Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2008, 11:55   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
And what is worse is that moron went on talking about the performance issues with Aveo and SX4, but made no mention about the performance of City. All that he had to talk about ANHC was that it gives a boost to ego of the owner owing to its bigger size and appeal And he talked about the Civic type steering wheel.

Nothing about the performance of the car.

Oh yeah! how can i forget; he talked about the headlamp design for 2 min
I too had the misfortune of watching that show. It was a crap show, and it looked like he was on the payroll of Honda.
There was also a very brief comparision between Verna diesel and Fiesta diesel, and he praised the Verna for its comfort, power and handling, whereas the Fiesta, according to him was good only on the mileage front.
This speaks volumes about the quality of the assessment.
Oh, I just realised this is an ANHC thread, so sorry for going OT
Old 12th November 2008, 12:16   #302
BHPian

I watched the show too. I laughing my heart at the comedy show. The achor (forgot his name) also comes in their NDTV news programmes talking about finance and headlines etc. And consistently their shows talk a lot about head lamp cluster.
Old 12th November 2008, 13:28   #303
BHPian

lol
the ndtv car and bike is the worst show,,,yes he does spend 2 minutes talking about headlamps,,then 10 minutes discussing every curve on the bonnet, tail lamps and bumpers. its rubbish.

coming in close second shireen bhan or whatever her name is on the cnbc overdrive show,,,she too knows nothing and is very annoying with her mixed indian/amercian/australian/kiwi/british accent,,,and in the feedback section she just has to repeat every word that the other anchor has just said. rubbish again.

the best show has got to be the autocar show on utvi on tuesday nights,,its precise,,talks about performance and doesnt waste too much time on boot space and glove space of a new launch,,given that one of them is editor of autocar and the other ex rally car driver. this show is fun to watch...and yes they did say 1.6s is a better drivers car then new city,,new city definitely has the looks though.
Old 12th November 2008, 19:31   #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
, you are not alone...
its a ditto copy....
Old 12th November 2008, 21:02   #305
Senior - BHPian

Guys lets forget the NDTV show as of now. Lets stick to the topic.
Any concrete info when the TD cars will be available?? I think its been around 45 days since launch and no TD , Seems City Zx aint moving easily.
Old 12th November 2008, 21:20   #306
BHPian

Did someone managed to read the review in "The Hindu - Chennai Edition Metro Plus" ?

I heard that there was some detailed review of this car published there.
Old 12th November 2008, 21:35   #307
BHPian

Mumbai TD of automatic i am getting tomorrow and for non automatic i am getting on monday. location is Hallmark Honda, Nerul.
Old 12th November 2008, 22:01   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Guys lets forget the NDTV show as of now. Lets stick to the topic .
OK! You started it, now you want everyone to stop

Quote:
Any concrete info when the TD cars will be available?? I think its been around 45 days since launch and no TD , Seems City Zx aint moving easily.
This is a vicious circle. Honda wants dealers to sell their existing Zx stock. But they are not able to sell. In meantime everyone is losing patience. Many are unhappy and some have gone for other cars. Not a good situation. Honda should come out of this by offering better discounts on the NHC Zx. Actually they should pitch the older model at below (or at least at par) SX4 and Fiesta. But Honda is afraid that such an offer would erode their ability to charge premium in future. Add the recession and that becomes an unhealthy cocktail. Honda should take some bold decisions here.
Old 12th November 2008, 22:26   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
OK! You started it, now you want everyone to stop
It had to end sometime . First dealers mentioned 2nd week of Nov max, now i hope we get it by next week atleast. How many members have actually booked the ANHC ??
Old 13th November 2008, 06:02   #310

Quote:
It had to end sometime . First dealers mentioned 2nd week of Nov max, now i hope we get it by next week atleast. How many members have actually booked the ANHC ??
We have booked a Silver "S" automatic. Got a call from the dealer (in HYDERABAD) today that few cars with White exterior are available for pickup.

We are hoping to get ours by Nov 20th.
Old 13th November 2008, 09:50   #311
Senior - BHPian

I had just read the TD of New City in 'The Hindu' s Metroplus - Wheels Section. The article says the new city sprints to 100 in 10.2 seconds.
Didnt overdrive mention of 11.54 second for 0-100??
Old 13th November 2008, 13:37   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had just read the TD of New City in 'The Hindu' s Metroplus - Wheels Section. The article says the new city sprints to 100 in 10.2 seconds.
Didnt overdrive mention of 11.54 second for 0-100??
I read it too, and got confused a bit. It also says there is ample leg room at the rear seat, though one sits a little lower. But didn't someone in this forum say that the leg room was lesser than the NHC? I recall someone saying that the extra space of the extended wheelbase has gone more into the space between the radiator and the engine than into the passenger cabin.
Well, I guess seeing is believing. Gotta visit the Honda showroom and see for myself--just from academic point of view.
Old 13th November 2008, 18:02   #313
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But didn't someone in this forum say that the leg room was lesser than the NHC?
The legroom definitely feels more than the NHC. But yes, you sit lower so it is not necessarily more comfortable than the NHC.
Old 13th November 2008, 18:38   #314
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
recall someone saying that the extra space of the extended wheelbase has gone more into the space between the radiator and the engine than into the passenger cabin.
The space between the radiator and the engine may not strictly fall into the wheel base measurement. I feel that the extra space or space is in front of the front axle.
Old 13th November 2008, 21:02   #315
BHPian

I had a very brief TD of the Automatic today and I immediately fell in love with it.
My driving impressions below.

The auto box is great to drive. I managed to take it up to 120 km/hr and it was quite sturdy. The car sure feels quick, good acceleration it has. The engine sounds great while revving.

The car felt refined, no vibrations inside and could not hear any wind noise entering the cabin even at speeds above 100 km/hr.

The car’s underbelly did not scrap any speed breakers on the way with 3 adults on board and those breakers are almost like mini mountains.

Suspension’s did a good job over pot holed roads, felt comfortable inside.
The car handled quite well while cornering at medium speeds, braking too is great.
Could not try the paddle shift as the test drive time and length was quite short, but drove it in sport mode which was impressive. The car is surely fun to drive, and I am sure with paddle shift it will be even more sporty.

The leg room at front and rear is all just enough and nothing too great. Getting in and out of car is a little easier as the doors opens fully (90 degrees almost).
Will be going for a more detail TD on Saturday, will post more details then!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks