Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2008, 11:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Are there a huge pile up of cars for servicing as it is only dealership in Bangalore?
Old 13th September 2008, 11:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Congrats mate. Get rid of that Bridgestone RE-88 Rubber ASAP. Its just absolutely atrocious. Take a look at Michelin PP2 or Yoko S-Drives in 205/60/R15 or 205/55/R15.
That's definitely required for this car due to its soft suspension setup also. In latest issue of ACI, Narayan Karthikeyan did speed laps in the Irungattukotai race track with 11 cars, and Lancer Cedia finished 8 out of 11 in lap times behind Ford Fiesta and Honda Civic.
As far as Narain's rating for the suitability for track racing goes, Cedia scores 4 stars out of 10 making it the last car in the setup which includes Swift and Palio and SX4 as well.
Here's a quote "Soft suspension can't carry speed into corners" - I am guessing the inadequate RE88 tyres are also majorly contributing and drowning out the good engine acceleration and superb braking.
Old 13th September 2008, 12:49   #33
BHPian

Congratulations path_finder. car looks awesome !!

What all modifications have you done so far? I can see parking sensors....
Old 13th September 2008, 14:17   #34
BHPian

Tyres for CEDIA

Quote:
Congrats mate. Get rid of that Bridgestone RE-88 Rubber ASAP. Its just absolutely atrocious. Take a look at Michelin PP2 or Yoko S-Drives in 205/60/R15 or 205/55/R15.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
That's definitely required for this car due to its soft suspension setup also. ...Here's a quote "Soft suspension can't carry speed into corners" - I am guessing the inadequate RE88 tyres are also majorly contributing and drowning out the good engine acceleration and superb braking.
Thanks ROC & lancer_rit for the comments

Yeah – this is one area where I need some inputs. I did have some initial thoughts of changing the tyres on day one – but never had the time to see and decide. My present thought is to run for some time – say about 10K km (~10 months) and then go for a change – I know this may not be the best commercial option, but I have option of getting it reimbursed after some time. So this is the logic even if there is an urge in the heart for a change.

Having said the above, I would like some opinions from fellow cedizans. How bad is the stock? – ROC, “atrocious” is a very strong adjective – I would still think it is better than average compared to most other cars.

How many of you have changed the stock tyres and to what?
What is your opinion after the change?
Does it affect mileage?
Good place in Bangalore? & price?
Old 13th September 2008, 18:42   #35
BHPian

Awesome pics Path Finder. Many times I though I should have gone for a yellow one.
I upgraded to Michelin PP2.
Got it down at Tyre Professional, Jayanagar. Nikhil (fellow BHP-ian) helped me with the deal. PM him if you need help.
I am impressed with the grip and braking after the upgrade. Don't think the FE is impacted.

Planning for a HID upgrade next year.
Old 13th September 2008, 21:07   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
About the black trim on the doors, is it standard on the Sport or you got it done after market?
Is it some vinyl? Looks so.
Not sure where and which are the black trims being referred to? Vinyl? There no aftermarket fitting – what you see is standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
So it came to approx 10.3 L OTR? What is the list price of Cedia Sports in Blr now?
Well not sure, because right now there is no stock and new stock with some changes and new price is expected by end September. At time of my discussion, the list after post Aug 1 (2% increase in road tax) was coming to 10.93L
Old 14th September 2008, 11:47   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
That's definitely required for this car due to its soft suspension setup also. In latest issue of ACI, Narayan Karthikeyan did speed laps in the Irungattukotai race track with 11 cars, and Lancer Cedia finished 8 out of 11 in lap times behind Ford Fiesta and Honda Civic.
As far as Narain's rating for the suitability for track racing goes, Cedia scores 4 stars out of 10 making it the last car in the setup which includes Swift and Palio and SX4 as well.
Here's a quote "Soft suspension can't carry speed into corners" - I am guessing the inadequate RE88 tyres are also majorly contributing and drowning out the good engine acceleration and superb braking.
That track test looks like it was purchased. A Honda CRV just half a second slower than a Skoda vRS. Gimme a break .
Old 14th September 2008, 13:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That track test looks like it was purchased. A Honda CRV just half a second slower than a Skoda vRS. Gimme a break .
Well, that was surprising even though the CRV is 1 second slower than the vRS! Since Narain was driving (rather than ACI stalwarts ;-) ), I thought that the figures would be more accurate overall.
BTW, Narain rates vRS as 9 stars out of 10, so the Cedia did perform very poorly in stock form (if we ignore the numbers which are of course measured by ACI, and focus only on NK's track rating).

Cheers

Last edited by lancer_rit : 14th September 2008 at 13:45.
Old 15th September 2008, 08:02   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Are there a huge pile up of cars for servicing as it is only dealership in Bangalore?
I do not know the comparison of past when there were 2 dealers; but still to me the Mitsubishi section looks ok – but the same place has lot of Scorpio and Logan also coming making it very congested.
Old 15th September 2008, 15:57   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
Hey congrats budy. fantastic colour choice. I saw one in flesh when I went to take my delivery of Black cedia sports and me and my wife thought for a moment abt why didnt we picked up this one. And my daughter was not ready to take home our black one. She wanted YELLOW . And yes that back looks awesome in all sports colours.

Wish u many more miles of safe driving.
Thanks 1000Horses – saw the pictures of your black one in your garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Congrats buddy and welcome to the cedia club, by the way have you added a rear parking sensor or camera, where did you get it done?

Anything else that you have added?

Lets see some pics of the interior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyodi Backster View Post
Congratulations path_finder. car looks awesome !!

What all modifications have you done so far? I can see parking sensors....
Thanks mav & Jyodi
Yes on accessories so far:
  • You can see the sun film (llumar) – I got a bit dark shade (20) which goes well with yellow. This was a freebie.
  • And then the parking sensors, no camera – REDSOUL make with LED display cum buzzer – after bit if search took it from the accessory shop next to Southern Motors – even though price was bit higher, my sales guy coordinated the installation before delivery including getting it color matched and painted without extra charge. I found this very useful.
  • Last weekend changed the Headlamps to Philips X-tremePower 60/55W – bought it from Car Automobiles and got it fitted at Southern Motors Service – no modification or relays required; just change the lamps and you get lot more light, more white (less yellow) and lot more throw. Overall cost should be same as relay based 100/90 bulbs that require modifications to wiring.
Just not sure of what else – some thoughts on tyres and ICE – not able to decide. Any other suggestions?
Old 15th September 2008, 16:51   #41
Senior - BHPian

Awesome color choice and a really majestic looking car. Great pics as well! Congrats on your purchase! Take good care of the car and it will take care of you..

Drive safe!
Old 15th September 2008, 17:29   #42
BHPian

Hi Path finder, great to hear about the small upgrades, now you need to leave this section and move onto the ICE section..lol. Anyways legt me know what is the price of the new bulbs and where you got it from. I need to change my bulbs and not gotten around to doing anything about it till date. Also will they fit them at the southern motors delership or the service center?
Old 15th September 2008, 20:22   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hi Path finder, great to hear about the small upgrades, now you need to leave this section and move onto the ICE section..lol. Anyways legt me know what is the price of the new bulbs and where you got it from. I need to change my bulbs and not gotten around to doing anything about it till date. Also will they fit them at the southern motors delership or the service center?
I will move to ICE section later - LOL!! - below on your query about light.

I got X-tremePower from JC Road. Shop details as below

Car Automobiles
3, 1st cross, Journalist Colony, JC Road, Bangalore560 003
Tel 27606487/2124/2130
<This is somewhat parallel to main JC Rd - if you walk from Minerva circle towards Hudson circle, you have to take a left turn little after Mayura restaurant and then take an immediate right. Approx direction only>

Initially tried auto parts shops in Koramangala, they have not heard of it. Then after some search on JC Road and stumbled upon this place. Quoted price of 850/- initially, but after some bargaining settled for 770/- (685+VAT 12.5%). Went straight to Southern Motors India garage service center on Victoria Rd. It was 5:45PM – the service advisor first cribbed that there is none to do now, but after I requested again he himself came along with a boy and helped fix it – just 5 minutes. And good of all – he did not charge at all.

Performance is good – light is not perfect white, but more white than the stock. Low bean throw is a bit shorter and hi-beam a lot longer; but certainly more light and wider vision. More importantly no changes to wiring and is fully legal since it is 60/55.
Old 16th September 2008, 13:22   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Love the Sports version of Cedia and the color.
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:27   #45

Man the car is fantastic. Saw couple of cedia around here. The presence of the car reminds me more of a mondeo and Ikon. The colour is jawdropping indeed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks