Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2008, 13:35   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
Great car, great color, great choice. Congratulations. How much would it cost to updgrade the wheels and tyres to the L&K ones? But on the other hand, the present ones will more comfy, I guess.
Dude, Thanks a lot!
I heard from Dealer, it costs about 50k to replace all the alloys to 16".
But I think for the road condition in Karnataka, thicker rubber would be better off!! Rubber will insulate some bumbs and so should stress shocks less, just my guess... But I may have to pay penalty on mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
That's a lovely car pal. Great colour choice, should look good with a very light tint.

The brighter side is that you don't have to spend a fortune on replacing these should a need ever arise. The old Octy headlights tend to fade over 3 or 4 years of regular usage. Is it something to do with the plastic?
Silver, Thanks a lot!
I was thinking of dark shade for the sun film and bright interiors.
I guess compared to Xenon, this is little cheaper, but will keep my fingers crossed...
Old 2nd September 2008, 17:19   #17
BHPian

COngrats on your fantastic purchase.
Laura looks hot in Red.
Do post your initial ownership review once past 1000k on the odo.
Happy and Safe driving !!!
Old 3rd September 2008, 12:53   #18
BHPian

sorry for going off topic, but I always wondered if the SKoda brass consulted any Indian staff before they christened the car "Laura" in India...
Old 3rd September 2008, 13:23   #19
BHPian

Congratulations Anand. The red looks impressive in Skoda. What is the warranty offered by Skoda on Laura? Awaiting the interior pictures and offcourse the Stanley Leather dress on the skoda.

Regards
Old 3rd September 2008, 13:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Anand. The car looks HOT! As you already have projectors, you can upgrade to HIDs.
Old 3rd September 2008, 18:38   #21
BHPian

As promissed, here are more pictures to begin with. Inclues interior more than exterior

Over all good experience so far, except for the bad trafic on Bangalore roads!

This is how the story unfolds further.
Yesterday morning, Sales Rep calls me and confirms that I can pick up the car by 5PM. (I had informed him thatI must collect the car by 5.30PM latest), but he tells me stearing cover (leather cover) is taking up more time, so I'll have ot mist 5PM window if he has to get it done, but seating, door panels have been completed.
I decide to take the car without leather cover for stearing wheel, but tell him that I should get it done by this weekend, he agrees.

I call him at 3PM, saying I would start and so he needs to keep the vehicle ready for delivery. He confirms it will be ready, but he may not be back in the showroom from a customer visit he had planned... I can't wait for him, since after 6PM beating the traffic back to home will be hell, I want to drive my new car safe back home... So decide to take the car without the sales Rep in showroom.

I reach the Dealer at 4PM, I see my car being washed/some decoratives sticked... So I know it is almost ready. Gives me good feel, since in the past (with my previous 2 cars), I had to almost wait for 2hrs before I could see my car, and it was really frustating.

All paper work is done after serving the coffee. Another person explains me about the car, but felt like I know more than him.... he didn't even know where the break fluid lid is on this car! another guy who was washing my car showed!! couple of such things, and I decide to read manual myself.
Though checklist found in the TBHP PDC was really helpful, because I could collect all the required informaiton from other people around there, though guy who was supposed to explain me the car, was not that familiar!

And at 5.15PM or so, I leave the Dealer. I can run about 30km thats what Multi Function Display shows
OK I hit a near by IOC for fuelling. And then the traffic nightmare starts...
Took about 2hrs to reach home!
But over all I could easily get used to deisel engine, thoughall along past 6 years I have driven only petrol cars.
But felt like clutch is little harder than Viva/Santro.. obviously...

Will post detailed initial ownership report after 1000km.

Before I sign-off, as per the manual, it is required to run-in Laura for 1500km, where in 1000km should be driven with revs less than 75% of max limit, while 1000-1500 could be driven gradually increasing the rev to max limit.
Attached Thumbnails
The Red Laura!-dsc_0434.jpg  

The Red Laura!-dsc_0435.jpg  

The Red Laura!-dsc_0436.jpg  

The Red Laura!-dsc_0437.jpg  

The Red Laura!-dsc_0440.jpg  

The Red Laura!-dsc_0438.jpg  

Old 3rd September 2008, 20:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Dashing! that's what I can say now. The biege colour of stanley leather seat cover looks perfect match to the body colour. Congrats on your new buy.
Old 3rd September 2008, 20:44   #23
BHPian

Hey anand nice choice of color for both the car and the seats. Both go along really well. Enjoy your ride.
Old 3rd September 2008, 20:48   #24
BHPian

Looks Yummy!!!

Can imagine how it will look with RS kit and 17" alloys.Gulp!!!
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:28   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
Looks Yummy!!!

Can imagine how it will look with RS kit and 17" alloys.Gulp!!!
Yeah man waiting to seee...ee that
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:52   #26
BHPian

The car looks GREAT in RED. Congrats buddy. Pls do post the iniital drive and ownership impressions..
Old 3rd September 2008, 22:36   #27
BHPian

congrats Anand ! simply awesome color ! please reply with the fuel efficiency, i have the same car in my mind !
EDIT :- Mods please delete , its a double reply , sorry for that

Last edited by sajid33 : 3rd September 2008 at 22:39. Reason: double entry
Old 3rd September 2008, 22:55   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbaliga View Post
Congratulations Anand. What is the warranty offered by Skoda on Laura? Awaiting the interior pictures and offcourse the Stanley Leather dress on the skoda.
Regards
]'
Thanks a lot!
Skoda gives 2yrs/unlimited mileage warranty (this is 4 years by default on VW Jetta, though engine/ gearbox are same)!
Interior poctures added in the last post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Congrats Anand. The car looks HOT! As you already have projectors, you can upgrade to HIDs.
Thanks! Can I use any HID bulb? How much would it cost? Any pointers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid33 View Post
congrats Anand ! simply awesome color ! please reply with the fuel efficiency, i have the same car in my mind !
Thanks!
I think will have to wait for couple of weeks before I can actually check FE. Will post an update later, once I clock 1000 km.
Old 3rd September 2008, 23:03   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbhat View Post
]'
Thanks! Can I use any HID bulb? How much would it cost? Any pointers?
Just changing the bulbs won't do. You need to add a ballast as well as new wiring and relay. You get a whole HID kit with all these inside. The skoda's kit will definitely cost a bomb.

I remember just the ballast costing Rs.30K.
Old 4th September 2008, 00:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

@ Anand - You can get aftermarket kits from 6k onwards. One suggestion: try not to go over 6000K. They look cool but are ineffective.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks