Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2008, 22:59   #1
BHPian

Ford Fiesta 1.6S

3/10/08 - Went to Harpreet Ford Gurgaon to take a test drive of the Fiesta 1.6S.

5/10/08 - Booked a Diamond White Ford Fiesta 1.6S. When asked about the availability, the sales person (Mr X) said that there is only one white Fiesta 1.6 S in their stock yard and that they can deliver it whenever I wanted. We wanted to take the delivery on the eve of Dusshera and communicated the same to him. Asked him if the showroom will be closed that day and he said they will be open. We also told him that we don't want the display vehicle, to which his reply was - " Sir, its already booked, we can't give it."

6/10/08 - 7/10/08 - Exchanged a few phone calls with Mr X regarding the documents required and some other maintainence and warranty related issue.

8/10/08 - Called up Mr X to know the status of the vehicle. He said it will reach the Gurgaon showroom by evening and the PDI would be done today itself and I can collect it tomorrow (9/10/08) by 11 AM. He also asked me to fax a copy of the DD.

- Received a call from him in the afternoon to inform me that the car has left the stockyard.

- He called up again after sometime to inform me that the dealership will be closed tomorrow, so you can collect the car today itself. I refused saying that I had already said when I wanted the car and that he should have told me earlier that they won't be working on the 9th. Then he came up with a solution, a really bright one I must say. He said - " Sir, you can come and inspect the car today in the evening ( after 6 PM), take the documents alongwith you and then come in the morning and take the car. Only me and office boy will be there as it will be a holiday and you won't be able to buy any accessories." I said I won't be taking the documents with me and neither will I sign anything, I can come and just inspect the car but the final inspection will be on 9th morning as many defects goes unnoticed in the evening.

- Was going to the dealership when my mobile rang, asked wifey to pick up as I was driving. It was Mr X again, he asked if it was ok if he got the car delivered to my house in the morning. I asked my wife to tell him that we are on our way to the showroom only and we will discuss it there.

- Reached the showroom around 6.30 PM. Saw my white 1.6 S standing near the showroom window, adorned with red ribbon (seriously hate those).

- As soon as i entered the showroom, I realized that the White 1.6S display car has disappeared, asked Mr X if he has given me the display car. He just refused saying that it has been delivered to someone earlier and that your car has come from the stockyard today itself. I felt there is something wrong somewhere, cursed myself for not noting down the chassis number of the display vehicle, went outside and saw the ODO reading, it was 58 kms., even the display car had the same ODO reading i.e 58 kms., then I went to the left door and checked the wing mirror, the display car's mirror had a very light scratch (almost invisible), it was on this car also. Then I asked him why there is no plastic cover on my seats, to which his reply was - "Sirrrr, this is 1.6 S, it does not come with plastic covers."!! For the ODO reading, he said that all the cars have almost same reading, since they come from the same yard. I asked him to show me another car which has got exactly 58 kms on the ODO, I still have to see one as Mr X was not able to show me such a piece. I checked the reading of another SXI and it was 32 kms. This guy kept on declining that its the display car and finally when I said that I want to meet the Sales Manager and that I will email the whole incidence to the MD of Ford India as well as post it on team BHP, he called the Sales Manager.

- Initially the sales manager said that its not a display car but after sometime she did accept that it is and then apologized for whatever the sales person said. I refused to take the car and asked for a refund or to give me another car by tomorrow. Since according to them its not available in their stock right now, it will take around 10-12 days. Then she offered me a perfume and Ganesh idol which I refused. Finally after much discussion and apologies, I settled for a complimentary body care package (for the car, not me) worth Rs.7473/-. I will be inspecting the car in the afternoon before taking the delivery.

Only thing that put me off was the constant lying on the part of the sales person (Mr X). Had he accepted the truth earlier, I would have taken the car.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th October 2008 at 10:42. Reason: Dates changed from september (typo) to october.
Old 8th October 2008, 23:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

All's well that ends well,buddy!
These days ,finding a honest to God dealer or service centre is VERY rare.
Old 9th October 2008, 12:01   #3
BHPian

It's your eye for detail, most others would have been convinced that their new car wasn't the display car. However, and admittedly, I am pretty surprised that you took delivery of that particular display model anyways. Obviously the showroom staff is not trust-worthy, what with their web of lies. In all probability, the display car would have had its fair share of test / joy drives.

I hope it's not the case, and wish you good luck (since you have taken delivery). But I'd not recommend buying a showroom display model to anyone looking for a brand new piece.
Old 9th October 2008, 12:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Same here.
I would rather wait for 12 -15 days than take a model on display.
People who come to the showroom fiddle around with it and you dont know how hard the people might treat the display car.

None the less congrats on the car.
Waiting for the pics and all.
What's the full deal you got ? ( On road and Discounts)
Old 9th October 2008, 16:08   #5
BHPian

Yes, I am amazed too to see that you have accepted the TD car.
Everybody around know how the TD are done. Just be sure you have all the warranties on the car. Also do a good through check up of the car all around.
What was the final price that you have been mentioned?
Old 9th October 2008, 18:30   #6
BHPian

Thanks GTO and Abhinav. I completely agree with you guys that it may have been used for test drive but I thoroughly checked the car today in the afternoon and couldn't find a single damage/fault, even took it out for a spin before signing the documents. They offer other cars for test drives which are registered in the company's name. When I went for the second time to book my car, I wanted to take a test drive again but the 1.6S was not available as it had developed some fault and was in the workshop. However, there was another 1.6S which they were taking out for some roadshow/display. I asked them to give that car for a test drive but they refused saying that they can't as it is just a display car but they promptly arranged for their 1.6 SXI TD car.

The car was delivered to me today as promised. It was a holiday but the ASM and the sales guy came to the showroom.

Now the deal -

On road price - 7,66,302/- (Includes 3rd and 4th year extended warranty + Foot and boot mat and mud flaps)
Discount - 35,000/- (20,000 was sparkling diamond offer, I opted for cash and 15,000 was corporate discount)

Compensation - 7473/- (body care package includes body, under body and engine coating)

Final on road price = 7,23,829/-

I am planning to take the 3year/45,000 kms total maintenance plan. Should I opt for it?
Old 9th October 2008, 18:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

If you are happy with the car , then its ok.

Nice deal you've got there.

I would anyday recommend a total maintenance plan.
You never know how it may help

Cheers!
Old 9th October 2008, 18:52   #8
BHPian

Congrats on the new car!!! You got the the car close to the Ex-Showroom price itself. Good that the display car was not used for TD as it was done here in Chennai.

Enjoy!! Why not bargain the total maintenance plan also to be paid by them
Old 9th October 2008, 19:04   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Enjoy!! Why not bargain the total maintenance plan also to be paid by them
Thanks sathee. its too late now, don't think I will be able to bargain for it as I already took the delivery.

Will upgrading the ICE void the electrical warranty? This is what they have been saying, I still have to talk to their service manager regarding this.
Old 9th October 2008, 19:14   #10
BHPian

Yes, same was told to me. But the ICE installers say it can be avoided if you use wiring harnesses (For the HU), But still when i asked the dealer he told me it would still void the warranty when adding amp's etc.. I'm not very sure about this though

Hey GS put on some pics soon, I'm yet to see a 1.6S in white

Last edited by sathee46 : 9th October 2008 at 19:24.
Old 9th October 2008, 19:17   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I would rather wait for 12 -15 days than take a model on display.People who come to the showroom fiddle around with it and you dont know how hard the people might treat the display car.
I second that. You should have refused to take the delivery outright.
If the dealer is indulging in these type of practices, whats the guarantee that he will give a new car even after 12-15 days?? he would try and clear the earlier stocks first.
None the less congrats for your ride.
sorry if i have come across a bit rude. no intentions though.
Old 9th October 2008, 21:55   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Yes, same was told to me. But the ICE installers say it can be avoided if you use wiring harnesses (For the HU), But still when i asked the dealer he told me it would still void the warranty when adding amp's etc.. I'm not very sure about this though

Hey GS put on some pics soon, I'm yet to see a 1.6S in white
Surely at most it means that they will not honour a claim arising from electricals that can be traced to the wiring involved in the installation of the amp. Other electrical problems cannot be avoided, for example if the headlight leveller stops working, wiper motor packs up, etc.
And if there is a gearbox failure, no way they can avoid warranty just becasue you added an amp.
Old 9th October 2008, 22:27   #13
BHPian

GS congrats for your new Fiesta S.Please put photos i want to see how S looks in white.
Old 10th October 2008, 00:08   #14
BHPian

Thanks Dhaval and Jerish. Will try to put up some pics by tomorrow.
Old 3rd March 2009, 00:29   #15
BHPian

Hey Gs, please write initial ownership report and post the pics. I am also seriously considering white S .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks