Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2008, 13:58   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik
I always wanted to ask if Vista has rear defoggers and wipers? My swift does not have it. Dont ask me why.
Maybe because there is no ZDi equivalent of the Zxi. The Zxi has rear defogger & wiper.
Old 2nd September 2008, 15:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Maybe because there is no ZDi equivalent of the Zxi. The Zxi has rear defogger & wiper.
actually its because skimpy maruti, wanted to cut short all little things to make the swift available for that price. shame on them

i am thankful that my swift vdi has door handles.
Old 2nd September 2008, 15:33   #63
BHPian

I agree

The same way Hyundai did it with Getz CRDI. I got so irritated to see that the car which costs above 6 lacs does not have rear wiper, I dint even took the test drive after knowing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
actually its because skimpy maruti, wanted to cut short all little things to make the swift available for that price. shame on them

i am thankful that my swift vdi has door handles.
Old 2nd September 2008, 16:50   #64
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quadrajet Diesel - claim is 22kmpl
reality will be around 16-18 (Highways) with AC i believe and City usage will return about 14 ish given our start stop traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Shankar, are you aware of the expected FE figures of the TDi option vis-a-vis the Quadrajet option?
Also, has anyone test driven the petrol vista? Any comments? I think Tata has chosen the Fiat Safire engine over it's own petrol engine.
I think we have a very interesting & informative thread going here. Thanks guys.
Old 2nd September 2008, 17:11   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
shankar.balan : reality will be around 16-18 (Highways) with AC i believe and City usage will return about 14 ish given our start stop traffic
I've got better figures than that, on our Indigo Marina TC (not even TDi), as seen over the last 3.5+ years.
Old 2nd September 2008, 17:22   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Quadrajet Diesel - claim is 22kmpl
reality will be around 16-18 (Highways) with AC i believe and City usage will return about 14 ish given our start stop traffic
Yeah. That is what is reported in Autocar India as well. That might be correct. They have also mentioned that Vista is slower in 0-100 because of less power to weight ratio (less than Swift and old Indica DICOR), but in gear acceleration is good (because of gear ratios). Since gear ratio has made for quick acceleration, it affects the highway performance and thus less top speed. So, highway mileage should be comparable to Swift if driven comparatively 10 or 15 Kmph slower than the Swift. But that makes almost to 65 to 75 Kmph, which is too slow for highway drive (again all theoretical, forgive me).
Old 3rd September 2008, 07:03   #67
BANNED

and there is absolutely no doubt about the gearing. Vista has little or NO Turbo Lag in second, it is pretty powerful in third and the gears are far smoother that the V2 DLG Turbo.
My dad feels the same. Where in the V2 one has to literally come to a dead halt and shift to first gear while even taking a speed breaker OR when driving in deep traffic, one doesnt need to do the same in the VISTA.
However, both versions/cars ie; V2 as well as VISTA have a common fault as phamilyman has reported earlier - the almost complete lack of UNDER THIGH Support on the seats - that is a PAIN. My dad has been complaining about this quite a bit as he is a tall man and has driven the V2 long distances while I havent. But on the few occasions I ve sat in the car for longer periods in city traffic, either as a driver OR as a passenger, I have found this to be irritating.
Somehow I dont understand why Tatas cannot get better seat designs into their cars! Otherwise - no problems with VISTA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Yeah. That is what is reported in Autocar India as well. That might be correct. They have also mentioned that Vista is slower in 0-100 because of less power to weight ratio (less than Swift and old Indica DICOR), but in gear acceleration is good (because of gear ratios). Since gear ratio has made for quick acceleration, it affects the highway performance and thus less top speed. So, highway mileage should be comparable to Swift if driven comparatively 10 or 15 Kmph slower than the Swift. But that makes almost to 65 to 75 Kmph, which is too slow for highway drive (again all theoretical, forgive me).
Old 3rd September 2008, 12:13   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
However, both versions/cars ie; V2 as well as VISTA have a common fault as phamilyman has reported earlier - the almost complete lack of UNDER THIGH Support on the seats - that is a PAIN.
Oh dear. I was rather hoping that VISTA would rectify it. In my experience, it is rather worse as a passenger since at least as a driver,you move your legs around a bit more and place them in different positions.
In the rear, there is space, yes, as we all know. But it was never comfortable.
These are small things and I can't understand, for the world of me, why these things don't get taken care of.
Old 3rd September 2008, 12:17   #69
BANNED

the car itself is considerably wider and bigger than the older version v2 dlg etc
but the seats themselves - the portion where one sits, are lacking in under thigh support. My dad specifically mentioned this yesterday when we were driving around in the V2 DLG - he said same problem in the VISTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Oh dear. I was rather hoping that VISTA would rectify it. In my experience, it is rather worse as a passenger since at least as a driver,you move your legs around a bit more and place them in different positions.
In the rear, there is space, yes, as we all know. But it was never comfortable.
These are small things and I can't understand, for the world of me, why these things don't get taken care of.
Old 3rd September 2008, 12:44   #70
BHPian

i didnt really notice it in my TD...will have to check it out when I am taking the delivery. but i am not worried because the seats felt more comfortable than in my old V2. i guess the lumbar support and height adjustment mitigated any discomfort.
Old 4th September 2008, 09:54   #71
BHPian

After having some soft corner for the Indiva Vista to be good, I went to Concorde Motors on Vinayaka Chaturthi, when there was no rush, no one in fact. People have already mentioned all the positive sides of it. And I had to face some very negative things which look beyond coincidence to me.

Stepped inside one car. I tried to start. It didn't start. Three or four tries. No start. The sales guy tried to start a few times. Then the battery was crying for pity. Then he brought another car. My friend went in and drove for about half a kilometer. Not so impressed with the power (he just came back from a long drive in his cousin's Indica V2 DLS, otherwise Ikon owner), he stopped and asked me to drive. I got down, but he wouldn't. Then I tried to open his door and it wouldn't open. Phew!! It got jammed. All our efforts went in vain. He got down from the co-passenger side and I went in the same way. Drove it. I cannot say it is really different from Swift, in refinement or pull. But that I also drove for very short distance as the sales guys didn't want me to take a longer test drive on official holiday (excuse I accepted). What disappointed me was the failure to start, door getting jammed. I also saw that the plastic in one corner between the front wind shield and bonnet was loose. I checked on the other side and then only I came to know that the screw had fallen off. I also picked up one screw from the mat on the driver side. So, I'm still afraid that Vista will repeat V2 in quality except for the stronger chasis and engine.

People have commented a thud sound in door closing and all that. I tried with boot door and side doors. It is far cry from a satisfying thud that we would hear in Palio.

Last edited by opendro : 4th September 2008 at 09:57.
Old 4th September 2008, 19:51   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
No test drive Swift diesel vehicles in Bangalore Maruti dealers. Does that reduce the sales of Swift diesel? Yeah, right. That attitude was bad, but any sort of conclusion on sale is inappropriate. I'm more positive that people will buy Vista for the sheer space and now a good engine. Yes, I agree, team bhpians will search for more reasons to select a car. But we are just a few of the buyers.
Bimal offered me Swift Vxi to test drive when i asked for Vdi. i was told, "It is same car sir, only engine is diesel" " Please test drive the New Zen estillo it is the best vehicle"
Old 4th September 2008, 21:08   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Bimal offered me Swift Vxi to test drive when i asked for Vdi. i was told, "It is same car sir, only engine is diesel" " Please test drive the New Zen estillo it is the best vehicle"
ROFL...

The most annoying thing is when they patronize and talk down to you like you are idiot with no common sense. It would have been even much better if they give a straight answer like we don't have VDi in stock or we don't have a test vehicle. That would tell the customer that the dealer sucks, but giving an answer like 'try petrol, its the same engine onleee' will tell the customer that not only does the dealer suck but he thinks of the customer as a gullible moron.
Old 4th September 2008, 21:29   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear
Similar incident with Concorde. Had been to view the Vista, with a friend, last Friday (first impressions are very positive). Said friend has since been pestering them for a test drive. Initially, was promised that the demo car will arrive on Tuesday, then on Thursday. Today (Thursday) when he called up he was told that it would take a couple of days. The Concorde salesman then went on a sales pitch - "Everyone is booking the car. Why don't you go ahead and book the car too? You can take the test drive later on!!". Ofcourse no refund if he does not like the car then!
However, i guess this is what happens when dealerships do not pay well and do not employ people who really know their cars. I would be surprised if the salesman have been given any training other than being asked to go through the sales brochures.
Old 4th September 2008, 22:09   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post

you should have slapped him right there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks