Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2008, 12:52   #61
BHPian

Moderators Please add this to heading " Safari 3000 K Update"

The Tata Safari is BIG, no doubt about that. It is also the best-looking Indian SUV. My most of the drives in this new avatar is through the congested roads of Narayna I Delhi. The car moved like a tame beast in 1st and 2nd gears. Maneuvering this beast is quite easy. The engine practically purrs like a big cat. The seats of the Safari are the best in comfort, making it a luxurious ride. The arm rest adds to driving comfort. The driver's seat is height adjustable, and finding a good driving position is pretty easy.

The best thing about the car is its steadiness even at a speed of 150km/hr, which it reached with so much ease, it felt like 80km/hr. It remained consistent throughout from 30km to 150km/hr, showing no signs of any stress at all. In fact it felt like the engine was telling me 'I can do more, just say when.' But I resisted the urge and kept it under control. It took the bad stretches of the road very well, specially the front. The independent double wishbone torsion bar took on the sudden sharp humps and jolts on the road with great ease, which made me feel that maybe it's the other cars that I drive which are a problem, not the roads.

Safari is just different in my feelings. It has to be bought with a dream and with a passion wherein it fulfills all your needs quite well.

On technical side: 1st service was nothing more than a wash and change of oil which I insisted. Upgraded my Headlight Bulbs to Phillips Xtreme power 80%+ and it surly made a huge difference.

My car has from day one returned me a wonderful average of 13.5 on a mix drive of city and expressway to gurgaon.

Despite reading about a lot of issues all over the forum I am yet to find any of those issues with my car and hope to god that I never face them. Time flies so quickly as I had got the delivery on 14 Aug and today I completed 3000K without a single trip out of Delhi.

I once again thank Team BHP to get to my decision to buy this beast.cheers:

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags. Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.

Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support Staff

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th September 2008 at 12:55. Reason: Font tags
Old 2nd October 2008, 12:49   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom77 View Post
As for sunfilms, I found garware to be of value for money and total cost was approx 6.5k for sides (4.5k and cuts approx 40%) + front wind shield (2k-cuts heat by 50%).
Hi Vroom77,

are you using them, because i had these on my previous car and i found them of no use. Anyway thanks for your suggestion i got V-kool done though it costed me 23K but then i am loving it , anyway the real worth would be known only next year as the summer is almost over this year.
Old 4th October 2008, 22:26   #63
BHPian

Hi Guys,

just wanted your suggestion on the electric car polishers, are they any good and if yes which brand to go for and where .
Thanks in anticipation.
Old 5th October 2008, 21:48   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hands-on View Post
Hi Vroom77,

are you using them, because i had these on my previous car and i found them of no use. Anyway thanks for your suggestion i got V-kool done though it costed me 23K but then i am loving it , anyway the real worth would be known only next year as the summer is almost over this year.
Yes, I am using garware and found it to be good VFM. I could feel a good difference in the overall heat rejection before and after. But then it could be just my perspective. As you would have used both garware and v-kool your view could be right.
Old 18th October 2008, 19:24   #65
BHPian

4000 Km update

I completed my 4000 KM without much of trouble.

The only issue i faced was that my AC stopped working on my trip and i was worried as the nearest service station was very far away and i started on my own to diagnose the trouble. AS the blower was working fine i tried to switch on the AC couple of times and realised that there was a increase of rpm and that gave me a respite that atleast my compressor is working and post that it was simple i started looking for the condenser blower fuse and found it and to my delight and unhappiness it was blown it is a 25Amp fuse in fuse box in the engine compartment , luckily they had provided a spare and i replaced the same and bingo the AC was back to life.

To the best of my understanding fuses don't go just like that any idea what could be the trouble ?
Old 19th October 2008, 11:19   #66
BHPian

I too faced this issue when I happened to be in the vicinity of my TASS. Once fuse was replaced the problem was solved. I think someone else too faced this issue. Later i tried to get an additional fuse from the TASS but it seems they have only 30A. Collected the same as a precaution.
Old 23rd October 2008, 20:57   #67
BHPian

Same thing happened to me last week on the way back from tvm and got it checked at a TASS. They replaced it for me. Issues like this which gives a feeling of lack of testing for reliability and poor quality control measures. It never happened to me on my Ikon which I have been using for the past 5 years.
Old 1st January 2009, 22:58   #68
BHPian

Hi,
Can anyone help me with Fog lamps for my bull. Which are the good brands and their cost if possible. I am not willing to spend too much on these.

Looking forward to your help.
Old 3rd January 2009, 19:55   #69
BHPian

Hey safari owners please help

Quote:
Hi,
Can anyone help me with Fog lamps for my bull. Which are the good brands and their cost if possible. I am not willing to spend too much on these.

Looking forward to your help.
Guys need your advise. I am looking to install them in the slots provided in the bumper.
Old 5th January 2009, 11:46   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I completed my 4000 KM without much of trouble.

The only issue i faced was that my AC stopped working on my trip and i was worried as the nearest service station was very far away and i started on my own to diagnose the trouble. AS the blower was working fine i tried to switch on the AC couple of times and realised that there was a increase of rpm and that gave me a respite that atleast my compressor is working and post that it was simple i started looking for the condenser blower fuse and found it and to my delight and unhappiness it was blown it is a 25Amp fuse in fuse box in the engine compartment , luckily they had provided a spare and i replaced the same and bingo the AC was back to life.

To the best of my understanding fuses don't go just like that any idea what could be the trouble ?
Its a design fault. Get a 30A fuse. TASC fitted 30A fuse in my safari after the fuse went bust.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks