Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2008, 20:23   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecotech View Post
Thanx man great great job. Now, I am convinced moe than ever. Just a few things to ask. Have you been able to catch the new City in the Tafeta White color. Have booked one with that color considering the looks of the sporty white Civic and the new City being similar in profile. I have got the option to change the color during the 15th of this month when the new City will be in display. Which color do you think best suits/highlights the City's profile.
Other than that did you get any information on the pricing of the body kit. Looks great on the silver CITY.

Thanx again. Great job. Keep it up.

I think Silver looks neat on the City. White also looks good. I think our initial spy pics spotted in China was a White City . Have a look it at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post

BTW, can you check if the fuel lid can be opened when the central lock is on? This has been niggling in my mind since i checked the car out last week at the dealership.
NDTV Car & Bike Show did mention that fuel lid opens only when Central Lock is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Hows the boot space?
Boot Space is whooping 506 lites if im not mistaken. Bigger than Altis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post

I was the first one to draw the Honda City(remember the photoshop rendering),na? Well, God and Honda decided that I should be among the first to drive it as well.

Seriously Vivek gotta appreciate your efforts. Brilliant report & Not to forget the pics. I think you have made it tad easier for the people who were waiting for the TD of City.
Old 8th October 2008, 20:49   #92
BHPian

If this generation City is going to be sold in Europe, Australia or Japan, I hope they subject it to an NCAP test and make the results public. I am interested in how strong the platform is and how much effort Honda has put into safety versus the Civic and Accord.
Old 8th October 2008, 20:57   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dose View Post
If this generation City is going to be sold in Europe, Australia or Japan, I hope they subject it to an NCAP test and make the results public. I am interested in how strong the platform is and how much effort Honda has put into safety versus the Civic and Accord.
Look up the results for the HOnda Fit/Jazz. Should be the same at least for front and side but not rear impact. Dont think the sedan will be sold in the west.
Old 8th October 2008, 21:00   #94
IMP
BHPian

Wow Vivek, an outstanding writeup and nice pictures, an exclusive introduction with the G3HC. I'm sure everyone is going through your posts multiple times to wring out the maximum detail.

You mentioned that the car feels sluggish from 100 to 120 kph, whats that? Is it an gear ratio issue, did the manual version have it? Any mileage figures? and what are your comments on the seats (front/back) after finishing the drive?
Old 8th October 2008, 21:02   #95
BHPian

First of all thanks for this excellent writeup. Could you manage to get those tips which you were mentioning about increasing FE, spcially for AT version.
Old 8th October 2008, 21:03   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Look up the results for the HOnda Fit/Jazz. Should be the same at least for front and side but not rear impact. Dont think the sedan will be sold in the west.

The city has been subjected to a crash test not sure of NCAP. I was shown the video of the crash test with 50percent offset, against a Honda Legend
Old 8th October 2008, 21:14   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP View Post
Wow Vivek, an outstanding writeup and nice pictures, an exclusive introduction with the G3HC. I'm sure everyone is going through your posts multiple times to wring out the maximum detail.

You mentioned that the car feels sluggish from 100 to 120 kph, whats that? Is it an gear ratio issue, did the manual version have it? Any mileage figures? and what are your comments on the seats (front/back) after finishing the drive?
The front seats are good. Will not get any backache after being in them for 4-5 hours or more..cant really say the same about the rear ones as I spent very little time on them.

The manual didnt feel lacking in power. It's mostly the auto that felt so.
Old 8th October 2008, 21:33   #98
BHPian

brilliant review. Is there going to be any minor changes to the production model (since these are pre-production models)
Old 8th October 2008, 21:35   #99
BHPian

Kudos to your review vivek. Good Job.
Old 8th October 2008, 22:17   #100
BHPian

That was a pretty nice review Vivek.Very nice photos.ANHC with fog lamps is really attractive.Thanks a lot Vivek.
Old 8th October 2008, 22:28   #101

Hey, thanks a lot for the pics and info..at the showroom in bangalore i found out the nhc would be continued only with the IDSI engine (thats surprising),no more old 100bhp VTECS.
Deliveries for the S variant start in Nov and slightly later for the E variant.

Can some one confirm alloys as standard on the topend variant please?
Old 8th October 2008, 22:47   #102
Senior - BHPian

Nice review with great pictures, thanks!!

My favourite colour is the dark grey one. It looks real macho.

I like the looks and the engine. Reliability of Honda would be an added bonus If I get a chance to upgrade now, this would be the car.
Old 8th October 2008, 23:07   #103

Hi Vivek thanks for that amazing review eagerly waiting for the detailed review.The FE that was mentioned is just splendid.Have to see what the city FE would be.I think its going to give good competition to the other cars in the same segment.
I love the dark grey color.Silver comes second in line.I am due for a car change in the next 6 months so will have try and push my budget a little bit more.
Thanks again for the wonderful pictures and the review.
Old 8th October 2008, 23:31   #104
BHPian

Great review mate, this car is gonna sell like hot cakes for sure, honda doing a great job, people who wants to buy civic e instead should go for city auto.
Old 8th October 2008, 23:58   #105
BHPian

brilliant vivek and brilliant honda!
they have another smashing hit in their hands!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks