Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2008, 21:26   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
@ Harry, Abhinav: Not sure how you people work. Can I guess it is 24x7 schedule or rather 12x7 schedule.

All you have to do is make up your mind and tell yourself that I have to take the test drive today at any cost come what may
Definitely not 24/7 mate But the working hours are odd since I am in Infrastructure Management.. Tend to get woken up at odd hours, am at office till wee hours of morning etc etc.. Cant get enough of sleep

But i totally agree with you when you say that you have to make up your mind.. I will probably make it sometime next week for sure!!
Old 6th September 2008, 20:53   #92
Senior - BHPian

has any forum member taken delivery of an Indica VIsta as yet. I am teen to read a team bhp member's ownership report. There is very little info on the way the TDI Vist behaves. Is there any improvement in the engine'storque characteristics and the smoothness of the gearbox over the Indica V2?
Old 6th September 2008, 22:56   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

TD'ed the Vista Aura QJ today. The car's a beauty. So easy to get familiar with & get used to !

Good accleration, good NVH control, Steering is responsive, braking good, gear shift is good & smooth. A/c cools fast. Pick-up is not a problem even with A/c on (better not be, this isnt a TDi !)

The rear-view mirror position seemed a little too close. ORVM's could have been a little more wider.

Wanted to TD the Safire engined Vista, but they only have a show-room piece. No demo vehicle yet.

Last edited by condor : 6th September 2008 at 22:59.
Old 7th September 2008, 00:13   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Is there any improvement in the engine'storque characteristics and the smoothness of the gearbox over the Indica V2?
a lot! it has a slick short throw gear (from Fiat) and the torque is amazing! in my TD, i could take it to less than 20kmph in 3rd gear and picked up speed smoothly again. in 4th gear I could come below 35 kmph without knocking and acceleration was easy from there.
Old 7th September 2008, 07:24   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
CtrlAltDel : ... in 4th gear I could come below 35 kmph without knocking and acceleration was easy from there.
Re-check ! Knocking is not so visible when inside the car, esp with the windows rolled up.

This point would be applicable to any car. Knocking needs to be checked for by someone outside the car, and with the windows rolled-down.
Old 7th September 2008, 08:41   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

The TD has left me confused - Vista QJ Aqua, or a Getz 1.1 GVS. Or wait for i20 - if it is launched in a month or so ? (The cars are in different categories ? I know, I know).

Vista Aqua QJ : 5.40L On-road.
Getz 1.1 GVS : 5.07 on-road.
i20 should be about 5.75 on-road, (not top end model) ?

The Getz 1.1 GVS felt like it would run out of steam with A/c & 4 passengers. The i10's Kappa was much better. This is what's making me think of the i20. Tried to get the sales person to talk about the i20, but he said that i20 will take time. Hyundai may be giving a new variant of the Accent. But the Accent, for all it's merits, is an old model, and dont think much about it, after seeing it's position in the US auto market.

The Vista will beat the i20 on two important counts - price and FE. What do you think, guys ? One old, one new, one yet-to-be-launched. If the Getz had a Kappa option, it would have been good.

@C-A-D, which ones have you compared, before you booked the Vista ?
Old 7th September 2008, 14:29   #97
Senior - BHPian

The i20 when it is launched, is likely to be priced a lot higher than the present day Getz. It would not be in the same price range as the Indica Vista. Moreover, comparing a diesel with a petrol does no seem to be the right thing to do.
Old 7th September 2008, 15:40   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Rajneesh, looks like you missed two points I had mentioned - about 'not top end model', and about they being in different categories.

Fabia starts at 5.1L approx. Getz 1.3 GLX is at 5L (all ex-showroom). The i10 Kappa itself starts at 4L. i20 cant be placed too far, or it will end up in Sedan pricing territory, which can seriously affect sales.
Old 7th September 2008, 18:24   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Re-check ! Knocking is not so visible when inside the car, esp with the windows rolled up.

This point would be applicable to any car. Knocking needs to be checked for by someone outside the car, and with the windows rolled-down.
the window was rolled down before I tested this feature and i was listening closely to any sounds. knocking is usually accompanied by shaking inside the car and this was absent. moreover since the car was running while being tested, I dont see how someone outside can observe knocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
@C-A-D, which ones have you compared, before you booked the Vista ?
I was on the verge of deciding between the MJD and Indigo CS TDI when Vista appeared on the scene. before that I had tested/considered and ruled out the i10 Kappa (too small), Swift VDI (crazy wait period), Swift ZXI (expensive and bad FE), Getz CRDI (not worth the price, IMO), Indigo CS Dicor (warned against Dicor by most people), Honda City (too expensive but still my ideal), Logan (high price, bad features), Fabia (high price, maintenance), Fusion TDI (high price, maintenance)....did i miss anything?
Old 7th September 2008, 19:24   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
....did i miss anything?
Yes, Palio MJD, I still find it a worthwhile option.
Old 7th September 2008, 19:35   #101
BHPian

palio MJD is one of the best cars around with tank like structure. People back away from that thinking about horrendous sundaram service memoirs and resale worries. Nobody really enjoys the car, and those who does;does buy it
Old 7th September 2008, 19:38   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
CtrlAltDel : ..moreover since the car was running while being tested, I dont see how someone outside can observe knocking.
It is so easy to see knocking in a car that's passing by. Try it. Whenever I see that, I wonder if the driver is dead to the feedback his car is giving him.

Quote:
ruled out the i10 Kappa - too small,
Swift VDI - crazy wait period
Swift ZXI - expensive and bad FE,
Getz CRDI - not worth the price, IMO,
Indigo CS Dicor - warned against Dicor by most people.
Logan (high price, bad features),
Fabia (high price, maintenance),
Fusion TDI (high price, maintenance)....did i miss anything?
i10 Kappa - liked the engine, though.
Swift VDi - not too comfy a ride. Doesnt seem as spacious as the Vista.
Getz CRDI - seems a small car, compared to the Vista.
Indigo CS Dicor - would have been the same car, after a Indica & a Marina (for me).
Palio SDX - honestly priced variants, but servicing, spares availability, re-sale prices would have been a pain.

Last edited by condor : 7th September 2008 at 19:42.
Old 7th September 2008, 19:57   #103
Senior - BHPian

what about the aveo U-VA?
Old 7th September 2008, 20:15   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
palio MJD is one of the best cars around with tank like structure. People back away from that thinking about horrendous sundaram service memoirs and resale worries. Nobody really enjoys the car, and those who does;does buy it
Just a small correction, those who own the Car, enjoy the car!
And not the other way!
Old 7th September 2008, 20:40   #105
BHPian

Finished TD of the Following cars:-
Model Waiting period
1. Tata Quadrajet Aura 1 month
2. Palio Multijet SDX didn't ask
3. Hyundai i-10 Kappa Sportz 15 days
4. Swift DDIS VDI with ABS 4 months!

Can someone confirm the wait period for the Swift vdi with abs? 4 months is absurd.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks