Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2008, 16:19   #31
BHPian

@lambuhere1: It was the speedbreaker at the median gap near the container corporation exit gate! The pothole is right in the middle of the road. I had to come to the middle to avoid an alto which was taking a u-turn.
Old 29th August 2008, 16:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
To my surprise I found that the bottom of the entire running board is covered with a hard black plastic cover and it gets scraped and protects the running boards from any damage!cheers: Very thoughtful of Maruti to provide this!
These things are implemented by almost all the manufacturers and not only MSIL. How very thoughtful of car manufacturers
Old 29th August 2008, 17:17   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
These things are implemented by almost all the manufacturers and not only MSIL.
Well, this is a surprise! My SX4 does not have it and in the few cars that I have observed (ex: indica, santro), it isnt there!
Old 1st September 2008, 12:10   #34
BHPian

On Saturday, I visited the dealer for taking Extended Warranty. Cost me almost 5k for this! Also got Llumar AIR 75 front windscreen film installed! Have the same film on the SX4 and while driving to the dealer felt that the dashboard was getting really heated up when compared to the SX4 and hence decided on getting the sunfilm on an impulse!

On the other hand, while getting seat cover's the installer was not able to get the rear seat bottom cushion to lock into place! Whenever he tried locking one end into place, the other side simply springs up! Now I can lift the seat cushin with my hand! any idea what needs to be done here? Do I need to replace the plastic clips that lock the cushion in place?
Old 4th September 2008, 19:16   #35
BHPian

Mileage Update

I have managed to run only about 400 km before I tanked up the car. The fuel tank took in 20.84 litres before the autostop kicked in. This was for a distance of 371 km, which means a mileage of almost 18 km per litre!!! I was also driving the SX4 around for a couple of days and found that there is more body roll in the SX4 (due to the high ground clearance) than the Swift. The SX4 simply gobbles up the potholes in comparision.

However, the Swift has got more feel to it and brings a smile to my face whereas the SX4 simply goes about its job. Have to mention that the turbo kick feels awesome cheers: ...in comparision, sometimes the SX4's acceleration is just pedestrian like!
Old 4th September 2008, 20:13   #36
BHPian

Nice to Hear some good news about Swift (booked mine )... in the tough times caused due to the vista launch.
Old 16th September 2008, 15:12   #37
BHPian

Got Alloys

The Honda offer of 4 alloys for 10k was too enticing to resist! I found someone in office who had a City and wasnt interested in the upgrade and so decided to upgrade to alloys. I must say that the original Honda alloys do look good and have a good finish!

I got the alloys from Whitefield Honda in Bangalore. I must admit that this dealer is probably the worst off the Bangalore dealers. I was sold the center cap's and the chrome bolts separately and the charges were really on the higher side.

Unfortunately, I did not realise that the chrome bolts would not fit the Swift . Trying to get an accessory shop owner to check if someone wants these, at a lower price than the showroom.

Got the alloys fitted over the weekend. They have a very understated look but the car looks great!
Old 16th September 2008, 16:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The SX4 is really the car for such roads since the high GC would easily help it clear bad roads. I should be getting out of the habit of driving the way I used to drive the SX4 to avoid such scrapes!
GC is good in SX4 but hard suspensions spoils the party. It really confuses drive if you should jump into pot hole or not. GC says YES YES and Suspension say NO NO
Old 18th September 2008, 11:03   #39
BHPian

@rkbharat: in the deep craters that we have for roads in Bangalore, the GC is a godsend! There are cases where even though you slow down, the underbody grazes the road. So in SX4 I dont care about where the car is pointed and simply drive whereas in the Swift, I need to turn the car towards a better patch which is not so deep!
Old 19th September 2008, 13:15   #40
BHPian

rajdeep, please post the pics of ur car with the new alloys.
Old 19th September 2008, 14:18   #41
BANNED

You mean you put the Honda alloys on your swift, what size?
Old 19th September 2008, 14:53   #42
BHPian

Would love to see those Honda frills on a Swift. Pics please?
Old 19th September 2008, 16:52   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Honda offer of 4 alloys for 10k was too enticing to resist! I found someone in office who had a City and wasnt interested in the upgrade and so decided to upgrade to alloys. I must say that the original Honda alloys do look good and have a good finish!
Awesome!! Now we need pics of your Suzie dancing with Honda shoes
Old 19th September 2008, 16:59   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Awesome!! Now we need pics of your Suzie dancing with Honda shoes
I thought there was only 1 suzie, specifically Snowflake Suzie. This seems to suggest everyone of those girls called Swift is a suzie and I'm sure that's not the case s0uljah? What say?
Old 19th September 2008, 17:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar View Post
I thought there was only 1 suzie, specifically Snowflake Suzie. This seems to suggest everyone of those girls called Swift is a suzie and I'm sure that's not the case s0uljah? What say?
Suzie for Suzuki!! So it can be Snowhite Suzie which is Jaggu's car.

(Incidentally I only found out about that name much after I got my car so no plagiarism there!)

It dates back to my days when I had the Zen. So its generic to be used by one and all!

Snowflake is mine

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks