Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 00:23   #106
BHPian

Btw, where is the engine temperature gauge in the Vista ?? Didn't seem to notice it....maybe my eyes have gone bad
Old 3rd October 2008, 01:07   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
We have two Indica Vita owners on the forum. ( Cars delivered) Any owners from NC as yet? I am yet to see any VIstas on he road in NCR other than the Demo cars with the dealers.
Have not seen a single Vista in NCR region. anyone got it yet?
Old 3rd October 2008, 01:09   #108
Senior - BHPian

Make that 2 harry
Not even 1!
Old 3rd October 2008, 01:28   #109
Senior - BHPian

@Abhinav - I really wonder whats the reason - Lack of buying people or supply is slow!
Old 3rd October 2008, 09:33   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirsarkar View Post
Btw, where is the engine temperature gauge in the Vista ?? Didn't seem to notice it....maybe my eyes have gone bad
haha...its not visible in the pictures...

the temp gauge is now digital and is present along with the odo and trip display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10
Have not seen a single Vista in NCR region. anyone got it yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88
Make that 2 harry
Not even 1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10
I really wonder whats the reason - Lack of buying people or supply is slow
tho the dealer said they had 80 bookings, i have seen only 4 other Vistas on road in hyderabad (a blue, an orange and another red). the wait period is now 4 to 6 weeks and the dealer said Tatas are now stepping up production to reduce the wait further.

but i am not complaining - lemme enjoy the attention until the vista becomes common place on the roads
Old 3rd October 2008, 11:59   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@Abhinav - I really wonder whats the reason - Lack of buying people or supply is slow!
It must be lack of demo cars! I had a hard time getting a TD in NOIDA.

The New Delhi dealers would not be ready to drive their vehicles to my office for a TD and most of the Ghaziabad dealers do not even have a demo car!!

It was only after around 3 visits (well ... the car would either be at the workshop or out for a whole day of TDs ) to the Automobile Sterling in NOIDA that they managed to arrange a TD for me.

BTW, did I tell you guys that I am booking my car in December cheers:
Old 3rd October 2008, 12:00   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
well , i dont know how else to rephrase it...

i have a better idea...i will take pix and post em here.
@ C-A-D : Would be obliged if you can!
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:22   #113
Senior - BHPian

Vista owners can enjoy the exclusivity. Yesterday I hired an Indicab when the owner told em that Vista is not available as a taxi. So seems TATA is not ready to give Vista a taxi status. Even the older indicas for taxi purpose would be available only in White and silver color. This is what he told me as his new Indica taxi will come on 8th Oct.
Old 4th October 2008, 01:44   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Vista owners can enjoy the exclusivity. Yesterday I hired an Indicab when the owner told em that Vista is not available as a taxi. So seems TATA is not ready to give Vista a taxi status. Even the older indicas for taxi purpose would be available only in White and silver color. This is what he told me as his new Indica taxi will come on 8th Oct.
Now thats a relief and may kill all the ongoing Vista taxi talks in various threads.
Old 7th October 2008, 20:56   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Good to know that. The vista deserves more than a taxi stamp on it. The problem is the similar looks - people may still look at it as a taxi.
What do the present Vista owners feel - do people who see your new car still think its an indica / taxi?
Old 9th October 2008, 18:06   #116
BHPian

i had booked vista qjd aura for my wife on 20th of sep and was promised delivery in 3 to 4 weeks before diwali now they say its going to take 7 weeks i am thinking of cancelling my booking
Old 9th October 2008, 18:14   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
i had booked vista qjd aura for my wife on 20th of sep and was promised delivery in 3 to 4 weeks before diwali now they say its going to take 7 weeks i am thinking of cancelling my booking
Did they gave any reason for extending it?
Old 9th October 2008, 21:43   #118
BHPian

ya they said the top end aura version production has not started so they cant say when they can give delivery also i had booked black colour and they said its difficult to get black so i told they i might change to aqua and gave them another choice of colour red then they said they have 22 bookings so far and they have got only 6 cars till now maybe tata must be having problems with production due to nano project beeing shifted from w bengal to gujrath
there is 1 car in the showroom solar orange they wanted me to take it but i hate that colour and so do others i think cause its still there
Old 9th October 2008, 23:27   #119
Senior - BHPian

I actually saw a vista here today - only the front headlights helped me identify it. Didnt catch the rear end!
Looks a little more impressive than the indica.
Old 10th October 2008, 10:27   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
First FE Update:

I filled the tank fully yesterday with IOC normal diesel and found the FE to be 14.22 kmpl. it was entirely run in city conditions with almost 100% AC. not bad for the run-in period i suppose.

I had filled her up with the same fuel, at the same location (IOC Shivam - Begumpet) last friday when I took delivery of the car.
Second FE Update:

I filled her up 2 days ago and the mileage now is 15.2 kmpl. Same pump, city conditions, 100% AC.

i attribute the improvement to my changed driving style - i upshift between 1700-2000 now. i am continuing my defensive driving practices and have not yet revved her fully. actually there is no opportunity to rev for long in city, except in 2 or 3 places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss
What do the present Vista owners feel - do people who see your new car still think its an indica / taxi?
didnt face the problem yet. as far as I could see, people recognize it as something new and stop to ask me questions or gawk at it from their cars (esp cabbies). since presently there are not many Vistas around, the exclusivity is fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap
they said the top end aura version production has not started
thats not true. i have got an Aura and couple of other Vistas i have seen on the road are all Auras. even the demo cars here are Auras.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap
maybe tata must be having problems with production due to nano project beeing shifted from w bengal to gujrath
i dont know how that will affect the production. Vistas are being made in Pune.

they say the wait period is now around 6 weeks. i hope it doesnt grow further like Swift's

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks