Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:06   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umapathy1972 View Post
I own a Palio Stile Sport (Red) for the past one and a half year, done 41,000 kms.
i have no complains on the service of Fiat as well as Tata. Excellent. i do my service with manipal motors where i bought my Palio.
41,000 kms in one and a half year

Do you run your Palio across countries??

Glad to see a happy FIAT Palio customer. The service is gradually improving and a good positive sign for FIAT!
Old 27th April 2009, 11:06   #122

after my palio, i have stopped any means of public transport :-).
Old 9th July 2009, 18:48   #123
BHPian

Water clog in the Rear Brake light and Wiper blade sound

Case 1:

After every car wash, I notice water marks (dry ones) inside the rear brake light on the windshield. I used to think may be it was by default since i bought the car.

Now after rains, I see quite no. of water droplets inside the brake light. Thats when i realized there is a gap from where the water penetrates. I'm still clueless how the water enters in.

Any idea how I can block the water entering?

Case 2:

When front wipers run, it makes a dry sound bit loud when the rubber reaches the top end(the one on driver side). Is this normal or a problem? Can this be solved?

Case 3:

Also the water in the washer seems on empty side as when i trigger it, there is very less of water coming out that too not in jet force.

What solution can i put in and how much quantity?
Old 10th July 2009, 11:15   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Case 1:
Now after rains, I see quite no. of water droplets inside the brake light. Thats when i realized there is a gap from where the water penetrates. I'm still clueless how the water enters in.

Any idea how I can block the water entering?
Do you mean to say the third stop light? if yes, then check the rubber beading/washer on the rear wind shield - check for cracks

if it is ok - open the bootlid and see if the rubber washer that holds the roof mould is ok - i think the real culprit is this washer

or else check the water jet (washer) for the rear wind shield.

Quote:
Case 2:

When front wipers run, it makes a dry sound bit loud when the rubber reaches the top end(the one on driver side). Is this normal or a problem? Can this be solved?
time to get a new wiper - cheap/temporary solution - rub the wiper blades with cotton soaked with glycerin (spelling??)

Quote:
Case 3:

Also the water in the washer seems on empty side as when i trigger it, there is very less of water coming out that too not in jet force.

What solution can i put in and how much quantity?
clean the front jets with a string of copper wiper / string from a tooth brush.

i use colin and mix with water and fill up the washer tank till it over flows. (colin:water - 1:3)
Old 10th July 2009, 14:24   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Do you mean to say the third stop light? if yes, then check the rubber beading/washer on the rear wind shield - check for cracks

if it is ok - open the bootlid and see if the rubber washer that holds the roof mould is ok - i think the real culprit is this washer

or else check the water jet (washer) for the rear wind shield.

time to get a new wiper - cheap/temporary solution - rub the wiper blades with cotton soaked with glycerin (spelling??)

clean the front jets with a string of copper wiper / string from a tooth brush.

i use colin and mix with water and fill up the washer tank till it over flows. (colin:water - 1:3)
Case 1:
You are right, its the third stop light on the top rear windshield. I've to check for the rubber beading/washer or a crack.

Today after starting the car, I observed water leaking from inside the stop light cover on the windshield(on the inner side of the car)

Case 2:
I'll try your formula cleaning wiper blade. Seems a bad quality rubber or due to unused wipers for so long has become too hard.

Case 3:
I don't have colin. I'll try getting a ready made windshield washer liquid.

Thanks a lot for your help, Rocker!

Cheers~
Old 10th July 2009, 15:04   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Case 1:
You are right, its the third stop light on the top rear windshield. I've to check for the rubber beading/washer or a crack.

Today after starting the car, I observed water leaking from inside the stop light cover on the windshield(on the inner side of the car)
then it is the windshield rubber - get it checked / replaced - sit inside the car - ask someone to pour a mug of water at the edge of the roof and the bootlid - the water should seep inside from there - check the water drainage line (rubber washer) near the roof mould / boot lid.

Quote:
Case 2:
I'll try your formula cleaning wiper blade. Seems a bad quality rubber or due to unused wipers for so long has become too hard.
lemme know if that helps.

Quote:
Case 3:
I don't have colin. I'll try getting a ready made windshield washer liquid.

Thanks a lot for your help, Rocker!
- you don't use colin at home? if not - top it up with plain water - the handbook has details on how you can change the water jet pressure / flow / direction.
Old 10th July 2009, 16:51   #127
Senior - BHPian

The water in the high stop light at the top of the rear windshield is probably coming from the top – check all beadings.

Replace all wiper blades at least every two years (preferably every year). Otherwise they become hard and start scratching the glass (besides not wiping properly).

That foggy appearance is due to dirty glass / wiper blade. Clean the glass with a windshield shampoo (Sonax is good) or good old Colin spray. Add glass shampoo / windshield cleaner to the washer reservoir alongwith clean water. Spray liberally when using wipers.

If it is actual condensation on the windshield use A/c. judiciously - with / without ventilation as per requirement. There is a nice article about this by GTO somewhere here.

Cheers,
Old 9th March 2010, 17:55   #128
BHPian

Car has now done 14k kms in 1.6 years

Its been almost 8 months i've updated this thread! The car has done around 14k kms in 1.6 years which I know is very less. With me being a new driver on the roads, it has given me enough pleasure I could expect in that price bracket! Yes, there were niggling issues due to poor quality. But that overcomes once I touch the highways

It has consistently given me a FE of 9.8-11kms/ltr in City and highways around 14+.

Its still a head turner no questions about it? Why? Because there is no Stile 1.6 Sports Formula Red in my City So I enjoy the exclusivity. I still see people go circles round the car or comment with curious expressions.

I've seen people getting confused for a Punto! I heard one saying "Yeh Punto hai" hehehe

The most cute one was when i was passing through a lane, I saw couple of kids shouting "FIAT" and a mother telling her small daughter "No its not ... its a FIAT". This is somethin I've never experienced for other cars ofcourse excluding the Mercs, BMW, Audis.

The ownership till date has been good with no major issues. I've heating issues at the moment which I would soon be sorting out by Radiator flushing orelse let the service guys troubleshoot it.

Service has been expecting my needs thou it could have been much better if FIAT had its own garage. These ants like TATA cars has just made it suffocating when you enter there.
Found a good service center, i.e Fortune Cars at Powai where there have old FIAT mechs with older FIAT cars experience. So its easy for them identify the problems and the history behind the cars and its problems.

No modification done. Just added the old 100 16v monograms to side fenders. I may add running board in future or the S10 side skirts!

Well this being the last lots of the 1.6 DOHC 16v 100 PS engine, its sad it will no more reproduce a new gen in existing or upcoming FIAT cars. Feels lucky to own one like this.

Its just love at first sight and I'm still Loving It

Driving my FireBird -> Palio Stile 1.6 Formula Red-aa.jpg

Driving my FireBird -> Palio Stile 1.6 Formula Red-ab.jpg

Cheers~
Old 9th March 2010, 18:05   #129
BHPian

Nice little review buddy. Straight from the heart. Liked it. ..

Get rid of the front number plate. Lot of Palio Stile owners here in Mumbai have done it and it looks nice. You can paint/stick the number on the front.
Old 10th March 2010, 12:00   #130
BHPian

Fiat Free check up camp on March 13th & 14th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Nice little review buddy. Straight from the heart. Liked it. ..

Get rid of the front number plate. Lot of Palio Stile owners here in Mumbai have done it and it looks nice. You can paint/stick the number on the front.
Thanks for your comment, Cartman. Reg the number plate, i was initially looking for the square shaped having embossed numbers with Ashok chakra in it. But couldnt find it here. Anyways I shall think upon it.

Wanted to update something, as most TBhpians driving FIAT cars are aware of the Fiat Free check up camp started all over. The camp for Mumbai, Thane and Kalyan is scheduled on March 13th and 14th 2010. Yesterday I got a call from Mr. Rajendra - Service Advisor FIAT of Fortune Cars@Powai. He is personally calling to whosoever nos he has. Below is the link for details of the location where the camps are held:

http://fiat-india.com/servicecamp.aspx

Myself, along with Roms and other PUG members would be visiting Fortune Cars at Powai on Sunday early morning around 10am. Anyone wishes to join us?

The benefits of this camp which is as below:

1. Free vehicle check up
2. Free top up of oils, coolant & battery fluids
3. Special discounts on spares & labour
4. Complimentary gifts

I guess if major of our members are meeting at Fortune Cars @Powai, it will be a mini meet. I guess Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar, FIAT CSM would also be visiting us those days. Good chance to convey any issues faced with dealers and service.

Cheers~
Old 11th March 2010, 07:44   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Wanted to update something, as most TBhpians driving FIAT cars are aware of the Fiat Free check up camp started all over. The camp for Mumbai, Thane and Kalyan is scheduled on March 13th and 14th 2010. Yesterday I got a call from Mr. Rajendra - Service Advisor FIAT of Fortune Cars@Powai. He is personally calling to whosoever nos he has. Below is the link for details of the location where the camps are held:

Fiat India

Myself, along with Roms and other PUG members would be visiting Fortune Cars at Powai on Sunday early morning around 10am. Anyone wishes to join us?
Cheers~
Rudrah, hope to see you at Fortune on Sunday. I am planning to take my GP for the checkup.
Old 11th March 2010, 15:09   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Rudrah, hope to see you at Fortune on Sunday. I am planning to take my GP for the checkup.
Glad to hear for your participation! If you see a Formula Red Stile 1.6 with the PUG logo at the front and rear with MH-43 series, thats mine or a Palio S10, thats Roms. We will be reaching there at 9.30am and will be around with Mr. Rajendra.
Old 11th March 2010, 16:57   #133
BHPian

Great report and 'fantastic' pictures . You know the reason for that smiley, isn't it?

I think the side skirts of the S10 will do complete justice to the side profile of the Palio Stile. It should help disguise the slightly raised rear suspension on the Stile apart from looking sporty and 'cool'.

Also, since the car has done about 14 K kms already, I think its time you get your tyres rotated, if not done already.

And yes, the Palio Stile and the S10 shall have a meet this Sunday, 14th March at Fortune Powai at 9.30 ish in the morning for Fiat's free check up camp. Any more Fiats interested to join in ? Lets see how successful / helpful this event turns out for us Fiat owners.

@ Arishi 1- Come along, we shall definitely meet on Sunday.

Last edited by roms : 11th March 2010 at 17:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks