Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2008, 14:09   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks lovely!

In my opinion, get rid of the cheap looking 'GM' and 'Padam Motors' numberplates. Either switch to premium normal ones or go for the even more expensive high security plates.
Old 8th September 2008, 16:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. I too feel that you should first change the number plate.
Happy driving
Old 8th September 2008, 21:39   #18
BHPian

Congrats VC. Can you do a small favour. Look beneath your car and check whether the Oil Sump is covered. Wanted to find whether they have changed the design on the new cars

Best regards
Deepu
Old 8th September 2008, 21:48   #19
BHPian

The Double DIN seems to be Clarion with a 6 CD changer as per Chevrolet.co.in

Best regards
Deepu
Old 9th September 2008, 22:48   #20
BHPian

Sorry for late reply. I was travelling and have clocked more than 1200km in last 5 days. Will take the car for initial checkup (1000km). Should I get the engine oil changed? The first servicing though is at 3000 km when engine oil is scheduled to be changed.

The HU is Clarion with 6 CD changer but has been branded Chevrolet.

Yes, the number plate looks cheap but this is a temporary registration number. I will change the number plate as soon as I receive the new registration number.

Deepug - I will check under the car tomorrow and let you know if the sump is covered.
Old 10th September 2008, 10:49   #21
BHPian

The 1000 Km is just a re-assiurance check. No oils are changed. Basic check-up - that's it. The first service should be 5K and not 3K.

Honestly the oil sump issue is an exaggerated one. I have taken 2 highway trips and the roads werea pathetic to say the least. Haven't scraped the car at all, thankfully. One needs to be careful when fully loaded - that's it.
Old 10th September 2008, 11:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vchounal
The first servicing though is at 3000 km when engine oil is scheduled to be changed.
You can do the first oil change at 3000 kms.
Check if your ASC uses API-CH4 or higher standard oil.
Old 10th September 2008, 16:00   #23
BHPian

Congrats Vchounal - You have got the diesel rocket with you and i definitely rate it as one of the finest diesel engines on india roads. Enjoy your new and safe riding.
Old 30th September 2008, 19:59   #24
BHPian

Need your advise on engine oil change. The Magnum has started showing "Change Engine Oil Soon" warning sign once I insert the key. The warning sign remains illuminated for couple of seconds and then goes off with other warning signs. It doesn't come up again while driving.

As per the manual, first oil change is at 5000km or 6 months. My car is less than 1 month old and has done roughly 2000 km.

Should I get the oil changed now?
Old 30th September 2008, 20:25   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vchounal View Post
Need your advise on engine oil change. The Magnum has started showing "Change Engine Oil Soon" warning sign once I insert the key. The warning sign remains illuminated for couple of seconds and then goes off with other warning signs. It doesn't come up again while driving.

As per the manual, first oil change is at 5000km or 6 months. My car is less than 1 month old and has done roughly 2000 km.

I think this is quite normal AFAI remember.. other people could comment on it further. Just make sure it does not come on while driving.

Cheers
Old 30th September 2008, 21:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car vchounal!! Enjoy your ride and drive safe. Car looks excellent in the pics and the HU looks neat in the pic. Have more trouble free miles with the car!!
Old 1st October 2008, 16:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:

It is normal, i faced the same thing before the 5k service, and immediately spoke to service advisor, he said there is no issue. the warning went after the 5 k service was done, after that i dont see the same warning again.
Old 1st October 2008, 18:35   #28
BHPian

Congrats vchounal for your premium purchase!

The interiors looks really beautiful with those beige leather seats. Wish you lots n lots of enjoyable time with your car.

What was the OTR price?
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:19   #29
BHPian

Not to worry

Quote:

Hi vchounal,
Dont worry about that. I had the same problem too before my first service @ 1000Km. I called up the dealer and they told me that it is not an issue. During my 1000km service they top-upe all the oil levels in my car.
Also when you insert the key all warning lights will light up and go some take a few seconds extra. Its just the normal system check. Booting up of your cars systems
Old 23rd October 2008, 11:00   #30

I have already taken a printout of check list while delivery of new car. Thanks BHP for great tips.

Hey vchounal,

I will be taking the delivery of my LT on tuesday next week (Hopefully ..specailly after reading ur experience )

I was hoping you can share the check-list you mentioned here. It will be of great help to me. Also, share ur initial few miles exp ..specially post the first service. Any other heads-up that might be useful will also be appreciated .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks