Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2008, 05:41   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
No Xeta has ONLY one reverse light.

The other is dummy. Really!
- but someone was telling that the other is for an optional rear fog lamp - didn't make sense to me though...
Old 1st October 2008, 08:41   #92
BHPian

Quote:
I find it simply weird that even the manual does not mandate turbo usage in run-in!
really strange, i agree. when i asked the engineer at the showroom about it, he thought for a moment and said that probably since most of the users dont know about RPMs and use of turbo, the "kmph" would make more sense to them. whatever...
Old 1st October 2008, 08:56   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Xeta has ONLY one reverse light.

The other is dummy. Really!
gah phamilyman, here's the whole thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...p-indicas.html
Old 1st October 2008, 19:04   #94
BHPian

on advice from a senior member here who TDed my car, i have moved my "benchmark" RPM for gear shifts to a range of 1700-2000 RPM...looks like this would be better for the car.
Old 1st October 2008, 19:54   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
on advice from a senior member here who TDed my car
It will be helpful for all (future) owners of Vistas if the reasons are documented here. That is the purpose of an online forum, right?
Old 2nd October 2008, 10:04   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
- but someone was telling that the other is for an optional rear fog lamp - didn't make sense to me though...
both reverse lights are working in my Xeta GLX n the car has separate red reverse fog lamps

Last edited by tushky : 2nd October 2008 at 10:05.
Old 2nd October 2008, 11:04   #97
BHPian

First FE Update:

I filled the tank fully yesterday with IOC normal diesel and found the FE to be 14.22 kmpl. it was entirely run in city conditions with almost 100% AC. not bad for the run-in period i suppose.

I had filled her up with the same fuel, at the same location (IOC Shivam - Begumpet) last friday when I took delivery of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
It will be helpful for all (future) owners of Vistas if the reasons are documented here. That is the purpose of an online forum, right?
he felt there was a danger of slight wobbling on up-shifting before the gear reaches the top of its power band.

I'll ask him put in his comments here soon.

for up-shifting i was relying more on the speedo rather than the tacho, but since yesterday i changed my style. after that i observed my own driving style for some time and discovered that earlier, i was instinctively managing any wobbling by revving and pressing the clutch a little longer than required (a habit ingrained after years of driving the V2 i suppose!). I had never felt any wobbling as a result. with my changed style i find the shifting feels much smoother and easier. i hope for a tiny increase in FE too.

as a result, the up-shifting speed has increased very marginally for all occasions except for the shift from 1st to 2nd which i do at the same speed as before (@5 - 10 kmph).

and phamily-saab, i will get to enjoy the turbo a little more now!

Last edited by CtrlAltDel : 2nd October 2008 at 11:13.
Old 2nd October 2008, 12:24   #98
Senior - BHPian

Who needs a thread, when you have the car in the family!

@C-A-D: That's the way to go. I am still toes crossed for an asap delivery of the Swift. I will be running it in only at 2200 RPM. No matter what anyone tells me - that lovely turbo is MEANT to be used!!
Old 2nd October 2008, 12:45   #99
BHPian

@C-A-D: The Red colour Vista looks stunning. The best part of the Vista seem to be the Headlights that give it an Aggressive look. The Vista Ad also made this Red colour stand out. Had the opportunity to drive past a Red Vista in Trivandrum, at night. The Central Speedometer console looked great with its lighting. The car was really spacious and wide.So you have bought a great car.The car definitely needs an upgrade of Tyres and a set of good looking Alloys. It will be a Stunner.

@phamilyman: I am waiting for my Swift VDI just like you and may have to forget ABS like you, for the sake of faster delivery.Hope we get our cars soon and maybe on the same day
Old 2nd October 2008, 14:56   #100
Senior - BHPian

Sir my hope currently is tomorrow or worst case day after any which way, even if I have to jump up and down with the dealer's team.
Old 2nd October 2008, 16:32   #101
Senior - BHPian

Good looking car....TATA can expect some good sales from this....Do i see waiting period for SWIFT going down
Old 2nd October 2008, 20:09   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Sir my hope currently is tomorrow or worst case day after any which way, even if I have to jump up and down with the dealer's team.
wish u all the best!

to ensure they dont delay the delivery of my Vista (they delayed it by a week), i used call them up almost every other day and made myself a pest in general. finally i was the first customer to take delivery after the stock arrived from Pune - i guess they made sure i was the first just to shut me up
Old 2nd October 2008, 20:26   #103
Senior - BHPian

We have two Indica Vita owners on the forum. ( Cars delivered) Any owners from NC as yet? I am yet to see any VIstas on he road in NCR other than the Demo cars with the dealers.
Old 2nd October 2008, 21:20   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
to ensure they dont delay the delivery of my Vista (they delayed it by a week), i used call them up almost every other day and made myself a pest in general.
@phamilyman: The technique used by C-A-D is very good and it should work. We need to keep the dealer reminded of the fact that we have booked a car with them and we are expecting it. Else they may give our car to someone who is better at the department of calling them up every now and then.

When it comes to buying such cars with huge waiting period I think the person who can disturb the Dealer with the maximum number of calls will get the car faster
Old 2nd October 2008, 21:36   #105
Senior - BHPian

sarkar, I have lost count of the # of times I have personally called their ED during a day

the frustration and chaos is simply indescribable.

Most Viewed