Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2009, 11:55   #31
BHPian

turbo wont it damage the horn being right next to the engine? i mean all that heat and high temperatures.
but is there so much space behind the fog lamp to fix such a unit? i doubt.
Old 10th March 2009, 11:57   #32
BHPian

Heya Turbo, congrats on your new ride, the alloys looking good , i also have swift vdi and have driven 15000k till date and its still rocking and i have no issues with it.

Yes white _ vdi the oe horns are also fitted behind the fog lamps and there's enough space in it. I am planning to get Hella Red Grill or Stebel Nautilius For my Swift Vdi ,
regards
vicky

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th March 2009 at 12:03. Reason: Back to back post multiquote
Old 10th March 2009, 12:11   #33
sps
BHPian

wow nice clean look. I liked this color. very pleasant to the eyes. Whatz the small mark on top of the right side fog lamps, Is it the air bag sensor?
Old 10th March 2009, 12:13   #34
BHPian

@turbo . Superb looking swift there man!!

Which model are your front components.is the the 608c? or the 650c? Do you have and amp for the front components? How is the sound quality??
Old 10th March 2009, 13:03   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky5669 View Post
Yes white _ vdi the oe horns are also fitted behind the fog lamps and there's enough space in it. I am planning to get Hella Red Grill or Stebel Nautilius For my Swift Vdi ,
vicky i have roots windtone in my swift in the stock location only. my question was is there space for such a big unit behind the bumper? because the stock horn or windtone are quite smaller in size as compared to Nautilius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmddis View Post
@turbo . Superb looking swift there man!!

Which model are your front components.is the the 608c? or the 650c? Do you have and amp for the front components? How is the sound quality??
jmddis its 650C only.
Old 10th March 2009, 13:09   #36
BHPian

Yes there is enough space behind the fog lamps white_vdi . You can yourself remove the black cover it's clip 0n 0nly ,than you will know how space is there behind the fog lamps.
Old 10th March 2009, 13:49   #37
BHPian

yes white_vdi, i think so too as the wires connecting the horns have also become sticky due to the heat
Old 10th March 2009, 14:19   #38
BHPian

@vicky thanks , its nice to hear you enjoying your swift too.
@ sps- thanks; that is where the towing hook is attached.
@ jmddis as white_vdi said its 650c.

I had shown the car to my mechanic and even he said there is enough space but not immediately next to the fog lamps but somewhere near the centre of the car parallel to the fog lamps, but megasonic horns are quite heavy so it is important that they are fixed properly and the place where they are bolted takes their weight.
Old 10th March 2009, 19:46   #39
TOR
BHPian

Nice ORVM covers!

Could you throw some 'light' on how the integrated indicators connections are run from the ORVM's to the stock wiring.

The horns are massive and will be destroyed by water(during rains) if fitted low down without protection.

Also dont think the same will fit behind the fogs(space there is limited).

The trim around the fogs are of a flimsy built and the locks on the same will no sit properly when repeatedly removed-do take care.
Old 10th March 2009, 20:17   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
Nice ORVM covers!

Could you throw some 'light' on how the integrated indicators connections are run from the ORVM's to the stock wiring.

The horns are massive and will be destroyed by water(during rains) if fitted low down without protection.

Also dont think the same will fit behind the fogs(space there is limited).

The trim around the fogs are of a flimsy built and the locks on the same will no sit properly when repeatedly removed-do take care.

The fuse box is somewhere above the accelerator ; firstly the colour of OEM wires connecting the stock indicators is ascertained by seeing the fuse( pertaining to indicators). Then the plastic panel on the floor towards right of the driver's seat is opened ( as the wires from the fusebox to the rear of the vehicle are going through it), a cut is made in the relevant wire and a new wire is attached to it which is then taken upto( concealed in the plastic pannel) the internal adjustment stick/lever of the ORVM.Then it is taken out through the ORVM, the same is done for left hand ORVM . It is a neat process and the wire is not visible inside the car at all.
Hope my poor explanation helps if not then i shall upload detailed pics tomorrow.
here are two pics showing the wire connecting ORVM indicator and the desired position of Horns as i want them to be fitted.
Attached Thumbnails
White Swift Vdi-sw9a.jpg  

White Swift Vdi-sw4a.jpg  

Old 10th March 2009, 22:20   #41
Team-BHP Support

Dont put the horn there (as per diagram) it will block the air flow for the radiator and partially for the turbo inter-cooler.
Old 11th March 2009, 00:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

the best place to mount the horns in a swift is behind the fog's there is enough space i got mine (horns hella red grills) installed there,even the oe horns are still there in the stock location
Old 11th March 2009, 11:19   #43
BHPian

i agree with karan the best place will be behind the fogs, turbo what about your OE horns how much you paid for the roots?
Old 12th March 2009, 10:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

tourbo, congrats mate on your purchase, white swift looks damn cool, vdi best among it, led orvm's looks super cool.Regarding your roots horn, i guess where you got them fitted as per your picture, i guess as jaggu said, it would block the airflow intake for its radiator and turbo intercooler, so better place them behind the foglamps where it has space and better grip to handle its screwing.Have a safe ride.Also looking to see your interiors pics along with its ICE setup.CHEERS!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks