Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2008, 08:54   #46
BANNED

Congratulations!
That's really nice to read an initial ownership experience of the Indica Vista.

Enjoy the car responsibly and it will return you with some very good results.
Old 21st September 2008, 10:10   #47
Senior - BHPian

almost 50 posts and still no pics
I wish this thread could be closed until the OP has pics to share

every time i see new replies I wonder if pics were posted. Disappointed every time sadly
Old 21st September 2008, 10:56   #48
SuperSyn

I find it impossible to believe that any Indian dealer will "test" the car for 350 Km by paying for the fuel out of their own pocket. Just not done.

It is understandable that Tata have told dealers to report early feedback, and the staff used the car as personal or test drive vehicle for some time before giving it to you.

I'd say it is generally a good idea to wait for 6 months and let there be some market feedback before buying an all new Tata vehicle, but you don't seem too bothered with these earlybird issues so enjoy the car.

The Vista is a very tempting package for city driving. Very spacious interiors I must say.

Old 21st September 2008, 11:25   #49
BANNED

[quote/] We were going at around 40K's when a Red Swift Vdi came and overtook us in a rather unruly way. I couldnt hold down my instincts. I forgot that it was a brand new car. I shifted down to 3rd and floored the pedal. The acceleration was amazing. Even though the power delivery is much linear than the swift i could still feel the turbo kicking in at around 1.8k rpm. The engine was smooth during acceleration and it was not at all loud. I almost felt like driving a petrol. it was really smooth.[/quote]

Hi congrats on the new VISTA.I too test drove it for about 3kms.Having driven indica for last 3 years i felt VISTA was far far ahead of the old version.

After all it has got the same swift D engine!!
Old 21st September 2008, 18:44   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
after all it has got the same swift D engine!!
its a FIAT engine dude...
Old 21st September 2008, 22:36   #51
BHPian

@juny: Congrats on the new buy. I've always maintained that indica is great VFM and is a really worthy car. The new avataar seems to have boosted that confidence in the car by a huge amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
I'd say it is generally a good idea to wait for 6 months and let there be some market feedback before buying an all new Tata vehicle, but you don't seem too bothered with these earlybird issues so enjoy the car.
Somehow whenever I read such kind of comments I feel like laughing and cant help but feel a little sorry about the public mentality. I get especially disappointed reading this at team-bhp. If every citizen feels this way and thinks about waiting 6months before buying a new car, then tell me, who will be helping the car improve and give the feedback about the new car? After 6 months you will still be stuck with a lemon and it will be the same lemon that you would have got had you booked 6 months earlier.

You want good stuff, then you have to take some risks. If you want to play it safe then you will just be picking up whatever the manufacturers offer you. One cant keep grumbling about car manufactureres not being innovative and not giving new features, but when such things do come into the market, then the public wants to wait and see how these features are received by others.

Btw SuperSyn, nothing directed at you... Just a feeling that finally burst out after reading many such lets wait and watch posts on the forum since the past few days.

Last edited by herculesksp : 21st September 2008 at 22:38. Reason: wrong reference to initial poster
Old 21st September 2008, 23:13   #52
Senior - BHPian

Is the Vista larger than the regular Indica?
Old 22nd September 2008, 00:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

hercules,

No offence to you, but the vast majority believes in prudence with their five lakh bucks, irrespective of however tempting the package may be.

And irrespective of other things, it is EVEN more valid for Tata, given that the service needs some service training, except some good news here and there. And no, every citizen types arguments - maybe ok for nationalistic threads, not car purchase ones!

You are free to rush in with your cash, you know. So when are we seeing your Vista pics?
Old 22nd September 2008, 09:20   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Is the Vista larger than the regular Indica?
yes, it is, which translates to more legroom in the back.

about the arguement on Tata's quality, I too feel its only a mindset based on what Indica and Tata were way back when the ghastly first version was being sold. quality since then has grown in leaps and bounds and in the current V2, the main problems are panel gaps, electricals and the infamous gear box. other than these, V2 never let anyone down.

in Vista the gaps and the gear box are taken care of and about the electricals, we can be confident about them because after investing so much in improving the car Tata would not have ignored it.

Service has been very good, at least in my experience since last 5 years. I dont understand why non-Tata car owners suspect Tata's service without having used it. i am sure there would definitely be exceptions but where doesnt it exist?
Old 22nd September 2008, 09:51   #55
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
If every citizen feels this way and thinks about waiting 6months before buying a new car, then tell me, who will be helping the car improve and give the feedback about the new car?
The engineers and the test team! The public is not a guinea pig. And getting justice can be difficult in India. I am more wary of some manufacturers than others, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
Btw SuperSyn, nothing directed at you... Just a feeling that finally burst out after reading many such lets wait and watch posts on the forum since the past few days.
Heh, NP. Due to past experiences we approach similar situations in different ways. If this was USA I wouldn't mind buying the latest car (even from GM, Chrysler or Tata), but in India I am a bit cautious.

Old 1st October 2008, 21:20   #56

I cant express how sorry i am to just leave without any replies or pics. The problem i have is that currently i am in chennai while the car is in kerala. And for the last 2 weeks i couldnt get any time so as to be any where near a pc with internet connection.

Well here are a few pics. They are not very good ones but i will definitely ask my folks back home to take better ones and send them to me so that i can post them here.

Got my Indica Vista!-car_vista_and_onam_087.jpg

Got my Indica Vista!-car_vista_and_onam_092.jpg

Got my Indica Vista!-car_vista_and_onam_094.jpg

Got my Indica Vista!-car_vista_and_onam_095.jpg

Got my Indica Vista!-car_vista_and_onam_099.jpg
Old 1st October 2008, 22:10   #57
Senior - BHPian

Those are pretty decent pics man.
The Vista looks stunning in this color, for me this looks better than the Red.
Old 1st October 2008, 22:46   #58
BHPian

Why did I think that the Aura Quadrajet came with factory fitted alloys?? The demo cars at the showrooms seem to have it.
Old 2nd October 2008, 11:19   #59
BHPian

yeah, they had installed alloys on some display cars.

btw junymathew, i forgot all about this thread! you are the first Vista owner here, not I! please post your experience with the car.

so from one Vista QJD owner to another: cheers:
Old 2nd October 2008, 11:41   #60
Senior - BHPian

Nice car, the front definitely looks very nice...the sedan version would be a great looker!

Tyres need to be upgraded else this is looking like a goood buy...

I think Palio MJD has some serious competiion also the swift DDSi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks