Team-BHP - Mahindra Scorpio Automatic test driven
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Mahindra Scorpio Automatic test driven (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/47271-mahindra-scorpio-automatic-test-driven-2.html)

Vivek, nice review, although i feel it ended too soon. How about more on how it fared on those inclines?

Somehow, I have come to conclude that you are a journalist by profession. :D

I think it has 2 safety features as in my post below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post988430

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhettoMAX (Post 1011982)
Could you perhaps clarify if the Scorpio A/T has a shift lock mechanism that prevents accidental shift unless brake pedal is depressed.

Someone had mentioned on these forums earlier that there was a lack of this very important safety feature, however to me it seems that it does have it hence the round pop-off to the upper right of the shifter that perhaps reveals the manual override for the shift lock in event of battery failure or lack of key in ignition.

Anyways, clarification on this matter would be appreciated!

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 1012275)
I think it has 2 safety features as in my post below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post988430

Thanks a bunch!

I think between the 2 safety features M&M has it covered. The push button to move the shifter between positions in other A/T cars is perhaps just a safety backup in case the electric shift lock system fails.

Automatic transmission , in an Indian SUV/MUV. But still better to wait and watch and then buy. As these AT Tech is outsourced , it may take little while for Mahindras to sort out some quality issues.
Defnitely it is a welcome change as slowly for the common man it becomes painful to drive with lot of traffic.
But what about mileage, scorpio manual also had mileage problem , so any info on fuel mileage with AT.

Very nice and sharp review Vivek. Thanks.
How did you manage to get a 500 KM test drive from a dealer? I do not know if they normally provide a test drive for more than 50 KMs?

To Everyone:
How long do you go for a test drive Normally? I know it depends on the vechicle and individual, I ma just trying know a general figure. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 1012106)
Is this something I've missed? Must get my vision checked. Which links???

yes sir you missed something. he had put some links before posting the snaps which weren't opening

Vivek, nice review. Thanks for sharing this.
So, how did you manage to get a test drive for 500 kms?

M&M needs to launch Ingenio very fast, seems like there are not many takers for Scorpio A/T
If they can launch Ingenio A/T within 10 Lacs bracket, I'nm sure there will be many takers (specially 1st Gen Scorpio owners) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1012274)
Vivek, nice review, although i feel it ended too soon. How about more on how it fared on those inclines?

Somehow, I have come to conclude that you are a journalist by profession. :D

It was impressive. The Scorpio climbed the 35degree incline without much complaints. The engine rpm was far lower than what I was expecting. There was some slip at the rear wheels during startup, particularly because i was on a sandy slope, but cured by using the Winter mode. M mode is the one to attack the inclines with...the D mode lacks the real guts.

Now for the question that many of you were asking..."How did I manage to get a 500km test drive?"

Hmm...For those of you who don't know me, I'm an Automobile Engineer. I have good relationship with senior folks at various companies. So the first thing they do when launching a car, is send me one and take the feedback.

To make things easier, I'm also a freelance motoring journo. So I get invited to various media drives as well. That probably explains how I became the first team-bhpian to drive the All new Honda City.

No more questions please.lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatrughna (Post 1011462)
Good review and lovely pics. Actually nice to see that you took it where it should actually be tested. On the roads I am sure M&M engineers would have tested it endlessly before launching.

I also went to a dealer's place today and saw it. Compared to Manual VLX only thing its missing is all round Solar Glasses( dont ask me what it does/ supposed to be). In manual trim - its all around solar glasses and in AT its only front - windscreen. God knows whether even this would be needed or not and if at all , whether solar glasses help in keeping heat in the cabin under control.

4*4 is not available in V series as yet. On order only in SLX trim- with 2.6 CRDe engine. No news of AT 4*4 in sight as yet.

May be you are talking about the tinted glasses. Ya, the VLX auto has tinted glasses only at the front

A 2.2 AT with the 4x4 would make huge impact. Sadly it is only available as an option on the manual 2.6 SLX

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivekji05 (Post 1015626)
A 2.2 AT with the 4x4 would make huge impact. Sadly it is only available as an option on the manual 2.6 SLX

And likely to remain so plus a 2 month wait. With the launch of the Bolero VLX CRDE, does M&M have any plans at all to popularise the Scorpio 4x4 at all?

IMHO, a mHawk AT/MT 4x4 with reasonable pricing will definitely attract a niche set of buyers.

Mahindra is finally on the way to it's North American launch :).

Vivek you are a expert when it comes to "reiview" and we know the reason also:) good going so which car is launching next hehehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivekji05 (Post 1015626)
May be you are talking about the tinted glasses. Ya, the VLX auto has tinted glasses only at the front

Vivek,
Any idea about a 4x4 AT in the 2009 Scorpio expected soon.
Ray

nice review vivek, some more info, as mahindra has launched its new version of scorpio with all MHawk engine in all variants and taken out its 2.6 crde engine, whats the chances of AT version in this new vehicle, still available with 2.6 or started with mhawk now. Also do share any info regarding its hybrid scorpio if you have one.Thanks.