Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:09   #121
BHPian

I have seen very few such babies in Gurgaon. My vRS feels alone sometimes:-)
Old 4th October 2008, 01:06   #122
Senior - BHPian

vRs is totally a lovable machine and one to drool upon

All my friends love it
Old 17th October 2008, 12:24   #123
BHPian

I'm sure you'll see a few more now that myself, Ashish and Abhinav have acquired the vRS and I guess all of them are red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhap View Post
I have seen very few such babies in Gurgaon. My vRS feels alone sometimes:-)
Old 17th October 2008, 12:39   #124
BHPian

many many congrats ilovefls and welcome to the club. Isnt it a great feeling to acquire such a beauty.
hmm so it looks like we are 4 of us in delhi/ncr having red vRS whom we know. It feels really good to know, hope we all can meet someday

Last edited by ashish22 : 17th October 2008 at 12:48.
Old 17th October 2008, 15:10   #125
BHPian

4? I thought it was just you, me and Abhinav who had red vRS? Who else do you know had a red?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
many many congrats ilovefls and welcome to the club. Isnt it a great feeling to acquire such a beauty.
hmm so it looks like we are 4 of us in delhi/ncr having red vRS whom we know. It feels really good to know, hope we all can meet someday
Old 8th January 2011, 18:57   #126

Re: My Yellow vRS Monster

I am now the proud owner of this Yellow VRS. I found this VRS for sale on Team BHP in Sep 2010. Took me about 2 months to arrange the cash to buy it. It was love at 1st sight. Though the car was very dirty inside and outside, bald tyres etc, the car engine was maintained well and in stock condition. I loved the whosh everytime the turbo kicked in. My wife too loved the colour and how the car was built inside out. Since i bought this beauty, I have spent long hours to clean the inside to get rid of years of accumulated dirt and grime.

For the outside got scratch removal done and a coat of waxing. May need to be done once more after a few months maybe by 3M. Change the tyres to Yokohama dB Decibel 215/55/R16 in place of the stock 205/55/R16. This increased the ride height by 14mm according to Ashwin of Sai Iyengar in bangalore. The increase in ride height is much needed on Bangalore roads to save my VRS from scrapping and bumping against each speed breaker. Needed to get the swing arm bushes replaced, servicing of the front suspension etc and now the VRS drives like hot knife through butter. The earlier owner used to get the car worked on by mechanic Harry on the Outer Ring road kalyanagar in bangalore. I continue to go back to him.

There are a few more niggling small problems that will need to be fixed. But I will get it done slowly one at a time. 2 months owning this yellow beauty has been very pleasurable. Everyone who sees the car wants to drive it or sit in it. Since this car is yellow, it stands out from the other VRS in bangalore as a special car. I will post pics in a few days
Old 8th January 2011, 19:43   #127
Senior - BHPian

^^

Wilfax, first of all let me congratulate you for becoming a proud owner of this 'Yellow' vRS.

The things that you've done so far on the car suggests me that you care for your car very much.

Since you're new to T-BHP, I would like to give some tips to you :

I highly recommend you NOT to post the future updates here. Yes, you need to create a new thread for your car in the 'Test Drives & Initial Ownership Reports' section. Please write a detailed report on your car. Don't forget to share high resolution pics with us.

As you've mentioned, there is something very special about 'yellow' cars. My all time favorite yellow colored cars are Skoda Ocatvia & Fiat Palio S10

Drive safe. Wish you many many happy miles.
Old 8th January 2011, 20:18   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
Do NOT splash a bucketful of water onto your alloys. It may kill the ABS sensor.
LOL. So you are not supposed to drive it during rains? Come on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfax View Post
I am now the proud owner of this Yellow VRS. I found this VRS for sale on Team BHP in Sep 2010.
Congrats. Expecting lots of pics and a ownership log from you!
Old 20th January 2011, 22:02   #129
BHPian

Very surprising to hear that the car had accumulated grime and dirt. The day I sold the RS, it looked better than new. Please look after her. She still holds a very special place in my heart.
Old 20th January 2011, 23:00   #130
Team-BHP Support

Willfax - I know the car - have driven it and ran the VAG COm on it - no serious issues reported but it looked like the valve timing was off I think
Old 26th February 2011, 11:42   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
^^

Wilfax, first of all let me congratulate you for becoming a proud owner of this 'Yellow' vRS.

The things that you've done so far on the car suggests me that you care for your car very much.

Since you're new to T-BHP, I would like to give some tips to you :

I highly recommend you NOT to post the future updates here. Yes, you need to create a new thread for your car in the 'Test Drives & Initial Ownership Reports' section. Please write a detailed report on your car. Don't forget to share high resolution pics with us.

As you've mentioned, there is something very special about 'yellow' cars. My all time favorite yellow colored cars are Skoda Ocatvia & Fiat Palio S10

Drive safe. Wish you many many happy miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
LOL. So you are not supposed to drive it during rains? Come on!

Congrats. Expecting lots of pics and a ownership log from you!
Klub Klass, DRIV3R, thank you for the wishes. I will soon create an ownership report with loads of snaps. I was just so thrilled that my car has so much history in this thread so wanted to update the current status

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
Very surprising to hear that the car had accumulated grime and dirt. The day I sold the RS, it looked better than new. Please look after her. She still holds a very special place in my heart.
Redsfx, the previous owner was only into getting driving pleasure and not such much into interior and exterior upkeep. I will look after her......she is special indeed. I have messaged you my details. It will be good to chat with you sometime about the RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Willfax - I know the car - have driven it and ran the VAG COm on it - no serious issues reported but it looked like the valve timing was off I think
Ajmat, thanks for letting me know about this car. will connect with you to get some more details about the valve timing bit
Old 6th June 2011, 21:38   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
Hi RedSFX, my clutch packed up last week after driving in a lot of rain water. Car just crossed 70k mark. Had to get it towed and clutch replaced, cost 30k.
From your memory can you please list down major work done on the car when you owned it. This will help me be ready for what may come up next. Do you know if the clutch was replaced by you or previous owners? Same thing for Timing belt. Thank you for any info you can provide.
Old 15th December 2015, 22:54   #133

Lots has happened since i last posted in 2011. I still own the yellow monster. Its been a lot of pleasure and pain. Pain due to owning a Skoda car and the issues with ASS and getting spares for the VRs. Sometimes I have had to wait 8 weeks to get a part. Now I dont go to ASS for anything. Trying to get self reliant and buying spare parts / performance parts when I travel to US or UK. Trust me it gives me better satisfaction to know these are better parts and dont have to rely on ASS. Below is are the details of what I have changed over the last 2 years and may help other owners of VRs who face similar issues. Some of the changes are work in progress. Sorry about the formatting.

Part Number Item Price Status
FMVAG5QS Forge Short Shift Kit, Mk4/Mk5/Mk6 5-spd $115
99-5050 K&N Air Filter Cleaning/Re-Oiling Kit $14
33-2128 K&N Filter, Mk4 $60 Done
FMDVSPLTR Forge Splitter Valve, a Recirculation and Blow Off Valve $180
GAT-T306RB Timing Belt (Kevlar Gates Racing 300% Stronger), 1.8T 06A/06B $80 Done
N90801101 Engine Cover Screw, Mk4 Golf/Jetta 1.8T $2 Done
034_Billet_PCV PCV Valve 034 Motorsport Billet $30 Done
034_Mk4-Breather Breather Hose Kit, AWW/AWP Mk4 1.8T, Reinforced Silicone $135 Done
FMDVRLK Forge Diverter Valve Relocation Kit for VAG 1.8T 150/180 h $190
48.10.85 NEUSPEED Lower Intercooler Pipe - 1.8T, Mk4 Golf & Jetta $110 Done
058133753D Suction Pump Breather Check Valve, 1.8T/V6 $30 Done
280160575 Fuel Pressure Regulator, 4 Bar $40 Done
35906037 Fuel Injector Clip, 1.8T/VR6 $2
06A903315E Accessory Belt Tensioner, Mk4 1.8T/2.0L $66 Done
MNLKIT Oil Drain Plug (Magnetic), 14x1.5 $11 Done
39071 Goodridge G-Stop SS Brake Lines, Mk4 Golf / Jetta ALL $112 Done
321601173A01C 17mm Head Wheel Bolt Caps (Black) - Priced Each $1 Done
8D0012244A Wheel Bolt Cap Removal Tool $4 Done
8D0601173B01C 17mm Head Wheel LOCK Bolt Caps (Black) - Priced Each $1 Done
15.5106G Sway Bar Bushing Kit, Mk4 w/ 23mm Front Sway Bar $35
IEFUU17 Fuel Pressure Regulator Housing by IE $90
IEFUVA1 Fuel Injector Rail High Flow by IE, 1.8T $150
KIT5133KKK Superpro bushes - Kit includes SPF1915K, SPF2082K, SPF2576K, SPF2577-80K, SPF2481K, SPF3366K £183.00 Done
Old 16th December 2015, 12:24   #134

Sorry forgot to mention that almost all the parts were bought from urotuning.com in the US. They have performance parts from 034, Forge, Integrated Engineering etc who know what they are doing. Performance parts are higher quality, usually lifetime fits and cost as much as ASS rates with tax or sometimes even cheaper.
Search for VW, MK4 Jetta, 1.8T. No issues with any parts bought so far. They fit perfectly. Be prepared for your local mechanic to scare you that the parts look different and they will not fit. I search Skoda, Audi, VW forums for instructions, pictures and videos on how to fit these parts.
wilfax is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks