Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2008, 20:56   #61
Senior - BHPian

If not the verna engine
Atleast they should have used the engine which is coming in the linea.
the 1.3MJD with VGT giving 90bhp.
Will have been better than this atleast.
Old 19th October 2008, 18:13   #62
BHPian

The car looks amazing, interiors are stunning....
This car deserves all that hype given in European markets.

Congrats for owning one for yourself. I envy.
Old 19th October 2008, 19:31   #63
BHPian

good choice omar, but not many places you can that baby out in Agra, maybe the M.G. Road, but anyways the 500's quite a head turner.
Old 19th October 2008, 20:17   #64
BANNED

Congrats Omar,

Do post the pics as soon as you get the car on hand.Dont worry about other comment on the car / purchase.You liked it ,you bought it.dont look back even if its a hasty decision.cheers:
Old 19th October 2008, 23:07   #65
BHPian

Thanks Guys, I will 100 % put the pics.
Old 20th October 2008, 01:24   #66
BHPian

Thats a great news omar. Chalo atleast they mailed you the status of your car.
By the way i wanted to know, whats the stock rim size and the rubber (brand) offered on the car. Anyone?? who knows.
Old 20th October 2008, 01:26   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can't agree more. But why would Fiat use a Hyndai engine?
It's a really good engine. The only reason why the Verna isn't considered a performance car is bcoz the chassis/suspension dont compliment the engine.

Shan2nu
Old 20th October 2008, 09:00   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragra View Post
Hi Guys,

I have been around these forums for quiet some time now but was unable to post as my account was not activated !!, and thanks to Team BHP member i was kept in constant update regarding the launch of the 500, I have ordered a Pasodoble Red 500 in sports 1.3 MJ diesel on the 26th of July and expect the delivery in the 3rd week of November.

Now many of you will just say that I am a rich spoilt brat or I am stupid to get a two door "FROG"

I had seen this car in UK and actually see it everyday as I am student here in Oxford, and I love it, I am also a member of a 500 club here so I exchange views with other owners and there feedback is that it is an amazing car.

Currently I have a Swift ZXI back in India and it is a lovely car but unfortunately the avergae is ver low between 5-7 KM per litre, so I had to change my car which is only 3 years old, I considered the Fabia but when I came to know the 500 is coming I knew I would just get it.

It was quiet hard to convince my father, who was also right on his part that it is too expensive as it was a small car but still I some how managed it and trust me I am not one of the showy guys, when I buy something I know what I am buying.

Cheers
Omar
Hi,

SWIFT-ZXI giving 5-7kmpl????

Buddy,I have a SWIFT VXI which I am driving for last three years and it has never given me anything less than 13kmpl in city with full AC and I hope you must be aware about road & traffic conditions in Pune.
Old 20th October 2008, 09:07   #69
Senior - BHPian

The Car Looks Beautiful !! The Interiors are stunning. No wonder all the hyoe this car generates. A bit expensive but then it's Imported so it is twice the cost.

I would not give it a second thought if I had to buy it in UK.

PS - A lot of people suddenly popping from Agra now buying all the expensive cars !!
Omar & sportycarman - TIme to have a Agra Meet. Probably the forst of its kind with a 500 !!
Old 20th October 2008, 10:24   #70
BHPian

omar- lovely car and congrats!! i don't mean to be a spoilsport but i think its a bit unfair and stupid on FIAT's part to be offering this car with the same engine that powers the swift and vista, its a beautiful engine but when one is paying close to 15 l i think that they could have plonked it something a bit more exotic, even the twin cam 1.6 would have been more suitable. sometimes i think that they have chimps making these decisions at FIAT
Old 20th October 2008, 12:31   #71
BHPian

Yes my Swift gives an average between 5-7 KMPL !! Got it checked at 3 different places, now no more swift (It's a super car, but unfortunately it has to go now). As far as the engine matters, I think it's gonna be fine with me. It's the car's design I'm after, so "I wouldn't mind a Ferrari with a Toyota's engine !! LOL" that was the quote from my friend Kevin from China !!

Cheers
Old 23rd October 2008, 16:08   #72
BHPian

yeah. its a beautiful car. the pics posted till now shows it.

congrats Omar..

Avi

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd October 2008 at 16:10. Reason: see note in post
Old 31st October 2008, 04:01   #73
BHPian

Hi everyone,

Just an update, the car has reached the docks in Bombay and it will take 10-15 days before it finally reaches the dealer in New Delhi !!

I'm pretty excited, but unfortunately I am stuck in UK till the 5th of December.

Cheers

Omar
Old 31st October 2008, 08:04   #74
Team-BHP Support

I spotted the first (or so I think) Fiat 500 delivered in Pune. Is driven by a lady. Looks cute on her. Nice road presence and a head turner albeit its no super car.
Old 29th November 2008, 13:34   #75
BHPian

It's Here

It's finally here, I will post pictures next week once I am in India.

Thanks to everyone.

My salute to the brave soldiers and Policemen who lost their lives in defending my mother land in the Mumbai Attacks. My prayer to the victims

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks