Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2008, 16:49   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefls View Post
Nice buy and awesome birthday gift!
I'm looking for a used RS in Delhi myself. Hopefully I'll get one soon!
Thanks a lot. Am sure you will find one soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
how about corolla for my OHC replacement guys..acceleration is good
Maybe a good choice but am not a fan of the corolla. Unless you are planning to soup it up.
Old 17th September 2008, 10:37   #62

Perfect car

Congrats buddy , for your purchase !
I am looking for a vRS in delhi , but aint able to find a single piece till yet . Long time back a dealer quoted me a silver RS , but then silver is not my choice . so dropped it that time .
Now its over a month searching for a vRS ( black or red ) , but still searching...

Would request you , abhinav , and ashish22 , to find a really good car for me too . I put up in delhi and can be contacted via e-mail or cell !

Again , congrats on your purchase !
Drive safe .
Old 18th September 2008, 11:36   #63
BHPian

Done about 1000kms now and loving every bit of this yellow pie.

I get a whoooosh-whistle sound once the turbo come on. Is that because of the Blow off valve? What is the tyre pressure like (32-34)?

And is the KCA420i for IPOD a direct fitment to the alpine 9830 in the RS?

Cheers
Old 18th September 2008, 12:00   #64
BHPian

OMG

Absolutely wicked mate.

I love the color. How much did you pay for it?
Old 18th September 2008, 12:08   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
OMG

Absolutely wicked mate.

I love the color. How much did you pay for it?

Thanks a lot mate. Yellow sure is wicked.
Old 18th September 2008, 12:53   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
Done about 1000kms now and loving every bit of this yellow pie.
1k KMS? Looks like you have been on a roll... happy for you bud!

Assume, you would have atleast done 2 tankfulls, what are your mileage figures - city & highway?
Old 18th September 2008, 14:19   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
1k KMS? Looks like you have been on a roll... happy for you bud!

Assume, you would have atleast done 2 tankfulls, what are your mileage figures - city & highway?

I did do a tank up on the first fill. The average in the city I have obtained is around 10.5 to 11 with A.C.. I will be hitting the highway this weekend for a roadtrip. Will see how the handling at extreme speeds and mileage are like. The monster touches 100-120 easily in the city in short stretches. Will see how easily it touches 200.

If I do manage the trip to the hills this weekend then bhpians should be treated to some awesome pics.

Should I be wary of anything in the RS when I try to touch 200?

Cheers
Old 23rd September 2008, 10:12   #68
BHPian

Update: The latest update is that I have completed 2000 kms since I bought my RS. Still very much in the honeymoon phase. Like to look at it before I sleep every night and also first thing in the morning. No glitches as of now. The first 1000 kms involved a lot of ripping and trying to see how fast the car can go. It sure did respond very well. The mileage obtained with all the ripping was around 10 or so. The next 1000kms have been done at speeds hovering around 50-70 kms/hr mark. The mileage obtained is around 11.5. Only problem I face now is that the alloys are difficult to maintain. They some how manage to pick up black stains. The other problem is the seats which are scary to maintain considering they are white. Please give me some suggestions to keep the white fabric clean guys.

I love driving the RS especially in the nights when the roads are empty and I can put the moonroof up. Its just amazing. My other car also has the sunroof but is not as good as this one. The sunroof somehow feels huge in this car. Another advantage of driving an Yellow RS is that you have chicks scrambling to go out with you(especially in the car) but the problem is that you can also get caught out easily with a fancy car and fancy number(so do not think of cheating on your girlfriend if you drive a RS).

Been itching to go on a long trip with my new RS but have'nt dont that as yet. I have had lot of bhpians pm'ing me asking me about my experience and if a RS is a good buy. All I can say is its awesome and there are no two ways about it. If you are planning on buying an RS I would say just go for it. Every morning I wake up early just to drive my RS to the gym rather than to work out so that itself says a lot.
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:43   #69
BHPian

lol redsfx you are speaking my language..
trust me buddy even i look at my car before sleeping and the first thing in morning i see is my vRS again my dog is completely ignored(he used to the first object/living being i used to see earlier)
and chick magnet it is for sure, i'm enjoying all the attention!
and yes that moonroof/sunroof is absolutely amazing to use during nights
you are really getting amazing mileage mate even after so much ripping, i get around 9 when i rip hard
the best thing about this car is that even with A/C there is no power drop at all and it still pulls like a dream
overall i can say it is a dream car to own, and it gets amazing respect on road!
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:57   #70
BHPian

Quote:
trust me buddy even i look at my car before sleeping and the first thing in morning i see is my vRS again my dog is completely ignored(he used to the first object/living being i used to see earlier)
you are really getting amazing mileage mate even after so much ripping, i get around 9 when i rip hard
the best thing about this car is that even with A/C there is no power drop at all and it still pulls like a dream
overall i can say it is a dream car to own, and it gets amazing respect on road!

Its true that you get amazing respect on the road. The cabin is very very quiet but god knows what ruckus the RS causes on the roads as I see people scrambling to the edge of the road once they see the car. I have also noticed most people at the signal like to park a little away from the car to admire it in its full glory.
Old 23rd September 2008, 15:27   #71
Senior - BHPian

When we went to book our Civic, I saw this red RS just tear past our bus. I could clearly hear the turbo whine and the driver was really pushing the thing over the open road. Truly a sight for sore eyes and the exhaust note combined with the turbo whine sent chills up my spine and I had goosebumps.

Even my dad, who loves sedate luxo barges more than race bred machines, immediately asked me about the car and how much it goes for. I told him "Skoda vRS. No longer in production. Went for 12.5 or so when it was." He considered for a while (and I sat there wishing) and said no because he has a huge aversion to pre-owned cars.

It truly is a driver's car. Some people have all the luck in the world :P
Old 23rd September 2008, 16:52   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
When we went to book our Civic, I saw this red RS just tear past our bus. I could clearly hear the turbo whine and the driver was really pushing the thing over the open road. Truly a sight for sore eyes and the exhaust note combined with the turbo whine sent chills up my spine and I had goosebumps.

Even my dad, who loves sedate luxo barges more than race bred machines, immediately asked me about the car and how much it goes for. I told him "Skoda vRS. No longer in production. Went for 12.5 or so when it was." He considered for a while (and I sat there wishing) and said no because he has a huge aversion to pre-owned cars.

It sure does give me goosebumps everytime I drive it. I was also in a dilemma when choosing between the civic and the RS. But I was just blown away by the RS in the TD.
Old 23rd September 2008, 18:20   #73
Senior - BHPian

Which is why I'll be TCing my Civic when it has run five figures in KM and when Vitamin M gets to a good level.

On a sidenote, is it possible to convert the normal TPi Skoda to vRS trim? I know the thing comes with the same engine, so it is a case of swapping some (expensive) parts right?
Old 23rd September 2008, 18:45   #74
BHPian

Only problem I face now is that the alloys are difficult to maintain. They some how manage to pick up black stains. The other problem is the seats which are scary to maintain considering they are white. Please give me some suggestions to keep the white fabric clean guys.

The only way to keep the alloys clean is to wash them with water once a week. Tar stains can be removed with a diesel soaked rag. Do NOT splash a bucketful of water onto your alloys. It may kill the ABS sensor.

For the white inserts in the seats, I use a Ariel + water solution. Scrub them clean with a sponge (not the black leather part) and dry them under direct sun.

For the white carpet I have put a transparent pplastic sheet under the foot mats.
Old 23rd September 2008, 20:15   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyanubhav View Post
Congrats buddy , for your purchase !
I am looking for a vRS in delhi , but aint able to find a single piece till yet . Long time back a dealer quoted me a silver RS , but then silver is not my choice . so dropped it that time .
Now its over a month searching for a vRS ( black or red ) , but still searching...

Would request you , abhinav , and ashish22 , to find a really good car for me too . I put up in delhi and can be contacted via e-mail or cell !

Again , congrats on your purchase !
Drive safe .
The Search is on anubhav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
Update: .
The mileage obtained is around 11.5. Only problem I face now is that the alloys are difficult to maintain.
Another advantage of driving an Yellow RS is that you have chicks scrambling to go out with you(especially in the car) but the problem is that you can also get caught out easily with a fancy car and fancy number(so do not think of cheating on your girlfriend if you drive a RS).

Been itching to go on a long trip with my new RS but have'nt dont that as yet. I have had lot of bhpians pm'ing me asking me about my experience and if a RS is a good buy. All I can say is its awesome and there are no two ways about it. If you are planning on buying an RS I would say just go for it. Every morning I wake up early just to drive my RS to the gym rather than to work out so that itself says a lot.
Quote:
11.5 is quite good.
My college has started and i am getting a 11 these days. ( 50 km home - college - home )
I think 11 in delhi in a petrol car is quite good
P.S Driving includes high revving and constant cruising around 50-70 kmph too

Some major stops and traffic included.

The Chicks factor is quite true ( many gals have come up for a ride in the past 2 weeks ]
Sunroof rocks to the core . Was driving around India Gate at 2 in the morning and then going to Airport through the Gurgaon Expressway. ( Moonroof at 150kmph is so amazing)

Make that 3. The 1st thing i do is pick up the keys from the key stand and go directly and open my garage to see the laal pari waiting and shining

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post

It's not all about luck man.
Yes there is luck like in redsfx , ashish22 , and my case : All vRs owners by luck. ( I consider myself quite lucky getting a nice discount on a new vRs (The last new vRs in the country)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
The only way to keep the alloys clean is to wash them with water once a week. Tar stains can be removed with a diesel soaked rag. Do NOT splash a bucketful of water onto your alloys. It may kill the ABS sensor.

For the white inserts in the seats, I use a Ariel + water solution. Scrub them clean with a sponge (not the black leather part) and dry them under direct sun.

For the white carpet I have put a transparent pplastic sheet under the foot mats.
The alloys take a hell lot of time to clean
My Driver cleans the car and uses some brush to reach some inner spots on the wheels. ( I want my Angel {READ : BEAST} to be clean 1st thing in the morning )

I haven't faced a problems with the seat though.
I have added some plastic mats over the original mats.

Most Viewed