Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2008, 23:09   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Ive seen the gear ratios, they're pretty similar. Infact, the G3HC has a slightly more aggressive 4.294:1 final drive as compared to 4.058:1 on the OHC.

So its not like the OHC had a gearing advantage.

Shan2nu
THE OHC was less than a tonne i guess
this one is 1.1 tonne.
That will be the difference i guess
Old 31st October 2008, 11:55   #257
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Absolute Rubbish! ACI has conveniently "missed" doing a proper FE run of the new City. Read their review again.

There is no ways that the ANHC will be as fuel efficient as the iDsi NHC.
I never got more then 13.5 from my NHC. how people get so much mileage!

i guess they are lying or too much obsessed with their cars or i guess do not have traffic like bombay

edit: wait, i even driven on express ways with 100-120 never got more then 13 on express way!
Old 31st October 2008, 12:13   #258
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I never got more then 13.5 from my NHC. how people get so much mileage!

i guess they are lying or too much obsessed with their cars or i guess do not have traffic like bombay

edit: wait, i even driven on express ways with 100-120 never got more then 13 on express way!
I second that!

13.5 is the max in City I got from my NHC. [which is good if you ask me]

And highway has been always between 11-13. [The car gets thirsty at speeds over 100km/h]
Old 31st October 2008, 12:28   #259
Senior - BHPian

That's the 10-20% effect in play. Right from salaries to fuel economy there is a 10-20% inflation in figures. Hey I'm not suggesting everyone does it, so don't get me wrong here. I own up to doing it myself at times.

I've seen my friend get approx 14 in his city in his City !! He says how much ever he tried he couldn't get 17 or 18 as claimed.
Old 31st October 2008, 12:51   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
13.5 is the max in City I got from my NHC. [which is good if you ask me]

And highway has been always between 11-13. [The car gets thirsty at speeds over 100km/h]
City figure better then highway FE?
I agree that it gets thirsty on highway due to short gearing(which itself is to make up for the lack of power?). Engine gets boomy(probably doing 3200 RPM) over 100 kmph.
Even in city I cold never extract good FE which I felt is beacsue one has to keep the engine on boil to keep up with the traffic.

Last edited by Guna : 31st October 2008 at 12:52.
Old 31st October 2008, 13:52   #261
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
City figure better then highway FE?
Well, this is just a practical figure. I tend to drive harder on the highway than the city as highway is only leisure trips.

Verymuch like the small Marutis the NHC also strugles to be economical over 100-110km/h.

The city economy is very good as the short gearing lets you drive in higher gears most of the time.

I dont' think ANHC would be in the league of the NHC for FE in the city, otherwise it might be an efficient car.
Old 31st October 2008, 14:11   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
That's the 10-20% effect in play. Right from salaries to fuel economy there is a 10-20% inflation in figures. Hey I'm not suggesting everyone does it, so don't get me wrong here. I own up to doing it myself at times.

I've seen my friend get approx 14 in his city in his City !! He says how much ever he tried he couldn't get 17 or 18 as claimed.
I second that. My friend gets a max figure of 13-14 in city driving so i wonder about the claims of 17-18!
Old 31st October 2008, 14:23   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
THE OHC was less than a tonne i guess
this one is 1.1 tonne.
That will be the difference i guess
Yeah but this car has an extra 10bhp/14nm as well.

The 10.23s what ACI got was what it should have done in all the tests. That sounds more like a 105bhp/ton car.

Shan2nu
Old 31st October 2008, 14:26   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Not really, bhp is bhp irrespective of what sort of engine norms it has to face.

The P/W ratio of this car is 105bhp/ton while the OHC was 107bhp/ton. A 2 bhp/ton drop wont cause such a difference in performance.

Either the G3HC is not producing 116bhp or the OHC had more than the claimed 106bhp.

Shan2nu
Do you know if the power output advertised is with restrictive emission control being in place ? Is it something similar to SAE net ?
Old 31st October 2008, 14:55   #265
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
Just read the review of the city in autocar,and it mentioned a 0-100 time of 10.28sec.In the article they also mentioned that the honda city returns a similar average as the previous city of 10.5kmpl.So according to them the previous nhc vtec returned 10.5 which isn't actually the case.So im assuming that the new one will also return close to 14-15kmpl in the city.
Quote:
Absolute Rubbish! ACI has conveniently "missed" doing a proper FE run of the new City. Read their review again.

I agree with you totally. I am sure they tested the FE, and chose not to mention it and given this excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Well they have admitted that they could not do a proper FE test to their usual standards but have come up with a 'guess' based on the short drive, which is 10-11 in the city and 16-17 on highway.
When they did the return journey from Jaipur to Noida, they could very well have tested the highway figure.

City figure could have been easily gotten from the MID. This is to say that they themselves agree that the displayed FE figures are rubbish, and its just a gimmick. Otherwise why can't they quote that figure.

I think the FE would definitely be less than iDSI by few kms, and may be closer to the vtec. That's the reason Honda would have buttered instructed these guys not to talk about it; and they gave the excuse that they didn't test it.
Old 31st October 2008, 17:46   #266
BHPian

Quote:

Actually during the media drive from Delhi to Jaipur and back to Delhi, there was very little time to check the FE. Honda had organised a mileage run but again the methodology was not full to full, so that's out. ACI will do a proper FE run later on, when they have a comparison test.
Old 31st October 2008, 18:18   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you know if the power output advertised is with restrictive emission control being in place ?
They should do it actually coz when you claim a particular bhp fig for a production car, you would want it to produce that power with what ever intake/exhaust layout it is sold with.

If Honda didnt do it to the G3HC, then they prob didn't do it for the OHC also.

Shan2nu
Old 31st October 2008, 20:22   #268
BHPian

hi,
My dealer has told me that the fuel average of the AHNC will be equal to the old VTEC and not to the iDSI car.
However the reality will only be known once the car is out on the road. After the success of the iDSI car, ?I dont think Honda will do hara-kiri and get the average down--it will be a sure sales downer.

One funny scrap of info:- Averages of AHNC cars on display in mumbai.
Hallmark- 2.3
Apex- 5.5
Linkway- 7.7
Note :- these cars are display vehicles, so dont go by the figures. However if the trend continues me thinks my car when delivered will give atleast 11.
Old 31st October 2008, 22:16   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
there was very little time to check the FE.
Somehow I dont agree to this argument....... Please pardon me if I am a bit harsh here.
But you can at least figure out what was the approximate figure.
IMHO I dont think in any way ANHC would give better or even close to NHC (iDSI) FE figures.
Old 31st October 2008, 22:43   #270
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
Somehow I dont agree to this argument....... Please pardon me if I am a bit harsh here.
But you can at least figure out what was the approximate figure.
IMHO I dont think in any way ANHC would give better or even close to NHC (iDSI) FE figures.
Lets pardon him for that!!
The point is its not so simple. They drove on the Highway and were in a mindset to test the car so its not so obvious to get/ quote the FE. Also, I'd go to say that NHC was/ is so bad on the highway that the ANHC would return better FE when driven 120-130+ [which they did!]
Closed Thread

Most Viewed