Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2008, 16:10   #406
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the prices of the " accessories ".
IIRC, if we add around 5K to those 20K for fog lamps, we can get a pair of Bixenon headlamp unit.
Good product is one thing, over confidence is another. Honda is over confident and it shows in its action. IMO, the SX4 is much better car in the same segment.

The problem lies here : Literally G3HC is sandwiched between competetion like SX4, Verna and Fiesta on one side and the elder brother Civic on the other end.

Spending a bit more that what one has to do for highest model of G3HC, one can have Civic lower version and not to forget that Civic is in another segment that has better image.
Old 26th November 2008, 16:32   #407
Senior - BHPian

have the deliveries started? I pass by a honda dealership on the way to work, and yet havent seen a single ANHC. on the other hand , there are a lot of NHC's lying around
Old 28th November 2008, 15:07   #408
BHPian

Here is the accessories brochure
External
3rd Generation Honda City driven-accessories_external.jpg

Internal
3rd Generation Honda City driven-accessories_internal.jpg
Old 28th November 2008, 15:12   #409
BHPian

Accessories Pricelist

And here is the official accessories pricelist
3rd Generation Honda City driven-pricelist1.jpg
3rd Generation Honda City driven-pricelist2.jpg
3rd Generation Honda City driven-pricelist3.jpg
Old 28th November 2008, 16:39   #410
Senior - BHPian

Well there are few things i didnt understand in that list as am not that technical person however most of things i could understand seemed overpriced like a spoiler,cd player,fog lamps,alloy wheel etc.
Old 28th November 2008, 16:48   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
have the deliveries started? I pass by a honda dealership on the way to work, and yet havent seen a single ANHC. on the other hand , there are a lot of NHC's lying around
yup they did, I have seen 2-3 ANHC in Delhi area, but all whites
Old 28th November 2008, 16:55   #412
BHPian

Holy Cow!!!! Rs 3934 for a pair of tweeters!!Man you can get decent components for that sort of money.Typically Honda-Greedy.The price of the Alloy wheels is 11,307 is it for a single piece or a set of 5
Old 28th November 2008, 17:17   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
Holy Cow!!!! Rs 3934 for a pair of tweeters!!Man you can get decent components for that sort of money.Typically Honda-Greedy.The price of the Alloy wheels is 11,307 is it for a single piece or a set of 5
only for 1 buddy!! honda can never be so generous
Old 28th November 2008, 17:54   #414
BHPian

Only for one wheel 11k odd Rs!!What are they OZ,BBS!! Shame on you Honda stop!! its high time you stop your leech like money sucking habits.
Old 28th November 2008, 18:00   #415
Senior - BHPian

The design might be good for the alloys. But the price. Pathetic.

Time Honda did something about their accessory prices. That's the reason why we do not see much accessories being sold by Honda themselves.
Old 28th November 2008, 18:20   #416
BHPian

What one doesn’t realize is that it is not just accessories – the whole Honda City is priced way high.

Look at the dealer prices and the margins they make – Win for dealer, Win for Honda and lose for Customer
Old 28th November 2008, 18:48   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
What one doesn’t realize is that it is not just accessories – the whole Honda City is priced way high.

Look at the dealer prices and the margins they make – Win for dealer, Win for Honda and lose for Customer
I agree. Prices are way over the top.

The bumper protectors and side door protectors are the plastic/rubber strips right? 4000 for them? And an ashtray for 1000 bucks? What is it, made of Silver?

People are generally ready to pay a price for the Honda snob value [I know a lot of people with the money who don't evaluate half as much as the people in this forum], and Honda could've gotten away probably a couple of years [with the dearth of competition back then], but now they have to start realizing that people have options. I mean, there are good VFM C-segment cars for a lac less, and a little stretching could take you to Segment-D (Civic) territory. Would be interesting to see the sales trend.
Old 28th November 2008, 18:51   #418
Senior - BHPian

The prices of the accessories is bound to give a heart attack to everyone. Not sure if Honda has any basis/logic in pricing them so high. Wish we could the details of the cost that Honda procures these for. Am sure the profit margin will be at least 200%.
Old 28th November 2008, 22:58   #419
BHPian

Saw the ANHC for the first time. The front looks impressive in motion, even the side angle looks good, however as pointed out before the designers lost the plot in the rear! The bumber design, the lip and the wierd tail lamp cluster look very uninspired and ordinary.

The Engine is super silent though!

Elito
Old 29th November 2008, 15:03   #420
BHPian

City Lights

(first post!)

Hi - I've seen this discussion veer towards VFM and prices etc and I almost doubted my decision to go ahead and make the final purchase of a grey Manual S Honda City. Thank God I went ahead and took the plunge.

It's a performer. I have to show some restraint because it is my first car and only 3 days old etc but it's a delight to drive, comfortably spacious and the pleasure lingers after you step out of the car. It's also a great car to build on and own. So planning a set of alloys after the first service - a set of 5 cost about ~30K at the dealer. I'll be going outside Bangalore limits to take the city outside its obvious comfort zone and maybe I can post a few pics here.

If there's anyone else hesitating - i'd say you won't regret it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks