Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2008, 17:25   #46
BHPian

Hi Guys

I will get the snaps of the alloys soon! Just back from a 600 km drive in the SX4. The car was absolutely stable at 150 kmph on the Bangalore-Hyderabad highway. In fact, I didnt realise how fast we were travelling till I looked at the speedo and only then did I back off! However, as the traffic became more, we were really struggling to keep pace. After driving the Swift, SX4 was feeling very weak while accelerating on the highway and pulling of overtaking moves needed a lot of planning!

Driving a petrol after driving a modern diesel is really really difficult!
Old 23rd September 2008, 08:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
After driving the Swift, SX4 was feeling very weak while accelerating on the highway and pulling of overtaking moves needed a lot of planning!

Driving a petrol after driving a modern diesel is really really difficult!
Thats an interesting ownership experience

I miss the revs of a Petrol though.. not that Im complaining about my DDiS !!
Old 27th October 2008, 11:06   #48
BHPian

Alloys

As soon as Honda announced the alloys offer, I found a colleague in officewho had a Honda City and was not interested in upgrading! Went to the dealership in his car and purchased the alloys. Later, during that weekend, I went to Madhu's and got the alloys fitted.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally, My Swift has arrived!-honda_alloy.jpg  

Finally, My Swift has arrived!-alloy_fixed.jpg  

Finally, My Swift has arrived!-alloy_fixed_noflash.jpg  

Finally, My Swift has arrived!-threefourthshot.jpg  

Finally, My Swift has arrived!-threefourthshot_noflash.jpg  

Old 27th October 2008, 11:39   #49
BHPian

First Service & ICE

First Service

I later had to take the car for First Service. The service personnel at Mandovi were quite ok and I was also pleasantly surprised when the salesman who sold me the car saw mw and came to the service station just to greet me!

The service was fine and the bill came to 700 odd rupees for 2.9 liltres of Mobil Engine Oil and about 10 rupees for the rear seat cushion clips which were damaged when I got the seat covers fitted! The cleaning was not perfect and I had to request the service advisor who immediately got the task done! However, during the water wash, they let the water dry up over the windshield and the water spots are there till date! I have tried cleaning the windshield with various glass cleaners and even with Easy-off Bang! Easy Off Bang was the most effective, though there are slight marks on the windshield even now! This does affect the night visibility very badly!

ICE

I later went to EVO and got the ICE fitted. I had the HU and a pair of GTO937's from my zen which I wanted to reuse here. I bought a pair of GTO 608c speakers for the front doors. The install was done quite nicely with some padding using foam to reduce the vibrations. However, the installer did splice some wires for the speaker connections,for which Satya promptly intervened to get it rectified!

The Tweeter Install in the front door:
Finally, My Swift has arrived!-component_tweeter.jpg

The front door after the installation:
Finally, My Swift has arrived!-frontdoorinstall.jpg

The GTO 937's:
Finally, My Swift has arrived!-gto937.jpg

The removeable rear parcel tray:
Finally, My Swift has arrived!-rearparceltray.jpg

More Shots of the rear speakers:
Finally, My Swift has arrived!-sideshotgto937.jpg

The stereo:
Finally, My Swift has arrived!-stereo.jpg
Finally, My Swift has arrived!-stereofar.jpg
Finally, My Swift has arrived!-stereofarzoom.jpg

The car has run only 1600 km till now and am still waiting for the second tank fillup! I last got a mileage of 15 kmpl which was somewhat because of running with the tires inflated to only 28 psi after I got the alloys fitted!
Old 27th October 2008, 12:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I feel that those City ZX alloys look out of place on a swift.
Old 27th October 2008, 12:23   #51
BHPian

Is the pcd and offset same for honda city and swift??
Old 27th October 2008, 13:59   #52
BHPian

i somehow like the look of the alloys. more than decent for me!!
Old 27th October 2008, 14:22   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Somehow I feel that those City ZX alloys look out of place on a swift.
I really like the City ZX alloys, they look nice on your car as well. But you should consider getting rid of the 'H' logo in the centre, you can get like a 'S' sticker printed for the same. Looks nice otherwise..

What is the Llumar film for the windscreen - is it completely transparent or is it slightly darker than normal? How much did it set you back by?

Last edited by anantnehru : 27th October 2008 at 14:24.
Old 27th October 2008, 14:42   #54
BHPian

Nice choice of colour, lovely choice of wheels too. Would like to have your feedback on Petrol versus diesel. First impression has been covered by you initially wherein the NVH details were discussed alongwith the Turbo details. However since you have covered many more miles since then and have the option of driving bot the fuel types, it would be interesting to learn about your take on this topic.
Old 27th October 2008, 23:31   #55
BHPian

@akshay: I think these alloys look good except for that H in the center and are much stronger to withstand the so called roads we have when compared to after-market alloys.

@white_vdi: Thanks!

@ananthnehru: I too dont like the H, but have no idea where I can get the S printed! Also, the H is not visible once you start moving. The Llumar sunfilm is slightly dark, though you will not be able to notice it once applied. It lets in 74% of visible light. If you get it installed outside of the dealership, it will cost you around 3k. At the dealership, it cost me almost 5k, but the installation was really neat and they mentioned a 3 yr warranty against peeling/bubbling of the sunfilm.

@Suren: I will try to mention aspects of petrol Vs diesel but I am sure that it will be skewed because I can only compare between the SX4 which is a couple of segments higher and the Swift.

Last edited by mtnrajdeep : 27th October 2008 at 23:33.
Old 28th October 2008, 09:27   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@akshay: I think these alloys look good except for that H in the center and are much stronger to withstand the so called roads we have when compared to after-market alloys.
Yes the H logo is the only sore thing.
you can get a custom made S logo at any shop that do number plates for cars.
Old 9th March 2009, 15:57   #57
BHPian

5000 km/Second service update

Time for the second service update!
The six month timeperiod was up and I had to get the car for second service. Took the car to the Service Station at 9:00 AM sharp and booked it for express service.

There were no complaints that I had except for the rear brake squeal on braking. I also requested them to show me the underbody once the car was lifted and do a touch up for the underbody antirust coating which I managed to scrape off when climbing over the mountain of a speed breaker whose height was recently increased near ITPL! Also, got a small paint touch up done for the scratch on the bumper/fender. This happened when a paper delivery boy tried to squeeze his bike through a small gap between my car and bike in my apartment building! So, the service was superfast and I got the car back by 12:30 PM.

I also recently got the Stebel Nautilus horns fitted with and additional changeover switch which allows me to use the regular horn in the city. In order that there was no wire cutting involved, the horn was fixed in parallel to the existing horns. With the switch in the ON position, all the 4 horns (Company provided regular horn and the 2 horns in the Stebel Nautilus) will work. With the switch in OFF position, only the company provided horns will work. As an additional precaution, I also got a fuse fixed in the horn circuit so that any malfunctions are immediately isolated from the main wiring of the car. The horn sits right behind the original horn inside the front bumper.

Overall, its been a great experience till now with the overall mileage averaging about 17+kmpl in the city. On the highways, I was able to get almost 20kmpl with 100% AC). I feel more comfortable in the swift on the highways when compared to the SX4 but this may be because of the diesel engine. The turbo rush is something that needs to be experienced and is the best characteristic of the car. There are a few rattles/squeaks from the front of the car but only when driven on a very rough road. Apart from this the car performs excellently and there are no issues at all!
Old 9th March 2009, 16:23   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Overall, its been a great experience till now with the overall mileage averaging about 17+kmpl in the city. On the highways, I was able to get almost 20kmpl with 100% AC). I feel more comfortable in the swift on the highways when compared to the SX4 but this may be because of the diesel engine. The turbo rush is something that needs to be experienced and is the best characteristic of the car. There are a few rattles/squeaks from the front of the car but only when driven on a very rough road. Apart from this the car performs excellently and there are no issues at all!
Great to know that you're getting fantastic FE and also enjoying your drive on the highways.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Thanks

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th March 2009 at 17:36.
Old 17th March 2009, 15:40   #59
BHPian

Stebel Nautilus...

Quote:
I also recently got the Stebel Nautilus horns fitted with and additional changeover switch which allows me to use the regular horn in the city. I also got a fuse fixed in the horn circuit so that any malfunctions are immediately isolated from the main wiring of the car. The horn sits right behind the original horn inside the front bumper.
How much did this "stebel nautilus" cost you and also where can we get the same in south of bangalore ?
Old 19th March 2009, 14:25   #60
Senior - BHPian

mtnrajdeep,though late but congrats on your swift, good review shared by you, alloys looks cool but get that H logo covered with S instead which would look more cool.Stebel Nautilus horns as you said,can you share how much did u paid and where did you got them from?Keep updating and have a safe ride.CHEERS!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks