have replaced the part. However for the last 15 days the car is lying with them and they are asking me to pay.

I love my car and paying up Rs. 6000 or 10,000 is not a big deal but I feel strongly in this case because my power windows failed much before the warranty period and all 4 failing is something that troubles me! There are the other nagging problems like the child lock will not function, the control of letting anyone else but the driver open the power windows not working from day 1.

The dealer is not giving my car back - unless I pay up. Mods: Any recourse that I have? My worry is that if I pay up then I will have no say whatsoever. Anyone can lead me to the right channel to have my voice heard? Tried calling customer care but they simply give me a complaint number and then the dealer CRM takes over.
Old 6th March 2013, 23:10   #969
BHPian

Hi TeamBhpians!!

I own a 2010 Vista Saffire Aura completed 18500 kms. To be frank this vehicle rocks when it comes to Space and Stability. But the fitments are a huge turn offs. Till date I have got the rubber bushes, 2 window switches, 1 window revinder, AC fan, Boot Door Balancers, spark plugs + cables changed. Donno what else in the offing. Dashboard sound crops up again and again.
I can live with these minor glitches only beacuse of the comfort this vehicle provides! Whats bothering me recently is the engine break down issue during bumper to bumber traffic. Not at all evident in Pune's traffic. Need to be in Mumbai to experience it. This is the 3rd time.
A) In bumper to bumper traffic jams you need to be in first gear and cosntantly press depress clutch and brakes. In this process the vehicle suddnly breaks down. The tachometer arrow strangely falls down to 0 :O .
B) Once the engine dies it takes atleast 45 sec to 1 minute to start. A huge time span for the road jams.
C) Also if by mistake I try to push the car in second gear just after crossing a speedbraker the engine makes a squeeky noise. ie worng gear engagement.
D) The clutch is geting harder day by day.
E) I happend to drive the vista D90 last week. Fabulous machine! I noticed that the power steering was too smooth. My Vista's steering is pretty hard. Is this the same for all older Vista's?

The TASC are cooperative but lack the expertise to solve these issues. I am banking on TeamBhp now!! Thank in Advance.
Old 7th March 2013, 11:10   #970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virajvroom View Post
B) Once the engine dies it takes atleast 45 sec to 1 minute to start. A huge time span for the road jams.
That's a sign of weak battery. Please get the battery checked and replaced if necessary.
Old 28th January 2016, 22:30   #971
BHPian

I own a 2009 Indica Vista Aura Safire. It has been over six years as of now and the car continues to surprise me (I dare not to say they are all pleasant surprises though )

Firstly the +ves

1. Space,
2. Comfort,
3. Fuel efficiency (I get 10+ in Mumbai traffic and 18+ on highways with 100% A.C on)
4. Zero rattles

Then the -ves

1. Highly unreliable,
2. Many key components such as cylinder head, hoses, radiator fan etc., failing,
3. Metallic parts such as radiator mounting bracket, seat hinges, hatch struts, door parts etc., rusting.
4. Inner handles on doors can be easily pulled out unintentionally while attempting to close the door.
5. Short life span (less than 3 years) of electrical fittings such as power window switches.

Despite all this, the car stays closer to our heart mainly due to emotional factors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks