Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 22:05   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
is the floor in the rear flat or has a camel hump???cant see it in the pics...
Yes I believe the floor in the rear is flat
Old 7th October 2008, 22:32   #17
BHPian

Nice post, information and first hand experience is in short supply at the moment so this is a nice bit of info accompanied with some great pics, the only other first hand write one I saw online was at bkautos.

There is a nice light blue colour on the Honda India website but this doesn't seem to be available in the colours section which is strange, the current colour selection is quite uninspiring. The tyres will also not do, that's probably 30k plus for a more appropriate size.
Old 7th October 2008, 22:38   #18
BHPian

Hey Vivek,thanx for the report.Like you said you posted the report immediately after the TD.Great job man.Waiting for the full report.
Old 7th October 2008, 22:39   #19
BHPian

Nice first hand report Vivek of the 3GHC. Would look forward to see the next day's report.
Does this car have dual headlamps? Its not very clear from the headlamp assembly pics.
Old 7th October 2008, 22:52   #20
BHPian

Some more pics until the detailed TD report arrives. We'll be driving back to Delhi. Will rip it on the express highway...

3rd Generation Honda City driven-dsc00248.jpg

Look at that....Will try to get better pics of the red car. Looks hot.

3rd Generation Honda City driven-dsc00252.jpg
[FONT=&quot]The much criticised rear has sharp lines and creases typical of modern automotive design and looks acceptable to my eyes. But the tail lamps are not of the proper crystal variety. Perhaps Honda has left it for a subtle facelift at a later stage. [/FONT]

3rd Generation Honda City driven-dsc00251.jpg
The key fob looks similar to that of the Civic
Old 7th October 2008, 23:15   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Another first at TBHP.

Awesome job TBHPian cheers:

IIRC, the speedo cluster lights stays on during day time too?

The red one looks great.
Yaaa...it's the optitron dials. They turn on and stay that way once the ign is turned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
amazing pics mate, jaipur is one of my fav cities and i see that you made a trip to 'Nahargadh Fort' for couple of pics and drive
Eagerly waiting for the secong part of the review. However i must say that the rear doesnt gell well with the overall shape of the car. Infact dint really like the rear, it looks bit odd to me. Or maybe i'll have to see it in real life.
Thanks for giving the name of the fort. I had forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Unknown Location,Oct- 08
S
ources say that Honda Siel India had taken inputs from Senior Members of the Ice Section on T-BHP.The members were allowed to cast their opinions and suggestions via their forum. The R&D team at Honda were highly appreciative of being allowed to take part in "Ask the Gurus" thread section.

The concerns raised were on the inabilities to achieve the perfect front sound stage while installing high end music systems.The Glass section between A-pillar and Dashboard has been omitted in their latest design offering and now Tweeter Pods can be installed on side RVM covers!.Feedback is yet to start in this regard, but rest assured that Honda has taken T-BHP ICE SECTION seriously.

For further information ,please visit the following link.

Janaki Jhassoos's son reporting.He aint famous yet to give out names before doing undercover jobs
No idea matey. But they were very keen on stressing the features of that music system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Vivek
Is the floor gray for a car with beige interior theme or have they put some kind of soft mat?
it's grey. What i drove was the base version

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Many Thousands are waiting for your review mate.

Many Car deals are in your hands

EDIT : I see a picture with 15.4kmpl

Looks amazing Man. Even on the highway if it is.
Guess what the automatics were taken through a FE run by some journos (before i arrived) and the FEs people got were 21.4kmpl, 20.3kmpl and 19kmpl. The one who got 19kmpl while reported to be doing an average speed of 110kmph while all others were at 75kmph. It's pretty fuel efficient.
Old 7th October 2008, 23:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thank God the key's better atleast.

The Fuel efficiency thing is a bit fishy. ( The full - full method will be more accurate )

Last edited by abhinav.gupta88 : 7th October 2008 at 23:19.
Old 7th October 2008, 23:25   #23
BHPian

Dont really know what method they followed, it was all over before I reached the hotel. I was told that there was a presentation by some Honda guy about economy driving and stuff like taht before they set off. From the looks of it, it seems the figures they got were true and the journos seemed to be amazed about it. You can read more about this FE run in next month's magazines. It's a full highway cycle to Ajmer.

Anything above 15kmpl is great na?
Old 7th October 2008, 23:26   #24
BHPian

There is a very slight awkwardness about the rear on the side profile, I guess that's the typical look of being based on a hatch platform, though compared to others Honda have managed to minimise it somewhat.

The tail lights also look dated, could do with a slight redesign, maybe make it a bit rounded. They definitely should be improved. Very soon we will not have money to buy cars so better to deliver whatever they have in mind right now.
Old 7th October 2008, 23:34   #25
BHPian

Good report, great pics! I'm eagerly awaiting your report on the ride especially at low speeds/bad roads (if you do encounter any of this on the expressway ). Also want to know if the 160mm GC would be of any concern on city roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
Guess what the automatics were taken through a FE run by some journos (before i arrived) and the FEs people got were 21.4kmpl, 20.3kmpl and 19kmpl. The one who got 19kmpl while reported to be doing an average speed of 110kmph while all others were at 75kmph. It's pretty fuel efficient.
What? Those are great numbers for an auto. I'm dying to know what the city numbers would be. Any idea what they got at lower speeds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Very soon we will not have money to buy cars so better to deliver whatever they have in mind right now.
Hmm ... someone else on the forum who's worried about this. I've been thinking about it too. We can probably start a thread on this.

Last edited by CBlazer : 7th October 2008 at 23:40.
Old 7th October 2008, 23:39   #26
BHPian

Very good pics thanks very much!
Old 8th October 2008, 00:02   #27
BHPian

Great stuff Vivek. Thanks a lot for sharing the informaiton. We were waiting for the detailed test report.
Old 8th October 2008, 00:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Vivek

Thats one of the best first impressions here on the forum - a very professional write-up with pics to match!

Terrific job on a terrific car. This looks like another runaway winner for Honda - goodbye SX4, Corolla Altis and many others!

Now we'll sit back and wait for you to rip her tomorrow!
Old 8th October 2008, 00:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

I think it will not only be problems for SX4 , Verna Petrol , Fiesta Petrol , Aveo , but also for Civic.

This one looks great ( IMO ) and people may buy it for the new and fresh car factor.!
Old 8th October 2008, 00:35   #30
BHPian

Nice pics, with a small report there Vivek. Looking forward for a detailed one though.
By the way were all the four cars, the base versions?? i can see all of them with wheel caps and not alloys. And even the absence of the temperature gauge in the instrument cluster. The mileage of 15.4 km/l looks good though.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed