Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2008, 22:01   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

A pictorial guide to a hot-hatch!!!
The car is looking damn good, especially the wheels. They are complementing the car very well.
The dealership stickers on your headlamps, what are they doing there???
Any particular 'functionality'?
Old 28th September 2008, 23:27   #17
BHPian

bro take off all the stickers from the car and get a better number plate...would enhance the looks even more!!!
Old 28th September 2008, 23:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
A pictorial guide to a hot-hatch!!!
The car is looking damn good, especially the wheels. They are complementing the car very well.
The dealership stickers on your headlamps, what are they doing there???
Any particular 'functionality'?
Thanks Dry Ice,
The stickers on the headlamps- i think they are serving as an advertisement for the dealership and nothing else.
I shall further update the pictures tomorrow as some accessories have been added.

@ Eddy- somehow i feel that Noida Dealerships/MASS are big robbers in disguise( especially Rohan Motors) don't know much about motorcraft.
Old 30th September 2008, 17:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
bro take off all the stickers from the car and get a better number plate...would enhance the looks even more!!!
offcourse ill get a number plate made- but as soon as i get my permanent number.cheers:
Old 1st October 2008, 13:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

Motorcraft Noida (sector 8?) has a good reputation. They are Service Masters (if that makes any difference). I get the other car in the family (Alto) serviced from there and atleast 4-5 of my friends go there all the way from South Delhi (including me) for the last 5-6 years. No issues with them so far, Highly recommended.
Old 1st October 2008, 15:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hey turbo, congrats on your purchase and man, the alloys really rock. They are complimenting the car very well and look really awesome. Enjoy your new ride and drive safe.
Old 2nd October 2008, 13:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Motorcraft Noida (sector 8?) has a good reputation. They are Service Masters (if that makes any difference). I get the other car in the family (Alto) serviced from there and atleast 4-5 of my friends go there all the way from South Delhi (including me) for the last 5-6 years. No issues with them so far, Highly recommended.
Thanks Architect, for now i have booked the car for its 1st service at MSM okhla, maybe ill get the 2nd service done at Motorcraft Noida.
As far as i know the"service masters" tag does make a difference as they are supposed to be the experts in servicing especially the company owned and operated MSMs' at Naraina & Okhla.
Seniors please throw some light on this suject, because the service really makes or breaks a car(especially diesel)?

@Abhinav S- Thanks for the good words.
Old 4th October 2008, 07:58   #23
BHPian

Hi Turbo , the Car looks great. Can you tell me how much you spent for the Alloys and tyres.
the alloys are really cool ,it compliments the car well.
Old 7th October 2008, 20:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal View Post
Hi Turbo , the Car looks great. Can you tell me how much you spent for the Alloys and tyres.
the alloys are really cool ,it compliments the car well.
Thanks a lot man.
Sorry for the delay in replying.
The tyres and alloys costed me Rs24000/-
Tyres- Yokohama 195/60/15
Alloys- Prestige Design (Chrome 10 spokes)
The reason i went for yokohamas instead of Michelin was that due to the thickness of the tyre and bigger profile the car's GC increased significantly.I personally do not low profile tyres.
Old 8th March 2009, 14:55   #25
BHPian

6 months- almost 9000Kms ownership review

Hey guys,
It has been 6 months and almost 9000 Kms in my pearl white swift Vdi and to say that i am satisfied with this car would be an understatement.
Firstly- The list of accessories added after the alloys:-
1> Xenos remote locking and gearlock system
2> Autoform Faux leather seat covers
3> Garware carbon Sunfilm with Approval certificate
4> pioneer 5090 UB, Jbl components(front)+ Jbl 300w ovals (rear)
5> Roots Megasonic Horns
6> View Mirror covers with indicators
7> Blue & white LED Flashers.
8> Aluminium+ Steel Number plates.

Now for the ownership review; i shall try and stick to the general ownership review format as followed by other Bhpians.

ENGINE- after the 2nd free service ( yet to undergo the 3rd
), the engine has definitely become smooth. The gearbox though still feels a bit hard to operate and sometimes refuses to be put in reverse gear. The diesel clatter still remains and i hope it continues to.

BUILT- The swift is an immensely practical hatch ,not a luxury saloon and the build quality is decent as per the indian standards . There have been no rattles in the body or the plastics but the right window glass ( next to the driver) rattles a bit.

FE- initially it was 17 kmpl with Ac in the city but now it it varies between 19.5 to 20 Kmpl with Ac ( please not that the tyres are upsized). Final efficiency shall be known only after the 3rd service.

Faults - the 12v socket / cigarette lighter shot one fine day and the lighter and the fuse both had to be replaced. The socket + lighter in the swift is not the usual one but only xenos(OEM) fits in the place and costs Rs150/-. Rest all upto the mark.

SERVICING - The first service was at Maruti service masters okhla and the second one was at JKM motors noida( recently opened ) , i found the 2nd service much better than the first and in future would get it done at JKM motors only.

OBSERVATIONS/CONCLUSION- The swift has kept me happy specially when the turbo comes into operation. Some of you know how Safari 2.2 was my only choice but could not convince my father ( refer confused on diesel car purchase thread), however i have not been disappointed with this car at all and who knows when one day i finally buy a safari i may not part with this little pearl white beast.
Old 9th March 2009, 14:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

congrats!!! noce to know that you are happpy with your swift i myself own a swift but a petrol.

one small suggestion as in the pic i can see that you had gone for local mudflaps go in for the orignal one's as they spoil the look of the car.
and also get them painted in white
Old 9th March 2009, 20:14   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
congrats!!! noce to know that you are happpy with your swift i myself own a swift but a petrol.

one small suggestion as in the pic i can see that you had gone for local mudflaps go in for the orignal one's as they spoil the look of the car.
and also get them painted in white
Thanks Karan, and yes ill go for white mudflaps.
here are few pics:-
Attached Thumbnails
White Swift Vdi-sw4.jpg  

White Swift Vdi-sw6.jpg  

White Swift Vdi-sw7.jpg  

White Swift Vdi-sw8.jpg  

White Swift Vdi-sw9.jpg  

White Swift Vdi-sw10.jpg  

White Swift Vdi-sw11.jpg  

White Swift Vdi-sw12.jpg  

Old 10th March 2009, 09:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Side repeaters on the ORVMs looks nice.How much did you pay for them?
Old 10th March 2009, 10:03   #29
BHPian

nice ride friend, whats the make of the horn? how much did those ORVM cost you?
Old 10th March 2009, 11:25   #30
BHPian

@ chipfoose, Ramsagar,
Actually these are view mirror covers which have LED indicators on them, they are available in chrome as well as body colour for all cars, they are made and marketed under the brand "GALIO". I got this pair for for Rs 600 ( wholesale price at Kashmere Gate, delhi).

The horns are ROOTS MEGASONIC. Initially i had fitted ROOTS VIBRASONIC but i wanted something more louder and shriller . Since we are on this topic would you suggest that i fit them behind the bumber in front ( in between the fog lamps) as there is lot of vibration in the car due to their ccurrent position?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks