Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2008, 11:42   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
i guess you are expecting a bit too much for your lancer pal
1.75-1.85 would be quite a realistic amount for a 2001 model.
i drive a petra which came with integrated fiat tape and radio and four magnificient speakers.there is place for two more.i recently got the stock tape removed and fitted sony xplode HU with aux input facility and persisted with the same speakers and the out put is amazing.
Perhaps you are right, Shanty. But my wife took the car to the dealer and he offered a laughable 70k for the Lancer . I burst out laughing and told me wife to return home and decided we keep the Lancer instead of letting it go off at the price of a scrap. Sometimes, I wonder if car dealers work in the guise of a scrap dealer. Nonetheless, they have their own ideas of evaluating a vehicle and I took it with a pinch of salt. Will run the Lancer till the loan period expires.
Old 13th December 2008, 15:39   #92
BHPian

The dealer would had then sell the Lancer for 1.5L+

So what did you decide on Palio 1.6 Stile?
Old 15th December 2008, 12:50   #93
BHPian

hi, great to read this thread, need to know who is better at A.S.S . in Mumbai. Wasan or Concorde?
Old 15th December 2008, 17:32   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Perhaps you are right, Shanty. But my wife took the car to the dealer and he offered a laughable 70k for the Lancer . I burst out laughing and told me wife to return home and decided we keep the Lancer instead of letting it go off at the price of a scrap. Sometimes, I wonder if car dealers work in the guise of a scrap dealer. Nonetheless, they have their own ideas of evaluating a vehicle and I took it with a pinch of salt. Will run the Lancer till the loan period expires.
i guess you will have to find a individual to sell your car rather than a dealer.if your car is in good condition you will get that much.
Old 15th December 2008, 20:54   #95
BHPian

Where is Concorde's workshop located guys. Also did you forget Fortune Motors, or has that closed down as well.

Last edited by michael schume : 15th December 2008 at 20:55.
Old 16th December 2008, 18:41   #96
BHPian

I took the car again to the dealer at the weekend. The guy had me call some third party and get his views. I was told to expect a price between 1.5-1.7 lacs for the Lancer, which is still an agreeable price. I made my displeasure felt at the dealership that when my wife got the car, they quoted 70k. Are they trying to cheat some uninformed customer? What if I did not know much about cars and their used prices? I would have been taken for a ride and the dealer would have happily made a wholesome profit out of it.

Nonetheless, I have suspended the plan of going for the Stile 1.6 because I won't get the desired price for my old car. Its still atleast 30k off the mark and I would not benefit much from the resale.

Thanks for your suggestions, guys.
Old 16th December 2008, 23:53   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael schume View Post
Where is Concorde's workshop located guys. Also did you forget Fortune Motors, or has that closed down as well.
The Concorde workshop is located at Worli Naka, Off E Moses Road. Its actually the Tata Motors workshop, which has been hived off to the new company- Concorde Motors
Old 17th December 2008, 11:30   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
hi, great to read this thread, need to know who is better at A.S.S . in Mumbai. Wasan or Concorde?
Between the 2 you mentioned, Wasan is oldest and experienced for TATA service. Last when I serviced my car for the 1st service, experience was good though i cant predict how exactly they are when it comes to troubleshooting FIAT cars!

No idea about Concorde as they are new at Mumbai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael schume View Post

Fortune is still open to TATA-FIAT at Nerul, Powai and Thane.
Old 5th March 2009, 11:56   #99
BHPian

Hi,

My Palio Stile 1.6 now is scheduled for 2nd Service. It has run only 4000kms in 6 months!

My first service was done at Wasan Motors at Deonar. Experience was okay as nothing major had to be done in it. Just wash n top ups.

Problems that i've to rectify is:
1. Rattles in Dashboard while in lower gears
2. humming noise when releasing the clutch from 1st Gear
3. Right side Tail light replacement (Had a kiss with the Truck's bumper)
4. Antenna replacement (Cat seemed to tried sharpenin her teeth on it)
5. Wheel alighment
6. Horn area on the steering wheel not quite effective when pressed on right side

Extras:
Bardhal Oil additive - is it worth to try now or should i stick with recommended one? What is the recommended Oil and which manufacturer for Palio 1.6!

The 2nd service booklet also says :

'Clean throttle body & fuel injector, if required'
'Check engine managment system on examiner (including radiator fan operation)'

Should I recommend them to do the above? The second pt. is it checking the ECU for errors?

I do have some deep scratches but I dont intend to remove them now..as it keeps adding in some other time

Please advise...I may go in this weekend for 2nd Service at Wasan@Chembur.
Old 5th March 2009, 12:09   #100
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Extras:
Bardhal Oil additive - is it worth to try now
The above is not needed. This was what Gautam was referring to in PUG.
Old 5th March 2009, 12:14   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
'Clean throttle body & fuel injector, if required'
You have done only 4k kms, I don't think this is required now.
Quote:
'Check engine managment system on examiner (including radiator fan operation)'
Yes, this is done on the ECU examiner.
Old 7th April 2009, 11:19   #102
BHPian

Ball Pen Ink smeared on bonnet!!

hi,

Yest night dont know how, there was big drops of Blue ball pen ink on the car cover which i didn't noticed it and it got smeared on the bonnet right in the center while puttin the cover back to the car :((

Some kids probably poured the ink on the cover!!!

Cleanin with water is useless. I tried to rub it off as much as possible using dry cloth. But I still see the big stain on the bonnet. Now when you rub your hand on the stain, you dont feel it as the stain is now on the paint surface just like a plain smooth surface. I hope you getting what i'm saying..

Any idea what should I do to get it off? Will that stain go off or a paint touch up is the only solution?

I had sleepless night yest thinking about intermittently getting scratches and now stains in my 7 month old baby!
Old 7th April 2009, 15:45   #103
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
hi,
Yest night dont know how, there was big drops of Blue ball pen ink on the car cover which i didn't noticed it and it got smeared on the bonnet right in the center while puttin the cover back to the car :((
Acetone should help you removing the stain. In case of unavailability, you can always use "nail paint remover" or any "deo spray". If you are using concentrate acetone, take it on the cloth first and then try to wipe the stain. Of course if you take too less of acetone, the stain can spread in stead of being wiped off. So don't panic if the stain spreads a little bit in the start.
If you want to use deo sprays, you can spray it directly on the stain and wipe off immediately before deo evaporates. If stain is too large, you may need to repeat spray-wipe process for some time (preferably with diffrent cloths or at least with clean side of the cloth everytime).

Don't worry, you don't need a touch up for that!
And hope you get your sound sleep back!
Old 7th April 2009, 16:29   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
Acetone should help you removing the stain. In case of unavailability, you can always use "nail paint remover" or any "deo spray". If you are using concentrate acetone, take it on the cloth first and then try to wipe the stain. Of course if you take too less of acetone, the stain can spread in stead of being wiped off. So don't panic if the stain spreads a little bit in the start.
If you want to use deo sprays, you can spray it directly on the stain and wipe off immediately before deo evaporates. If stain is too large, you may need to repeat spray-wipe process for some time (preferably with diffrent cloths or at least with clean side of the cloth everytime).

Don't worry, you don't need a touch up for that!
And hope you get your sound sleep back!
Gr8. My wife also suggested me the nail paint remover but i was skeptical to do so as if it really removes my car paint ) in the end it shouldnt turn up to be a "car paint remover"

I'll try this today itself and get back with the results, hopefully positive...thanks dude!
Old 7th April 2009, 16:32   #105
Senior - BHPian

@ rudrah - first try it on the painted bumper near the wheel arch and then try it on the bonnet. just in case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks