Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2008, 10:31   #46
Senior - BHPian

vivek,

this is by far the most eloquently and crisply worded report i've seen on this site. good quality pictures add elegance to the topic. you are lucky that you got to test the city and perhaps it truly lives up to the honda name. that aside, i must agree with you that the dials look a little too colourful, and honda could have actualy given a climate control to heighten the competition.
Old 8th October 2008, 10:34   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
Guess what the automatics were taken through a FE run by some journos (before i arrived) and the FEs people got were 21.4kmpl, 20.3kmpl and 19kmpl. The one who got 19kmpl while reported to be doing an average speed of 110kmph while all others were at 75kmph. It's pretty fuel efficient.
I will take that with "dollops" of salt. Probably an overenthusiastic fuel efficiency meter there by Honda.

Oh, btw - fantastic write up Vivek. This is a piece of art!

Last edited by SkyWalker : 8th October 2008 at 10:35.
Old 8th October 2008, 10:47   #48
Senior - BHPian

Nice report. And I a must say that this new City is a really hot looking car. However, the disappointment for me is now in the wheels.
Old 8th October 2008, 11:38   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Nice report. And I a must say that this new City is a really hot looking car. However, the disappointment for me is now in the wheels.
I think most people anyway change to alloys these days at the time of purchase - atleast from the team-bhp reports it seems so So even if the gave some mediocre alloys, I'd rather go and upgrade to ones of my own choice and add some fat rubber for better handling !!
Old 8th October 2008, 11:45   #50
BHPian

Great report Vivek & lovely pics cheers:. I had been desperately searching the web for a TD report on the new City (should we christen it HC3? NNHC = "New NHC" sounds too odd!). Eagerly looking for the full TD report!

The car definitely looks much better than the NHC.

You may also want to share with us how to get invited to such events

Rajesh
Old 8th October 2008, 11:58   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Vivek,
did you get to try the automatic version as well?
if so what's the opinion about that?
did they mention fuel consumption of the automatic in their presentation?
absence of a cd/mp3 disc is weird!
-Tejas
Old 8th October 2008, 13:07   #52
Senior - BHPian

Hi Samir,

> Since the light will always be blue when the engine is started up initially and > then turn red as the engine heats up (albeit to normal levels),

There are two indicators. Blue and Red. When it is cold at start, the blue indicator is on. Here in my place by the time I drive 0.4kms, the blue light goes off.

If the red light comes on, it is a PROBLEM. I assume it would be a problem if the blue light foes not go off also.

This lacks the reassurance of a guage showing the actual temperature all the while. The Getz CRDi also has no temperature guage.

Until the blue light goes off in my CVT, there is a slight roughness felt. I don't idle and immediately drive off.
Old 8th October 2008, 13:22   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
If the red light comes on, it is a PROBLEM. I assume it would be a problem if the blue light foes not go off also.
You are right. The engine cannot/should not run cold for more than 5 mins (or) .5 KMs (both approx values). Many advanced engines have restrictions like secondary cams (VTEC, MIVEC, etc) opening up only when the engine has reached optimal temperature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
This lacks the reassurance of a guage showing the actual temperature all the while. The Getz CRDi also has no temperature guage.
It's the generic trend these days to replace dials with digital displays. Remember the days when we had gauges for Oil pressure etc? These give us a clear picture of the engine condition even before it is due for an overhaul as we will notice the oil pressure going down gradually. We dont have to wait for the [Low Oil Pressure] light to come on.

That said, these engine are virtually bullet proof, there is hardly anything that can go wrong with regular use (and some abuse too). Thats probably why Honda had simplified the display, keeping normal users in mind.
Old 8th October 2008, 13:24   #54
oss
BHPian

That's a wonderful report Vivek. Eagerly awaiting the performance report.

BTW, can you check if the fuel lid can be opened when the central lock is on? This has been niggling in my mind since i checked the car out last week at the dealership.
Old 8th October 2008, 13:38   #55
Senior - BHPian

wowwwww City is back! looks great...looking fwd for the report on the performance

btw great review Vivek
Old 8th October 2008, 14:02   #56
Senior - BHPian

I am getting envious that the new city is loaded with all those features. I was till now having great style with my Civics steering. Now i see its in NHC and also slated to be in Jazz later.

But NHC is undoubtedly a great car.

You know what - my dealer asked me a question which made me angry. Do you want to trade your civic with NHC? I shouted at him and pleaded, Dont kill Civic.
Old 8th October 2008, 14:13   #57
BHPian

Good review on a much better looking NHC vivek. Somehow dont like the grille too much. This car must look really cool in red or black.
Old 8th October 2008, 14:20   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
this is by far the most eloquently and crisply worded report i've seen on this site. good quality pictures add elegance to the topic
I agree ,great report Vivek and killer pics.

Its gonna be difficult for me to drive my NHC now.
Old 8th October 2008, 14:21   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I thought the one you drove was the S version! E version has grey & beige mixed interiors
From the website it appears the interiors for both are the exact same colour, the only difference is in the E the seat colour is grey-beige while in the S its beige.

The difference being 50k and the additional stuff it perhaps makes more sense to go for the S but since most folks here will not be happy with the tyres that is an additional expenditure taking this uncomfortably close to 10.
Old 8th October 2008, 15:41   #60
Senior - BHPian

I dont know if its just me, or if all of you also feel that the interior of the new City is a great DOWNER, even compared to the current generation City. I want to buy a car, and would probably end up buying 1.8S Automatic, but the package is severly compromised, thin tyres, no climate control, drab interiors, drab central console, drab speedo meter, no alloys, no fog lamps or provision of thereof.
The only reason I get to buy this is that there is a dearth of good cars in this range. The engine of new City, the external looks (somewhat), and the paddle shift. I would have gone for Civic E, but I do want paddle shifts and decent power on the tap. This would be my poor mans Civic
aseem is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks