Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2008, 10:03   #46
BHPian

Thanks for the comforting view S0uljah, As I had mentioned in my previous post I am not losing any sleep on the mileage front as I am still saving over Rs. 1000 every time I fill diesel when compared to the Swift and definitely the Getz Diesel has got more Bhp and torque then the petrol Swift so I still win
Old 11th September 2008, 10:03   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
. You should see Bangalore city traffic where one has to be on 1st and 2nd gear all the time
I know Bangalore traffic could be pain in terms of driving a CRDi. Don't compare it with the roads i'm driving on..My cousin's Getz is mostly driven in delhi traffic and gives 14-16kmpl. The engine is very sensitive to fuel quality so try different bunks.
With time(kms) the engine will become smooth and FE should improve.
Old 11th September 2008, 10:23   #48
Senior - BHPian

Anarchist, I wasnt implying your loosing sleep, I could judge your enthusiasm from the prior post itself

In fact I was beginning to go down that FE nightmare path because it had dropped after 1st service which is contrary to the norm.

Also discuss with KP the best tyre pressures I feel one needs to experiment and stick with personal comfort rather than company specs.

I have run :
28F / 28B
32F / 30R
30F / 28R

The 28 all around did hit the mileage to a noticeable extent.
Old 11th September 2008, 10:30   #49
BHPian

I run 195/55/R15 and a couple a days back I got my tyre pressure to 32. Do you suggest I reduce this to 28 all around given my wheel and tyre size.
Old 11th September 2008, 10:32   #50
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the hottest hatch around. As suggested by headers, please do idle the car before & after the drive.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 11th September 2008 at 10:38.
Old 11th September 2008, 15:43   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
I run 195/55/R15 and a couple a days back I got my tyre pressure to 32. Do you suggest I reduce this to 28 all around given my wheel and tyre size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Congrats on the hottest hatch around. As suggested by headers, please do idle the car before & after the drive.
Thats a very valid point put forth by John... again this has some bearing on FE but then it will ensure the longevity of your turbo

Regarding tyre pressure please consult the guru's. Discuss with Prajesh on what he uses. 28 all around might not be a good idea.

WRT Swift DDiS we maintain slightly higher up front due to the engine weight. This might not be a healthy practice but it makes a great drive and handling. Maybe you can alter tyre pressure at every refuel and judge the change in ride quality/handling and fe this way
Old 11th September 2008, 17:06   #52
Senior - BHPian

Anarchist.
My Getz is running on 14" wheels and i maintain 32psi (Front) and 30psi(rear).
Try the same and check out. Don't put anything less than 30psi.
Old 11th September 2008, 17:06   #53
BHPian

nice car. Hope u are enjoying it to the brim after the new wheels..

Just a thought.. did you know that there is a better version of mud flaps for Getz ? the current mud flaps does not look so good on your car.

I have it like the one in this post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/714069-post20.html
Old 11th September 2008, 17:16   #54
BHPian

Thanks Kpzen of KPgetz shd I say . I am keeping 32 on all wheels. When I got the Tyre pressure checked, it showed 45 on all wheels, man the guy who fit my wheels messed up fillin the air, glad the tyres didnt burst...
Old 11th September 2008, 17:55   #55
BHPian

Hmm Yeh K a s h, I did complain to them to give me those harder mud guards but I was told they were out of stock or something instead of the flimsy ones I've got on my car. Planning to get them replaced when I go for the first service.
Old 15th September 2008, 03:44   #56
Senior - BHPian

I am used to hearing petrolheads-converted-to-diesel complain about low mileage. That is only because you need to upshift sooner than you would on a Petrol - I guess you would learn the trick, won't take much time to!!
Old 15th September 2008, 13:39   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
The engine is very sensitive to fuel quality so try different bunks.
Dont you think one should stick to the same bunk if one's car is sensitive to the quality of Fuel? Trying different bunks would only increase the blockage in the filters as no two bunks have the same purity of fuel, IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Though IV almost always driven at BOOST. And with A/C which means I enjoy my drives. Rather than scrounging and staying below 2k to milk a few more KMPL.
You get max mileage at the turbo boost and at the peak of your engine's torque curve. One would not get more just because he does not let the turbo on boost!
Old 18th February 2009, 13:45   #58
BHPian

Second Service + Pete's Update

MOD'S PLEASE UPDATE THE THREAD TITLE to "Getz CRDi- Impressions post 2nd Service & Pete's"
hi got the second service for my Getz done at 9000 Km covered in exactly 6 months.

Service was done pretty bad at Advaith SC on Outer ring road, so I got them take the car back and sort out all the issues that I had pointed out and a few more too.

The car was given back to me with the issues sorted out and was very satisfied with the way my car moved post this 2nd or the 2nd service.

The issues resolved were
1. Front Bumper realignment and head light setting - sorted out
2. Dashboard noise - done but still a small sound comes up on bad roads
3. Mileage and tuning check - Looks like mileage has improved by 2 kmpl will need to do the empty to empty check
4. Fuel filter light - this never came up if I remember right for the first 6 months the second time they told me this light comes on and goes off after 5 seconds and this is normal, other Getz users pls confirm if this is the same with you too.
5. Air con check - done its back to its original performance now
6. red color patchup on minor scratches - done

Other things done as part of the 2nd service were
1. Oil Supplement 377.77
2. Engine Oil 1012.85
3. Filter cartridge 1309.5
4. Service oil Filter 307.27
5. WU Rapid windscreen cleaner 88.88
6. Sticker WHL. WTS???? 222.69

7. Consumables 100
8. Antirust treatment 2800
9. Wheel Balancing 220
10. Wheel Alignment 275

Total including VAT 7843

Next thing got an used Pete's from Harikumar which was on sale in the Classified's section. He was kind enough to come to my office and install the box and give me all the required info on installing and removing it when I give the car for service the next time round

Next planned is a Green filter stock replacement or K&N do not know which one is better - any suggestions.
And tyre upgrades to 205/50/15 which again is a deal I got on the TBHP Classifieds

Performance post Pete's:
1. The car feels a lot smoother, is takes our Banglore humungous speed breakers in the second gear.
2. The turbo lag is reduced significantly but not eliminated as claimed by Hari
3. Have not tried high speed runs to check on the top speed and approx 0-100 sprints will do so soon.
4. I felt the car getting or moving faster than before, not sure its my perception or the car is really moving better.

Though I've felt the above changes, can anybody give me some gyaan on how do I make out if the car performane has really improved. Is there data as to whats the Getz/Verna CRDi performance at various gears with and without Pete's to check if the same holds good on my car too???

Last edited by anarchist : 18th February 2009 at 13:48.
Old 18th February 2009, 17:25   #59
BHPian

anarchist post some better pics of the car mate.
talk with kpzen. he has the same combo (crdi + petes). he will clear your doubts.
Old 18th February 2009, 20:16   #60
BHPian

I am a newbie here. My Getz CRDi 30000 kms paid service was done last week. I was told by Trident Hyundai people that once we do the engine oil flush then the Engine oil will look in original color other wise even just after service the Oil will look black.

I am shocked when I did the service with flush. I still see the old black color. Can anyone advice me whether this is normal in CRDi engines? But the service advisor tried convincing me that the viscosity of the oil is good now.

Please advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks