Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2008, 20:31   #1
BHPian

Finally got my S W I F T

hey guys
it was a very tough decision.

I had put up a thread for the bhpians to help me decide between Alto, Wagon R VXI or an Indica Turbo.

I knew there was no comparision between them but then after all the reviews I decided to go in for the Wagon R VXI

So there goes.. I called up Vitesse Motors.. the executive came with the test drive car on the decided day.

I drove the car and really like it.. the smoothness.. the space.. everything.

I was getting a very good deal on the car.. was getting 20000 cash discount + 5000 corporate discount + mudflaps, mattings and the body colored spoiler as freebies with the car..

Decided to go with the black color.. paid the token and was set to take delivery next week.

Then comes the moment.. I say to myself.. would the wagon r look good if later on i decide to pimp it.. the answer was a BIG NO.

Then i realised that in hatchbacks.. swift is a modifiers canvas

Then i just had a talk with my dad.. told him that swift according to me was a better buy.. tried to hide that look on my face which said that i am gonna modify it like my OHC

Dad said buy whatever.. immediatly jumped to get the phone and called the vitesse fellow.. told him to hang on and that i was coming to test drive the swift..

went to vitesse the same day and test drove the swift.. fell in love instantly.. wanted to buy the ZXI version but truthfully didna have that lac rupees more as already i had overshot my budget my a lac rupees

booked the swift VXI immediatly.. now came the difficult part.. which color..then I happened to see a pearl arctic white swift in a corner.. saw it and zeroed on the color..

did the paperwork etc.. the car costed me 497000 on road without a rupee discount and got only mattings and mudflaps as freebies.. the sales guy said they dont give a thing free with the swift.. i didnt care much..

the delivery was scheduled a week later..on a sunday.. the sales guy called up on sunday morning saying that the delivery cud be done on monday only due to some paperwork etc..

as i had to go to office.. i cud not take the delivery of my car so my dad went and got it home..

i reached home late night and there she was shining and spanking clean.. took her out for a little spin and concluded that i made a right choice..

in the coming weekend went to install the ICE.. wanted to get the JVC AVX 800 but it was too expensive for my budget. Bought a sony dual din with 4 JBL door speakers.. didna want to install a parcel tray..

I know that the ICE gurus will kill me for putting a sony but i have a decent system in my OHC so its ok for now..

planning to upgrade the tyres and put some nice alloys.. thing of installing 15's with 195 / 60 r 15.. does the upgrade seem ok.. pl advise

so thats about it.. will post the driving review and pictures very soon..
Old 18th September 2008, 20:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new wheels Honda Dude. Good choice there when u decided to go for Swift over WagonR.
Drive safe and enjoy your car to the fullest.
Regards,
Hari.
Old 18th September 2008, 20:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car. The decision to move in for swift from WR? If you ask me, it is individual's choice. As WR has good inside space and RR seat comfort is better than swift. I owned a WR and have driven Swift. But for modifications, swift is highly recommended. Will wait for your pics. AFAIK, 15" should be a good bet for the swift. Just do a search and will find the answer for this.
Old 18th September 2008, 22:49   #4
BHPian

Congrats mate.. Awesome choice of an awesome car!! cheers:
Old 18th September 2008, 23:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

honda dude buying a swift. nice. very verry nice.
Old 18th September 2008, 23:26   #6
Team-BHP Support

How do we believe that you have bought a new car ? Unless of course, you show us some pics
Old 18th September 2008, 23:27   #7
BHPian

congrats!! a very smart car...n practical too!!
great choice
Old 19th September 2008, 11:24   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda_dude View Post

planning to upgrade the tyres and put some nice alloys.. thing of installing 15's with 195 / 60 r 15.. does the upgrade seem ok.. pl advise
DO the people from where you are buying the tyre buy your old tyre(existing tyre)
I am be asking very foolish question but I thought i should know this
Old 19th September 2008, 12:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase mate

Would you be considering the following?
  1. Racing stripes
  2. Audi like front grill
  3. Imported head and tail lights that look like they are Xenons
  4. Blackish alloys with low profile tyres
The biggest con job at the minute is tyre dealers forcing owners to sell their almost brand new tyres for a song while upgrading. In their excitement to get new shoes, many owners take a big hit on their chin
Old 19th September 2008, 17:02   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
honda dude buying a swift. nice. very verry nice.
honda_dude, congrats on the new car! Like everyone else's demand, I too request pics of the beauty.

@vikram_d, everyone comes around eventually, wouldn't you say?
Old 19th September 2008, 17:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mate. Swift is a good choice. And certainly looks good on whatever mod you do to it.
Waiting for the pics and mods.

Most Viewed