Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2008, 07:18   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
Somehow I dont agree to this argument....... Please pardon me if I am a bit harsh here.
But you can at least figure out what was the approximate figure.
IMHO I dont think in any way ANHC would give better or even close to NHC (iDSI) FE figures.

Please note,

1. During the media drive, everyone was swapping their cars with one another.
2. In between the whole journey, we had very few stops.
3. No fill ups were done during the day. Honda had a mileage run the otherday(I didnt take part in that boring exercise) and no one didnt want another.
4. The only way to tell the Fuel consumption was from the on-board mileage indicator which showed the average fuel consumption during the trip-from start to stop.
5. I noticed the avg reading of the trip computer in the Automatic I drove was 12.0kmpl during the 110km leg of the return journey. That was a bit on the optimistic side, i believe, since i was doing 120-160kmph on the straights. The manual I drove the other day averaged 15.4kmpl, in the meter of course.

I still say, only a full tank to full tank test will tell you how good it actually is.
Old 1st November 2008, 12:01   #272
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Well they have admitted that they could not do a proper FE test to their usual standards but have come up with a 'guess' based on the short drive, which is 10-11 in the city and 16-17 on highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
Actually during the media drive from Delhi to Jaipur and back to Delhi, there was very little time to check the FE. Honda had organised a mileage run but again the methodology was not full to full, so that's out. ACI will do a proper FE run later on, when they have a comparison test.
Here is what the problem is : One needs to take a firm stand and not talk in the air. On the one hand, ACI says that they weren't able to conduct an FE test. On the other, they state that they were able to gauge that it matched the regular Honda City (iDsi) and "even marginally better".

That's a load of bull!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f50xj13 View Post
hi,
My dealer has told me that the fuel average of the AHNC will be equal to the old VTEC and not to the iDSI car.
With traffic being what it is today, by Vtec gives me 9.5 - 10 kpl in Mumbai City. The ANHC is heavier & more powerful. I don't see it giving more than 9.5 (at best).
Old 1st November 2008, 17:03   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With traffic being what it is today, by Vtec gives me 9.5 - 10 kpl in Mumbai City. The ANHC is heavier & more powerful. I don't see it giving more than 9.5 (at best).
It's not as simple as that. The max power fig is achieved at very high rpms with the high lift VTEC lobes activated.

This doesn't saying anything about an engine's performance at a low speed/rpm.

If you check the cam profile on the L15 engine, while cruising one valve is only opened to 15-20% of it's capacity while our engine has both valves opening with a relatively higher lift.

Same goes for the Accord with VCM. 270bhp from a 3.5 V6 alright, but once the VCM kicks in, you're practically driving a 1.75ltr engine with low lift cam profile and prob a fuel map that is designed for FE.

Im not claiming anything here since the G3HC hasn't been through a proper FE test but it is possible to make an engine produce a higher peak power and still have it running those extra kms for every ltr of gas it consumes.

PS : At the end of the day, it's your driving style that matters. I have seen my VTEC give all kinds of FE figs rangin from 7.9kmpl all the way upto 21kmpl.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 1st November 2008 at 17:05.
Old 1st November 2008, 18:18   #274
Senior - BHPian

Hi f50xj13,

> cause only the City ZX fog lamps used to cost 25000 I think, until they
> started giving it for free.

A year back, it was 18000 down here!

For all the discussions about the mileage, the figures I have put in my signature is accurate and it is all with 100% AC.
Old 1st November 2008, 18:25   #275
BHPian

I can understand that it was not possible to do mileage test during media drive or test drives. But is not that Honda themselves have not done any FE test so far? It is a bit surprising that there is no official figure or claim on this. I guess it won’t be a good one, which is why the company is silent about it.
Old 4th November 2008, 00:09   #276
BHPian

great report vivek. its sad to note that this model of the city also does not have a temperature guage
Old 4th November 2008, 07:51   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Here is what the problem is : One needs to take a firm stand and not talk in the air. On the one hand, ACI says that they weren't able to conduct an FE test. On the other, they state that they were able to gauge that it matched the regular Honda City (iDsi) and "even marginally better".

That's a load of bull!

Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
I can understand that it was not possible to do mileage test during media drive or test drives. But is not that Honda themselves have not done any FE test so far? It is a bit surprising that there is no official figure or claim on this. I guess it won’t be a good one, which is why the company is silent about it.
Even if they quoted a figure, who is going to believe that? May be they left the job to the various journos to find out.
Old 4th November 2008, 23:45   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
Even if they quoted a figure, who is going to believe that? May be they left the job to the various journos to find out.
Not exactly – even with them not quoting anything, there are people even on this forum who believe it will be a good one and ready to put 1L deposit for the car. So there will be people ready to belive what gets quoted officially by Honda.

Anyhow in current scheme of things I think we have a wait for some time for reports to come on the real FE - till then it is all speculation.
Old 5th November 2008, 15:46   #279
BHPian

So are the dealers offering TDs already? I saw a red unregistered City in Benson Town today. To be honest, it seemed like the owner was taking her home rather than for a TD (no TD stickers, etc.).
Old 5th November 2008, 18:51   #280
oss
BHPian

The dealer called me today and asked me why i am not booking the ANHC still

When i asked where the TD car is (which he had promised will be there by mid Oct), he said it is expected to reach the dealers by next week.

Let me see what he says next week.

I wonder what dates they are promising to those who paid the advance. Initially they mentioned that the deliveries will start by 1st week of Nov.....
Old 5th November 2008, 19:23   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
The dealer called me today and asked me why i am not booking the ANHC still

When i asked where the TD car is (which he had promised will be there by mid Oct), he said it is expected to reach the dealers by next week.

Let me see what he says next week.

I wonder what dates they are promising to those who paid the advance. Initially they mentioned that the deliveries will start by 1st week of Nov.....
I also have had at least 10 calls so far to book the car (Ace Honda, Noida). On asking for TD car they said I can book first and TD when the TD car comes!!! ANyway got a call today that they will get TD cars next week (on 11th or 12th) and then I can have the much awaited TD. I am interested in the AT model only so lets say if I get TD for that.
Old 5th November 2008, 20:26   #282
BHPian

If the TD cars itself are delayed for so many days, I dread to think what's going to happen about the delivery dates !
On a whole, I think Honda handled this launch in a very shabby manner. There wasn't even consistency amongst it's dealers.

Last edited by autoenthusiast : 5th November 2008 at 20:27. Reason: corrected grammatical errors
Old 5th November 2008, 21:03   #283
BHPian

i was at Peninsular Honda on monday and they had a display piece, with a warm engine - wish it was a TD car! all you can do is sit inside and maybe start the engine. one thing i did observe is that it's a silent engine. hope its FE and intelligent like they say
Old 5th November 2008, 21:47   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I second that. My friend gets a max figure of 13-14 in city driving so i wonder about the claims of 17-18!
I live in Mysore and have a City ZX Gxi. It has been driven over 23000 Kms over and i have driven it to many places on weekends on different kinds of roads. My office is only 6 kms one way so you can how much i have driven outside Mysore in past 18 months. Someday, I will write a long term ownership review. However, I regulalry get mileage between 17-18 with AC on. The highest that I got was 21 Kmpl when I drove from Mysore to Pondicherry and back. The lowest, I got was 14 Kmpl when I drove from Mysore to a resort in Vythri , which was quite uphill and without proper roads. The only grievance that have is of low GC else I am deeply in love with my NHC , particulary its looks and interiors. I have silently heard many people complaining about the looks but I am completely sold on it! Somehow, its front shape resembles/reminds me of my Odyssey!
Old 5th November 2008, 22:24   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
If the TD cars itself are delayed for so many days, I dread to think what's going to happen about the delivery dates !
On a whole, I think Honda handled this launch in a very shabby manner. There wasn't even consistency amongst it's dealers.
OT

Glenn I would agree with you , But Honda obviously wanted to catch the Diwali buying rush and launched it a month earlier than planned. Most of dealers have nt kept up their word for TD & deliveries. Its been over a month since its launched .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks