33.18s
31.08s
(-) 2.1 Seconds

Top Speed
182kmph
185.4kmph
(+) 3.4kmph

PS : Both cars tested with 175mm tyres.

Hmm, that 10bhp diff isn't doing anything for this car.

Shan2nu
Old 26th October 2008, 15:57   #227
BHPian

ANHC - Performance

Posting again for the benefit of you all. The format got distorted last night:
Attached Thumbnails
3rd Generation Honda City driven-performance.png  

Old 26th October 2008, 18:50   #228
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Checked out the ANHC yesterday.

My wife's observations:

1. Front seat bases are longer, so more thigh support.
2. Rear seats lower than in NHC less thigh support

She is just 5'4!
Old 26th October 2008, 18:55   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksudhir View Post
I Somehow dont believe on the figures posted.

Its got a 16 bhp advantage over the SX4 and a 19 bhp advantage over the NHC VTEC

NHC Vtec does 190 easily so expect this to do a 0-100 in around 10.5 seconds and a top whack of around 195
Old 26th October 2008, 19:13   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I Somehow dont believe on the figures posted.

Its got a 16 bhp advantage over the SX4 and a 19 bhp advantage over the NHC VTEC

NHC Vtec does 190 easily so expect this to do a 0-100 in around 10.5 seconds and a top whack of around 195
The problem seems to be that the ANHC peak bhp is at 6300rpm, which is not a very pratical one for 1.5L - plus it looks like they have compromised low end performance which means that average will also be low inspite of higher peak power
Old 26th October 2008, 19:25   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The problem seems to be that the ANHC peak bhp is at 6300rpm, which is not a very pratical one for 1.5L
Thats not a good enough reason IMO. The OHC VTEC produces it's max power at 6800rpm but this has not affected it's performance in any way.

No matter what rpm the power maxes out, the transmission ratios can always be setup to match the engine's characteristics.

PS : ANHC peak is 6600 rpm.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 26th October 2008 at 19:26.
Old 26th October 2008, 23:44   #232
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
but I definitely found the sloping floor uncomfortable behind and couldn't stretch my feet under the front seats the way I could normally do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
I remember reading somewhere that the ANHC we have is desinged for Asians (the European version will be slightly differenet) - But by Asians they mean more of the countries with shorter persons like Thai, Chineese etc. That could probably explain for the sloping floor etc.
The reason behind the sloping floor + lesser foot area is that the fuel tank is placed below the passenger seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
And as long as people show desperation by making down payments without even looking at the car, Honda will continue to .... well, take us for a ride.
Not even Honda can take success for granted anymore. The Civic is floundering with all-time low sales and a consecutive 15 months of dipping numbers. The Captiva & Pajero are giving the CRV a thrashing. And now, a pricier, less fuel-efficient bread & butter model that doesn't even have the interior quality of the outgoing car.

The ANHC will sell, no doubt. But I don't think, over the long term, it will match the success of the NHC. Not without a smaller, cheaper and more FE engine option atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I would take the FE figures reported by OD with some reservation. It is the same magazine which reported highway FE of 27kmpl for NHC
EKJACTLY! If the optimistic OD says that the ANHC will give 10.2 in the city, I bet ya you are looking at mid-nines.

P.S. : NO CLIMATE CONTROL! Come on Honda! The air-con knobs of the ANHC remind me of those from my OHC Vtec. And they were YUCK in 2001. Go figure....

Last edited by GTO : 26th October 2008 at 23:46.
Old 27th October 2008, 00:38   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The ANHC will sell, no doubt. But I don't think, over the long term, it will match the success of the NHC.

i have my doubts on the sales number of even short term (next 6 months)!
Have already come across atleast a dozen who have dumped City from their consideration set in favor of other options once they saw the car (esp interiors).
I guess a major portion of sales in next 3 months will come from people who have booked City either on basis of pics or just for the Honda badge.

Dont think this frenzy will last long.... eventually quite a lot will be disappointed i say when they will realize that new City is not worth that hype or Honda badge..!
I guess Honda has reserved the E variant to somewhat make up for the dip in sales numbers... and by the time even E variant cant avoid the flattening sales numbers, they wud come out with a 'rectified' version.
Old 27th October 2008, 15:26   #234
BHPian

me too!

Quote:
Have already come across atleast a dozen who have dumped City from their consideration set in favor of other options once they saw the car (esp interiors).
Please count me in your list bro. I was almost on the brink of shelling out 50k for booking just by seeing the car on paper.

Thank god I visited the showroom and looked the car in real. Top 3 reasons why I dumped it are 1.) Cramped rear seat, 2.) Skinny Rubber, 3.) Cheezy Interiors these followed by a plethora of other reasons like low GC, no ACC...the lost goes on!

Now I have finally decided to go in for SX4 in dec when discounts are maximum!

Cheers! cheers:
Old 27th October 2008, 16:30   #235

Quote:
Hay man, I completely agree to your observations. the extra power don't seem to be doing anything for NHC over SX4. Academic lead on paper is not enough to justify the extra money. Not to mention the lagging behind in handling and control department and the let down in interiors.

I am going ahead with SX4, wasted my time waiting for NHC.
Old 27th October 2008, 18:24   #236
BHPian

@ New City TV Commercial

One more thought...
...the G3HC's TV add spends all the time on exteriors and a glimpse of instrument cluster/Integ music system i guess..

i guess Honda very well realizes what they have done with interiors and hence has skipped it from the video(TVC)
Old 27th October 2008, 22:39   #237
BHPian

Quote:
I am going ahead with SX4, wasted my time waiting for NHC.
[/quote]

Hey Chris, since you are going ahead with SX4, kindly share the deal that you crack. As of me, i am getting a 47k discount in Noida from Vipul motors.

The guy was also hinting at more discounts in Dec, so I decided to wait.

Old 28th October 2008, 08:45   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hmmm. A lot of data there to think about. I would give OD benefit of doubt, but still...

1) Cant really believe City just manages to outperform the SX4 by a meager margin. Come on Honda what have you done to your VTEC?
2) Does SX4 give a mileage of 18kmpl in highway? I doubt it!
3) with a City mileage of 10kpml or under it - Honda is losing the biggest advantage why people preferred NHC over SX4.
4) I haven't seen interiors yet, but remarks here aren't so good

bottom line - looks like this wont be easy for Honda.
Old 28th October 2008, 09:43   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
2) Does SX4 give a mileage of 18kmpl in highway? I doubt it!
3) with a City mileage of 10kpml or under it - Honda is losing the biggest advantage why people preferred NHC over SX4.
SX4's highway mileage is just about in the range of 12-14 kmpl. This is with normal driving!

I used to get about 11.5 kmpl in the city (Marathahalli-Whitefield, Bangalore) which has somewhat less traffic compared to other areas of Bangalore
Old 28th October 2008, 09:55   #240
BHPian

I have got a mileage of 15-16 on highway driving with AC on for 75% time on my SX4. I dunno if the mileage figure of 18 that they have quoted is with AC on or not.

SX4's highway mileage is just about in the range of 12-14 kmpl. This is with normal driving!

I used to get about 11.5 kmpl in the city (Marathahalli-Whitefield, Bangalore) which has somewhat less traffic compared to other areas of Bangalore[/quote]
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks