Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 12:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Nice review.
BTW,May I know why are we discussing this topic.
My friend the world is becoming smaller day by day, my interest in this topic is to know the difference in products offered to us compaired to the same product offered in other countries. Mostly the difference is because of different driving conditions as well as preference of people, but many times companies offer their outdated product in a different market as new one.

Toyota and Honda are two best companies which are lately offering the latest global products in India.

Another major reason is the review itself. Corolla Altis has been on road in US for much more time then India therefore people are better able to give a long time review.. That will help the Indian prospective customers.

@Brosreview : Thanks for your reply. Were 4 models there right from the launch date or have they added one or two of these few months after the first launch?
Old 26th September 2008, 02:54   #17
BHPian

@ImmortalZ - Ground clearance of 170mm?! We reckon that is specifically raised for your country's market.

People complaining about it implies either the damping is poor that the car is unable to sustain the unlevel terrain OR the terrain is so unlevelled that 170mm is strictly deficient.

Oh totally!!! The lowered Civic looks stylish.
Old 27th September 2008, 02:59   #18
BHPian

@redsfx - Hey there, thanks for reading. There were rumours that the U.S models carried Camry's 2.4 litre engine. There might have been behind the scenes shift of front bumpers too. Hence, it may not look as if belonging to the same car.

Now, Skoda VRS is a fine car. Rather comparing to the VRS, we would say it looks "pedestrian" to its own prior models. The earlier models looked fresh (strictly speaking with respect to their time of release).

@Ym-enjn - Hey there, again, sorry for the delay. Umm, we are told that there was a bit of re-christening done. The base model was called CE before being called LE. And, th e delay to decide whether a 2.2 or a 2.4 litre shall accompany the XRS delayed its release.

The primary launch was sometime in February this year. And, we are told the changes and the XRS was released sometime in June this year.

@mjothi - Yes, we are told this is the variant sold in your country, India.

Last edited by GTO : 4th October 2008 at 11:20. Reason: Please use the EDIT button instead of typing one post after another!
Old 5th October 2008, 19:33   #19

Toyota Altis

I have taken some photographs of Toyota Altis.i have noticed some points.

1.Interior looks ok,as u rightly said Honda Civic much better.

2.Panel gaps are too much for this segment car.

3.Altis doesn't come with All wheel independent suspension.

4.Leather quality is disappointing.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Corolla 2008 Reviewed-toyota-altis.jpg  

Toyota Corolla 2008 Reviewed-toyota-altis-rear-view.jpg  

Toyota Corolla 2008 Reviewed-toyota-altis-interior.jpg  

Toyota Corolla 2008 Reviewed-panel-gaps.jpg  

Toyota Corolla 2008 Reviewed-rubber-beeding..jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks