Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2008, 13:04   #241
BHPian

Hi nurni

This was on my trips between Bangalore and Hyderabad. I was able to touch speeds of 150 kmph once on the empty stretches and since the roads are being 4 laned, had to slow down from 80-100 kmph to 20-30 kmph every time there was a diversion (and there is one almost every 5-6 km)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
I have got a mileage of 15-16 on highway driving with AC on for 75% time on my SX4. I dunno if the mileage figure of 18 that they have quoted is with AC on or not.
Old 28th October 2008, 13:49   #242
Senior - BHPian

Guys, As regards to the power and performance numbers, Isn't it natural to lose some when you add safety and tight emission controls (self imposed by Honda )?
The car should not be compared to OHC etc., Someone should really find the wheel HP for these cars. I would be happy to contribute if we can do that for most cars through TBHP.

Last edited by srishiva : 28th October 2008 at 13:52.
Old 28th October 2008, 14:36   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, As regards to the power and performance numbers, Isn't it natural to lose some when you add safety and tight emission controls (self imposed by Honda )?
Not really, bhp is bhp irrespective of what sort of engine norms it has to face.

The P/W ratio of this car is 105bhp/ton while the OHC was 107bhp/ton. A 2 bhp/ton drop wont cause such a difference in performance.

Either the G3HC is not producing 116bhp or the OHC had more than the claimed 106bhp.

Shan2nu
Old 28th October 2008, 15:29   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Not really, bhp is bhp irrespective of what sort of engine norms it has to face.

The P/W ratio of this car is 105bhp/ton while the OHC was 107bhp/ton. A 2 bhp/ton drop wont cause such a difference in performance.

Either the G3HC is not producing 116bhp or the OHC had more than the claimed 106bhp.

Shan2nu
Dont forget the gearing, mate.
Old 29th October 2008, 00:25   #245
Senior - BHPian

HC - New city beast unleashed??

Surely the New City looks more definitely male with its more European flairs, straight lines etc... and certainly nice job done on those pics taken... looks like a good package but must see how it fares against competition.. in a way there is not much of it in the segment it is gunning for with Corolla moving up.. SX4 beater???... power seems adequate enough...waiting for the test drive...but one question why did they fit in those beemer tail lights?? not sure if it gels with the flow... what say???
Old 29th October 2008, 01:47   #246
BHPian

Hi,
Small News update:

The new Honda city will come in two accessory packages.

1. Elegance Package : Includes Side strips, Bumper guards,side skirts? etc. Price Rs : 21000/-

2. Illumination package : Includes fog lamps, door step garnish with lights, sort of puddle lamps for front doors. Price Rs. 25000/-

Am not sure about exact details of these packages but if the second package price is real then it is worth it, cause only the City ZX fog lamps used to cost 25000 I think, until they started giving it for free.

And I do realise there are cheaper options available aftermarket, but I am a big believer in going for original fittings, atleast on the electricals front, even one gets overcharged.

Also the Beige and Black colors will not be available atleast till the end of December, their production will be taken up last.

More updates as soon as i get them,
Old 29th October 2008, 08:35   #247
BHPian

What next ?
Alloy package ? 60k?

next ..
Premium interior package? 1lkh?

next
next

Then why honda is charging 10L for ? OO I get it

Futuristic steering wheel , 4 wheels , and a Engine

Wow ,

thanks But NO thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f50xj13 View Post
Hi,
Small News update:

The new Honda city will come in two accessory packages.

1. Elegance Package : Includes Side strips, Bumper guards,side skirts? etc. Price Rs : 21000/-

2. Illumination package : Includes fog lamps, door step garnish with lights, sort of puddle lamps for front doors. Price Rs. 25000/-

Am not sure about exact details of these packages but if the second package price is real then it is worth it, cause only the City ZX fog lamps used to cost 25000 I think, until they started giving it for free.

And I do realise there are cheaper options available aftermarket, but I am a big believer in going for original fittings, atleast on the electricals front, even one gets overcharged.

Also the Beige and Black colors will not be available atleast till the end of December, their production will be taken up last.

More updates as soon as i get them,
Old 29th October 2008, 09:18   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont forget the gearing, mate.
Ive seen the gear ratios, they're pretty similar. Infact, the G3HC has a slightly more aggressive 4.294:1 final drive as compared to 4.058:1 on the OHC.

So its not like the OHC had a gearing advantage.

Shan2nu
Old 29th October 2008, 16:32   #249

[quote=muralisk;1006606]Great stuff Vivek. looking ahead for the full report, great job friend

An advice or a concern, should Honda have the same digital display as it has for civic?
Old 29th October 2008, 21:53   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
What next ?
Alloy package ? 60k?

next ..
Premium interior package? 1lkh?

Wow ,

thanks But NO thanks.

Hi,
I completely agree with you on that front. However till Honda gets a serious competitor it will still continue to rip off us Indians.
As for me, I am bound to Honda cause there is no automatic sedan available in the sub 10 lacs range...hehe
Old 30th October 2008, 00:50   #251
BHPian

I wish the ex-showroom price of the top-end was about 8L. They could add car stereo, tinted glasses, fog lamps, alloys, etc. for another 1.5L as part of an accessories package. I'd love this package if it meant I pay road tax only on the 8L. I wouldn't miss any chance to pay less tax for crater laden surfaces called roads in Bangalore.
Old 30th October 2008, 02:40   #252

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Just read the review of the city in autocar,and it mentioned a 0-100 time of 10.28sec.In the article they also mentioned that the honda city returns a similar average as the previous city of 10.5kmpl.So according to them the previous nhc vtec returned 10.5 which isn't actually the case.So im assuming that the new one will also return close to 14-15kmpl in the city.
Old 30th October 2008, 02:49   #253
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
Just read the review of the city in autocar,and it mentioned a 0-100 time of 10.28sec.In the article they also mentioned that the honda city returns a similar average as the previous city of 10.5kmpl.So according to them the previous nhc vtec returned 10.5 which isn't actually the case.So im assuming that the new one will also return close to 14-15kmpl in the city.
I think the NHC iDSI was more fuel efficient than the Vtec and all mags and honda itself would be comparing the vtec to the vtec only.
Old 30th October 2008, 16:54   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
In the article they also mentioned that the honda city returns a similar average as the previous city of 10.5kmpl.So according to them the previous nhc vtec returned 10.5 which isn't actually the case.So im assuming that the new one will also return close to 14-15kmpl in the city.
Absolute Rubbish! ACI has conveniently "missed" doing a proper FE run of the new City. Read their review again.

There is no ways that the ANHC will be as fuel efficient as the iDsi NHC.
Old 30th October 2008, 22:14   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Absolute Rubbish! ACI has conveniently "missed" doing a proper FE run of the new City. Read their review again.

There is no ways that the ANHC will be as fuel efficient as the iDsi NHC.
Well they have admitted that they could not do a proper FE test to their usual standards but have come up with a 'guess' based on the short drive, which is 10-11 in the city and 16-17 on highway.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed