Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2008, 18:33   #1
BHPian

A New little girl joining our family....ZEN - estilo VXI (MIDNIGHT BLACK)

Yes,We have booked our third car..........ZEN - Estilo

We have 1999 Santro,MY BULL(Safari 2.2 Vtt).....and to join us ZEN - Estilo.

We were planning to change our Santro.Its a 1st generation sanrto and was very sentimental car for us. But,when we offered it for sale people asked for 50k+.

Reasons:
The car was re-registered in karnataka, colour changed from white to red, No power steering,power windows........etc.

So,We started thinking..... why do we have to sell it when we get less and have a sentimental relationship with it.Yes,the idea for a 3rd car popped up. This car is for my wife and only for city driving. She wanted some thing really small and cute and look good.So we narrowed it to Spark/ZEN.

We started this process a month back and first went for a test drive in Spark.It was really bad and me and my wife didnot like it immediately when we sat inside it.So we dropped it.

Then ZEN - Estilo:
My wife went for test drive to Pratham in marathalli - sarjapura ringroad with her friend working in a I.T company.They gave her a great welcome and given full details and finally when she told she is not from I.T field.....their expression changed and said they will not give her the corporate Discount of Rs.4000/-.

Then, We went to Mondovi in lavell road and they gave us a warm welcome and we drove the car again and we liked it a lot.So,we started discussing the rates......accessories and finally arrived at the price.But,When i requested for the corporate discount of Rs.4000/- they enquired about me and i said iam into business.But,They refused....... But,In the next table an I.T. person was royally pampered while we were given second preference.i litrally asked they why is that and they said they cant help it.So,We walked away.....

Then,A friend of mine introduced me to BIMAL and that person came home....He also spoke great and gave me all possible discount and finally made it Rs.2000/- lesser than Mondovi. But,finally when the corporate discount came in.....they refused it.

I felt really bad about it and another showroom person called me from Hosur road and he came to my factory with the car for testdrive.I told him what i want pointblank and said if you are ready to give me what i want we can talk.Then we started discussing and finally he agreed to give me the corporate discount of RS.4000/- also. He was really a nice person and finally we agreed at the below price:

On road ------------- Rs.4,32,015.00
less : insurance----- Rs. 11,074.00
3rd year warranty Rs. 1895.00
corporate discount Rs. 4000.00
-------------------------------------------
Rs.4,15,046.00
Add:
Accessories.........
security system
dicky mat
machine stiched steering wheel
artleather seat cover
spoiler rear roof
side/rear/underbody skirting
alloys
tefloncoating
floormat
suncontrol 3m RS. 50,800.00
--------------------------------------------
Total Rs.4,65,846.00
Less - accessories
discount Rs. 12,000.00
---------------------------------------------
Total Rs.4,53,846.00
Add:registration
addition 9 Rs. 3,000.00
Total Rs.4,56,846.00

I have booked our car and I am negotiating with axis bank and HDFC for loan.

I am planning the same kinda alloys what white_Vdi is having in his Swift
A New little girl  joining our family....ZEN - estilo VXI (MIDNIGHT BLACK)-alloys.jpg

And The car has JK 155/65 R 13 tyres.I would like to know can i up size this tyre outside for buy back.If so what's the best option available and where in Bangalore its available for a good bargain.

Also,I wanted to add roof railing for the car.Is it possible.....where can i get it done and i need ideas please.

The Ice I have to plan after delivery of my car.

Waiting for little girl for my wife......
Old 8th October 2008, 18:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

That a nice deal you've got there.
Which variant do you have.
Estilo is a nice car and being a maruti , you wont have to face any Problem.
Cheers
Old 8th October 2008, 18:55   #3
BHPian

@ bglsrini:
you can definitely go for an upsize from outside...you can go for 14inch alloys..ask the gurus for the rubber size that would suit your car the best..i am sure bangalore members will guide you to the right place for alloys and tires..
when is the delivery???

OT: thanks for liking my design of wheels..

Last edited by white_vdi : 8th October 2008 at 18:59.
Old 8th October 2008, 19:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

shakensoul has the same rims on his black wagon R
2005 WagonR LXi - Shakensoul's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP
that should give you a better idea of how they will look
Old 8th October 2008, 19:18   #5
BHPian

Since your wife would be driving the car, I would suggest stick to the same size while upgrading the alloys and tyres for best ride comfort and handling.

My stock tyres were 145/70 R13 and I upsized to 165/60 R13 Bridgestone Potenza G3, which is maximum size for WagonR. No doubt handling has improved, but steering feels a bit heavier, which your wife might not appreciate.
Old 8th October 2008, 19:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man. I can understand the senti attachment towards the Santro. You did a right decision.
When are you taking delivery?
Old 8th October 2008, 19:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Nice way to describe - New little girl. With all those extra attachments, I will call it a pampered little girl.
Old 8th October 2008, 19:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Great going Bglsrini! Congrats on the expected addition to the family!

And you did get some nice discount!

With regard to the upsize - do make sure that you do not lose out on the steering comfort. I say this because you said this one is for wife.

Another point - the initial set of Estilo's were know to have a gear problem. No, not the usually Maruti gear problem, but a notch higher. I had the gear box of my fathers Estilo replaced on warranty due to this. So, is this issue sorted out with the new ones?
Old 8th October 2008, 19:50   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on booking a new car! Good accessories you have choosen. ZEN Estilo is cute but its bit unpopular model in India and by huge discounts its selling well.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 8th October 2008, 20:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

congrats man. good choice!
my sis owns one and I feel it is great to drive compared to my Alto Lxi The steering is quite light so good for city (again comparing it with my Alto although Alto also has power steering but its not so light really). Interiors are nice and comfy (again compared to Alto)

Enjoy your new car
Old 8th October 2008, 20:40   #11
BHPian

Congrats buddy! You have a got a pretty decent deal with good accessories.
Safe drive and post some pics of it when you receive it.
Old 8th October 2008, 21:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Situation in Bangalore is so good for car dealers,heh?
You had to drop three dealers for a 4,000 rupee discount on a car that is a below average (sorry for being brutally frank)seller?
In Chennai, at this time of the year, I would see atleast a 10-15k solid discount.
Old 8th October 2008, 22:17   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
That a nice deal you've got there.
Which variant do you have.
Estilo is a nice car and being a maruti , you wont have to face any Problem.
Cheers
Iam going in for a VXI abhinav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
@ bglsrini:
you can definitely go for an upsize from outside...you can go for 14inch alloys..ask the gurus for the rubber size that would suit your car the best..i am sure bangalore members will guide you to the right place for alloys and tires..
when is the delivery???

OT: thanks for liking my design of wheels..
mmmm.......thinking about it white_vdi, since its for my wife, thought let the tyre size be the same.Yes,Your design looks gr8 and should go great with a black car like shakensoul's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
shakensoul has the same rims on his black wagon R
2005 WagonR LXi - Shakensoul's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP
that should give you a better idea of how they will look
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Since your wife would be driving the car, I would suggest stick to the same size while upgrading the alloys and tyres for best ride comfort and handling.

My stock tyres were 145/70 R13 and I upsized to 165/60 R13 Bridgestone Potenza G3, which is maximum size for WagonR. No doubt handling has improved, but steering feels a bit heavier, which your wife might not appreciate.
i like the alloys a lot .I agree to u and have planned now to stick to the same tyres only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Congrats man. I can understand the senti attachment towards the Santro. You did a right decision.
When are you taking delivery?
Thankyou mjothi,waiting for my loan and should be by diwali

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Congrats. Nice way to describe - New little girl. With all those extra attachments, I will call it a pampered little girl.
mmmm.....kinda or a pampered little macho girl..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Great going Bglsrini! Congrats on the expected addition to the family!

And you did get some nice discount!

With regard to the upsize - do make sure that you do not lose out on the steering comfort. I say this because you said this one is for wife.

Another point - the initial set of Estilo's were know to have a gear problem. No, not the usually Maruti gear problem, but a notch higher. I had the gear box of my fathers Estilo replaced on warranty due to this. So, is this issue sorted out with the new ones?
thankyou happywheel,I will talk to the the dealer about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Congrats on booking a new car! Good accessories you have choosen. ZEN Estilo is cute but its bit unpopular model in India and by huge discounts its selling well.

Regards,

Ravi.
Thankyou and yes,but my wife likes it Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
congrats man. good choice!
my sis owns one and I feel it is great to drive compared to my Alto Lxi The steering is quite light so good for city (again comparing it with my Alto although Alto also has power steering but its not so light really). Interiors are nice and comfy (again compared to Alto)

Enjoy your new car
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvvikram View Post
Congrats buddy! You have a got a pretty decent deal with good accessories.
Safe drive and post some pics of it when you receive it.
thankyou joslicx and cvvikram,Shall post the pictures when i receive it.
Old 8th October 2008, 22:20   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Wow! Situation in Bangalore is so good for car dealers,heh?
You had to drop three dealers for a 4,000 rupee discount on a car that is a below average (sorry for being brutally frank)seller?
In Chennai, at this time of the year, I would see atleast a 10-15k solid discount.
Yes,the situation in bangalore is really good for car dealers.......
and really true.....chennai is far better at this time of the year with great discounts.
Old 9th October 2008, 11:36   #15
BHPian

Congrats bglsrini for the car. Zen Estillo is a very good car, and the black one looks all the more stunning.

@HappyWheels
Whats with the gear box? i am asking because, my uncle has a Zen Estillo, and even he was complaining about the same. And his is a 2006 model, so i guess from the earlier lot. Well he got it over the 5-speed M800 and is now cursing his decision

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks