Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2008, 14:36   #76
BHPian

After reading so much about vista I went to A One motors in Mathura Road for a test drive salesman was sitting on a chair and did not know the difference between various trims. Finally got up to help we a test drive was informed that car has some snag and no test drive is possible was asked to come some other time . WOW for a new car
Old 5th September 2008, 15:07   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit27 View Post
After reading so much about vista I went to A One motors in Mathura Road for a test drive salesman was sitting on a chair and did not know the difference between various trims. Finally got up to help we a test drive was informed that car has some snag and no test drive is possible was asked to come some other time . WOW for a new car
This is what needs to change. Some dealers work REALLY like govt. staffs

This is certainly not expected for a newly launched car. But, what to do. Companies should choose the dealers well.
Old 5th September 2008, 15:25   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit27 View Post
Lets see from the dealer point of view. Wheneer a new car is released, everybody wants to test drive the vehicle. If you ask me, the test drives are given only to the prospective buyers and not to every tom, dic and harry. Most probably, the dealers does not want to spoil the vehicle as in every test drives, there certainly will be some part of abuse to the vehicle and they may not want to do this and maybe they want to save on the repairs / diesel/petrol costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
This is what needs to change. Some dealers work REALLY like govt. staffs

This is certainly not expected for a newly launched car. But, what to do. Companies should choose the dealers well.
Dude, read my above lines and you understand.
Old 5th September 2008, 15:31   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
If you ask me, the test drives are given only to the prospective buyers and not to every tom, dic and harry.
How do you identify if someone is a prospective buyer OR a Tom who has no work & just going around car showrooms test driving new cars??
Old 5th September 2008, 15:33   #80
BHPian

Test Drive Vehicle / It's Maintenance, is a part of the Marketing cost that the manufacturer needs to factor while budgetting. All these costs definitely add-up to the final Price.

It is very difficult to differentiate between a prospect and the actual buyer.
Old 5th September 2008, 15:41   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
How do you identify if someone is a prospective buyer OR a Tom who has no work & just going around car showrooms test driving new cars??
Attitude and the way they present themselves to the salesguy asking about the car.
Old 5th September 2008, 15:59   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attitude and the way they present themselves to the salesguy asking about the car.
So you wanna say Amit had a wrong attitude and way of presentation that he was denied a drive

IMO its the attitude of the dealer which needs to be corrected. There is nothing called as a Prospective buyer because some people like to buy just by seeing the looks, some like to test drive and then buy and some just come to check the car after they hear of the release without any intention of buying.
Now its the dealers opportunity to turn those people into buyers by his attitude and hospitality because he is selling the product not the people who have came for the drive.
Sadly not many dealers take that opportunity by both hands
Old 5th September 2008, 16:04   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
IMO its the attitude of the dealer which needs to be corrected.
Now its the dealers opportunity to turn those people into buyers by his attitude and hospitality because he is selling the product not the people who have came for the drive.
Yes, You are right!!

Last edited by finneyp : 5th September 2008 at 16:14.
Old 5th September 2008, 17:15   #84
Senior - BHPian

Naronikar saab,

I take exception to what you said. Except maybe a college student (who may later advise some family member as a car enthusiast) most other people have alot MORE value of their time than spend time in stupid dealerships who think its absolutely normal to take the car off TD on the 4th day for "service" - when they give back cars in first service in four-five hours (and we know how little they do), why must a TD car not be available?

And yes, I love Dhingra
Old 5th September 2008, 17:24   #85
Senior - BHPian

OK guys, that was my opinion and just thought of becoming a dealer salesguy. Maybe a bad salesguy and not interested in selling cars. Good that i'am not in marketing or sales.
Old 5th September 2008, 17:34   #86
Senior - BHPian

People normally dont have much time these days due to hectic work schedules. For instance i am looking forward to buy the Vista but since the launch i am not able to take the time out for the test drive(not any dealers fault but am busy with my work).
Very few people will go for the test drive just for the heck of it!

@phamilyman - I can see your love for Dhingra is increasing Day by day

Last edited by harry10 : 5th September 2008 at 17:36.
Old 5th September 2008, 19:09   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
People normally dont have much time these days due to hectic work schedules. For instance i am looking forward to buy the Vista but since the launch i am not able to take the time out for the test drive(not any dealers fault but am busy with my work).
Very few people will go for the test drive just for the heck of it!

+1.

I am also looking forward to buying the Vista but due to the damned schedule of work and odd timings that i work, i have not got the chance to TD the car yet.
Old 5th September 2008, 19:23   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Similar incident with Concorde. Had been to view the Vista, with a friend, last Friday (first impressions are very positive). Said friend has since been pestering them for a test drive. Initially, was promised that the demo car will arrive on Tuesday, then on Thursday. Today (Thursday) when he called up he was told that it would take a couple of days. The Concorde salesman then went on a sales pitch - "Everyone is booking the car. Why don't you go ahead and book the car too? You can take the test drive later on!!". Ofcourse no refund if he does not like the car then!
However, i guess this is what happens when dealerships do not pay well and do not employ people who really know their cars. I would be surprised if the salesman have been given any training other than being asked to go through the sales brochures.
Ask him why dont you register the car in my name before i credit the money to your account
Old 5th September 2008, 20:38   #89
Senior - BHPian

@ Harry, Abhinav: Not sure how you people work. Can I guess it is 24x7 schedule or rather 12x7 schedule.

All you have to do is make up your mind and tell yourself that I have to take the test drive today at any cost come what may....then only these things are possible. Otherwise, we keep on giving excuses (for ourselves) like this and things will never happen. I do the same thing wheneer I want to find some time either to go to bank/visit relatives place etc...Just my 2 cents.
Old 5th September 2008, 21:02   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Harry, Abhinav: Not sure how you people work. Can I guess it is 24x7 schedule or rather 12x7 schedule.

All you have to do is make up your mind and tell yourself that I have to take the test drive today at any cost come what may....then only these things are possible. Otherwise, we keep on giving excuses (for ourselves) like this and things will never happen. I do the same thing wheneer I want to find some time either to go to bank/visit relatives place etc...Just my 2 cents.
You are right buddy but everything in life is prioritized and i guess this has still not come on top priority

Well My Cousin who is driving a V2 Turbo just test drived today and was kinda blown away with it so finally I had fixed a test drive for Monday . Lets See how i find it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks