Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2008, 22:07   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
I had a very brief TD of the Automatic today and I immediately fell in love with it.
Hi netarchie, Can you kindly advise which dealer did you have the TD at? My dad is looking for a TD too.

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th November 2008 at 22:10. Reason: Please quote only relevant part for a short reply. Thanks.
Old 13th November 2008, 23:13   #317
BHPian

hi,
took the test drive of the AHNC auto today at hallmark in nerul.
Exteriors : fabulous, no other car today in the 10 lakh segment has such a presence like this one. the car embodies the latest trends in automotive design in the world today.
Interiors : Plastic does not appeal to me however thankfully quality and feel is good. fuel consumption/average meter is a thoughtful touch. dashboard looks garish with the orange lights but it has varying levels of brightness thankfully. music system does not have a cd however i am ok with it. i have too many fond memories of cd pouches and friends flicking cd's. one plus point it plays music through mobiles too. i connected my e51 to it. floor is black carpet, another good touch. seats are comfortable and i dont think too many people will have any issues with those.
Drive : engine is refined, silent and powerful. However the SX4 still feels faster as compared to this car. maybe the manual AHNC will give a better idea of those extra horses. Suspension is good. Ground clearance looked suspect but i drove her today with 4 passengers over broken roads/speedbreakers without any scrapes. NVH levels very good.
Cost cutting : just compare the old city with this new one and the cost cutting will be evicend. things like matting inside the bonnet/dicky lid are missing. the bonnet has some holes near both of the shocks housings which are open to the road. dunno why honda did not plug those. side moulding strips absent.

i am not a big fan of cosmetics, i feel the mechanicals must be good in a car. by that opinion strictly, the AHNC seems to be the market leader in its class.

will post a detailed report as soon as i get hands on the manual for about 100 odd kms which i am promised in the next week.
Old 14th November 2008, 00:03   #318
BHPian

@f50xj13

Cool I too took a TD of the ANHC at Hallmark Honda, but that was yesterday.
Exteriors are nice, a whole new touch to the current segment which consists of sedans styled conservatively. Love the front grill, and the tail lamps, the rest of the body is nothing much to write home about. I feel that the ORVMs are too small for a car of this size.
Interiors are pathetic! The plastic was horrible, however I must say that the plastic door handles feel better to hold than those in the Civic. The door pads are so flimsy, a medium budget ICE install w/o dampening will probably see rattling body panels soon. There is no quantum leap in interior space. Steering wheel is that same cheap plastic contraption from the Civic [Have they never heard of leather wrapped steering?], but with audio controls on it, a welcome addition.
Engine is smooth and good power delivery. No complaints, but it didn't really live up to all the hype, perhaps it was due to the car being an auto...
Tranny is super smooth, loved it. This auto box makes this car the best automatic vehicle this side of 16 lakhs OTR!!!

Overall I wouldn't bother replacing my 06 iDSI with this. That being said, she's probably a great car to mod! There is ample room in the engine bay [Turbo anyone!!!]

cheers:
Old 14th November 2008, 17:17   #319
BANNED

NHC was for the family use, and ANHC is for youngsters and for those who seek flashy looks!
Old 14th November 2008, 22:24   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
NHC was for the family use, and ANHC is for youngsters and for those who seek flashy looks!
Wonder what would be the Honda marketing team response to this feeling?
Old 15th November 2008, 10:08   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Hi netarchie, Can you kindly advise which dealer did you have the TD at? My dad is looking for a TD too.
I took the TD in hallmark honda, nerul (Navi Mumbai), not sure if the TD is available with other honda dealers in Mumbai.
Old 16th November 2008, 11:55   #322

Well Honda has released the jewel of a car.I am sure currently a very few Indian cars truly wud hold a competition to it.The car is agressively styled with an equally agressive engine.The car is both fuel efficient as usual and now has a very good preformance at 110hp .

But there is another car in the Global market to fairly rival it............The Toyota Yaris SedanS. also called Spirit by some.I have heard that Yaris is to be released in India.Hope Toyota heats up the Indian scenario with The Sedan.

Does anyone have any news on this front.???????

Last edited by GTO : 17th November 2008 at 11:40. Reason: PLEASE read our rules. No more than two smilies please. Also, we'd appreciate your attention toward language errors.
Old 17th November 2008, 13:12   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH50 View Post
Well Honda has released the jewel of a car.I am sure currently a very few Indian cars truly wud hold a competition to it.The car is agressively styled with an equally agressive engine.The car is both fuel efficient as usual and now has a very good preformance at 110hp .

But there is another car in the Global market to fairly rival it............The Toyota Yaris SedanS. also called Spirit by some.I have heard that Yaris is to be released in India.Hope Toyota heats up the Indian scenario with The Sedan.

Does anyone have any news on this front.???????
I recently have a chat with Toyota dealer regarding there small sedan launch. Well the dealer replied that there is a un-official news that it will be launched September next year or later. Well do anyone have news of Fiat's sedan launch?
Old 18th November 2008, 12:39   #324
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkuz View Post
I live in Mysore and have a City ZX Gxi. It has been driven over 23000 Kms over and i have driven it to many places on weekends on different kinds of roads. My office is only 6 kms one way so you can how much i have driven outside Mysore in past 18 months. Someday, I will write a long term ownership review. However, I regulalry get mileage between 17-18 with AC on. The highest that I got was 21 Kmpl when I drove from Mysore to Pondicherry and back. The lowest, I got was 14 Kmpl when I drove from Mysore to a resort in Vythri , which was quite uphill and without proper roads.
in mumbai average speed is about 20kmph, many many times bumper to bumper traffic jams and on highways its about 50kmph average. what is the average speed in mysore? what about bumper to bumper traffic jams.

Its impossible to get your kind of mileage in mumbai. 10-11kmpl is very good mileage

btw, 21 kmpl, how did you get that?, how much was the load, tire pressure and average speed?. You may send your testimonial to honda siel india as well

Last edited by Max : 18th November 2008 at 12:41.
Old 18th November 2008, 20:24   #325

Booked S-MT

Hi All,
This is my first post. I booked one S-MT on the second day of the launch. Later I felt, it will be better an automatic version in Bangalore City and I called them to change my decision of buying MT. The color I booked is Black which they informed will be ready only by end of January.
The only thing missing is, no idea about the FE. Dakshin Honda (where I booked) told me, MT gives 14-16 in city and 17-19 in Highway for Manual version. AT version, they said, max 2km less.
I visited Whitefield Honda and they said, AT will give 8-9 in city and MT will give 10-12 in city. I'm confused now. Currently I own Wagon R which gives 12-14 in city. If I get 12kmpl in City, I'll go ahead with AT version... Is anybody having any idea about the FE as per the test drive? They said, they are expecting TD vehicle by end of this week... Waiting for test drive...

I'm attaching some photos I've taken when I visited the dealer...
Attached Thumbnails
3rd Generation Honda City driven-img_2653.jpg  

3rd Generation Honda City driven-img_2641.jpg  

3rd Generation Honda City driven-img_2668.jpg  

3rd Generation Honda City driven-img_2673.jpg  

3rd Generation Honda City driven-img_2674.jpg  

3rd Generation Honda City driven-img_2675.jpg  

3rd Generation Honda City driven-img_2681.jpg  

3rd Generation Honda City driven-img_2688.jpg  

3rd Generation Honda City driven-img_2645.jpg  

3rd Generation Honda City driven-img_2650.jpg  

Old 18th November 2008, 22:47   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
in mumbai average speed is about 20kmph, many many times bumper to bumper traffic jams and on highways its about 50kmph average. what is the average speed in mysore? what about bumper to bumper traffic jams.

Its impossible to get your kind of mileage in mumbai. 10-11kmpl is very good mileage

btw, 21 kmpl, how did you get that?, how much was the load, tire pressure and average speed?. You may send your testimonial to honda siel india as well
Hi Max,
Mysore doesnt have bumper to bumper traffic and I drive to office at a speed 40-60 Kmph every day.

Actually I got 21 not only while driving to Pondicherry but last week, I went to Hassan and again I got 21 Kmpl. On my weekend adventures with my family, I drive at a near constant speed between 75-85 kmph. I had my father , 6 yr old son and my wife along with 2 briefcases. Tyre Pressure : 32 psi
The fastest that I have driven is 165 kmph on Bangalore-Mysore highway. Dont recall the mileage in that trip though
Old 19th November 2008, 12:49   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkuz View Post
Hi Max,
Mysore doesnt have bumper to bumper traffic and I drive to office at a speed 40-60 Kmph every day.

Actually I got 21 not only while driving to Pondicherry but last week, I went to Hassan and again I got 21 Kmpl. On my weekend adventures with my family, I drive at a near constant speed between 75-85 kmph. I had my father , 6 yr old son and my wife along with 2 briefcases. Tyre Pressure : 32 psi
The fastest that I have driven is 165 kmph on Bangalore-Mysore highway. Dont recall the mileage in that trip though
I've heard a friend quote around 23-24 on his City GXi (idsi) on highway trips (around Delhi). Also he was getting between 13 and 15 consistently (depending upon climate & fuel stations) in the city of Noida (not much Traffic. You can drive in 4/5th gear most of the time here) and Delhi driving (heavy traffic, Ring Road etc). This mileage is with AC ON almost all the time.
Old 19th November 2008, 14:45   #328
BHPian

Let us not go OT in debating about the FE of the City ZX.

Any clues on the FE of the ANHC from the new owners?
Old 19th November 2008, 14:50   #329
Senior - BHPian

If someone can only change the silver colour on the console !(maybe put some imitation carbon fiber stickers)
Old 19th November 2008, 15:09   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjordy View Post
Hi All,
This is my first post. I booked one S-MT on the second day of the launch. Later I felt, it will be better an automatic version in Bangalore City and I called them to change my decision of buying MT. The color I booked is Black which they informed will be ready only by end of January.
The only thing missing is, no idea about the FE. Dakshin Honda (where I booked) told me, MT gives 14-16 in city and 17-19 in Highway for Manual version. AT version, they said, max 2km less.
I visited Whitefield Honda and they said, AT will give 8-9 in city and MT will give 10-12 in city. I'm confused now. Currently I own Wagon R which gives 12-14 in city. If I get 12kmpl in City, I'll go ahead with AT version... Is anybody having any idea about the FE as per the test drive? They said, they are expecting TD vehicle by end of this week... Waiting for test drive...

I'm attaching some photos I've taken when I visited the dealer...
Dude when you have taken such a wise decision to go for an automatic in Indian driving conditions (which actually warrant an automatic), I would say, please dont get scared about a lil mileage difference. Please rate your own convinience higher than a 2 km FE drop over manual transmission.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed