Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2008, 15:28   #1
BHPian

Got my Silver QJet Aura

WHY VISTA
I was looking for a diesel hatchback in range of 5L. I simply hate the looks and waiting periods of swift so had no other option but to go for vista.

THE WAIT
So I booked the Aura Qjet on 4 sep with a promised delivery within 4-6 weeks. After waiting patiently for 25 days, i called the ASM to know the delivery status.But he told me that he cant commit me any fixed date and offered me to take Aqua. I refused and said that i want all the bells and whistles of the Aura. At this he offered me to convert Aqua into Aura by fitting some accessories like stereo, parking sensors, alloys, central locking etc. But I refused. So waited for another 3 days and then called them back several times. Everytime I got stupid answers like 'take the Aqua', 'cars are in transit and will reach amritsar in 5 days' etc..

THE SUSPICION
Feeling that the dealer is lying about the non availability of Aura, I complaint to tata motors website on 5 Oct. After 2 days i got a sms giving me a complaint no. and the dealers no.

THE PAIN
So on 7th I called the dealer trying to know the status of my complaint no. They forwarded my call to 5 different people and everytime i had to explain my complaint as no one had a clue about the complaint no. I got really angry and all my anger bursted on the 5th person and I said that i cant tell my complaint again and again.

THE HOPE
But he really was a nice man and promised me to look into the matter. So I waited for another day and he told me that Aura i s not available in silver and would take another week. But he gave me the contact no of his territory manager in chandigarh.

THE UNEXPECTED D'DAY
So when I woke up on the fateful day of 10 oct and first thing I did was to call the territory manager. He was a nice man and told me that supply of aura is less and co. is making more of bright/dark colours. But on telling him that i only want a silver he asked me to wait while he checked the dealer's stock.He told me that the dealer has a silver aura which he has to deliver to a lady who booked the car on 1 sep & told me to wait for another week

THE SURPRISE
I felt dejected and started watching T.V. Then suddenly the ASM called me and asked how would I pay him-cheque or DD. And he told me that I can get the car only if I reach him before 3 the same day. But the owner of the agency told me that he would only accept DD or a cheque of PNB so that he could get it encashed the same day.I got really excited and called my dad @ around 11.30 while he was at work and told him about the delivery of car. I also asked him if he has 5L in any PNB a/c.

THE PREPARATIONS
My dad agreed and asked me to get the cheque book from his other office. So I quickly took a bath without getting time to shave off my 4 day old stubble. But I wore my best clothes and went to get the cheques. So i reached my dad's office @1.30.

contd...
Old 12th October 2008, 18:31   #2
BHPian

The Story Continues

THE IRRITATING DEALER
So I reached the dealer at 2. He told me that I have to buy accessories worth Rs 10000 atleast for delivering me the car so soon.I had no other choice. So I opted for Central locking(Rs 4500-Minda), art leather seat covers(4500-Beige) and mats(1100-Black which would be replaced with beige ones once they are available).The owner was really a pain in the neck with so much involvement in the whole procedure. When asked about the mud flaps, they said the Vista has no provision to fit them. Can any Vista owner clarify this.

THE FIRST IMPRESSION
After completing all the paperwork I got the carcheers:. It had 12km on the ODO.
So here I was-driving the first car to be registered in my name. I was driving my dad's Innova earlier and had no clue how it would handle in comparison of the japanese giant.The first thing I noticed was the smooth pickup and easy gear shift. I had to break hard within first 100 metres and I found the brakes to be less effective( maybe my first braking & I was habitual of driving Innova.

THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
The car is really fun to drive and easy to manouever in city traffic.The throttle is responsive I dont need to worry much about city traffic as I am habitual of driving the bulky Innova.I think the brakes are so-so. It seated 5 people comfortably and rear passenger leg room is more than adequate. The height adjustable driver seat is really a boon.The suspension system can swallow most bumps easily. I am more than satisfied with the car.The quality of plastics on door handles, door pockets, glove box handle, hand rail etc is really POOR and has really sharp corners. The doors pockets have no space and can hardly accomodate an unfolded magazine(forget bottles).

Will Post the pictures tomorrow.
Old 12th October 2008, 20:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. But why is it it stopped in the middle of Buying? Any suspense to be opened?

Btw, are you planning to put your TD report too? From the post it seems you just went for Vista since Swift & this one has same engine. Right?
Old 12th October 2008, 20:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new car, buying one makes everyone really impatient(including myself) and wiser ones are always the patient kind.
Old 12th October 2008, 20:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

I'm waiting for updates with bated breath!
And dont forget the pics!
Old 12th October 2008, 21:10   #6
BHPian

i know the excitement my black vista qjd is waiting in the showroom will get delivery on tuesday since i made payment by cheque on saturday i had booked aura on 22 of sep and i got the same reply saying that there is limited supply of aura go for aqua its 33,000 less and i have a alpine double din player from my magnum so i thought i will fit that into the vista and use the money i saved on a good set of alloys
Old 12th October 2008, 22:09   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

You could have completed the buying experience and left the pictures for later, if you wanted to build up some drama!!

Anyways, though nothing solid can be concluded from your post, whether you finally got the car or not, or whether you changed your mind and went for some other colour, I would still like to congratulate you on the decision of buying a VISTA (Thats the only concrete thing I could conclude).
Old 12th October 2008, 22:23   #8
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car,be nice to her.....cheers:
Old 12th October 2008, 23:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

Did you find that cheque book that yet?

Congratulations on your new car, have loads of fun with her. And don't forget to add some pics please.
Old 13th October 2008, 12:42   #10
BHPian

thats great! welcome to the Club Vista cheers:

1 point: when ever you take a u-turn with steering rotated to the max, please check to see if the horn works. mine doesnt at the max turn position. i plan to get it chked in the first service.
Old 13th October 2008, 13:20   #11
BHPian

Congrats on your new car. Take care of her during run-in she will reward you for sure.
Old 13th October 2008, 18:38   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipun dhingra View Post
THE IRRITATING DEALER
So I reached the dealer at 2. He told me that I have to buy accessories worth Rs 10000 atleast for delivering me the car so soon.I had no other choice. So I opted for Central locking(Rs 4500-Minda), art leather seat covers(4500-Beige) and mats(1100-Black which would be replaced with beige ones once they are available).The owner was really a pain in the neck with so much involvement in the whole procedure.
This is just daylight robbery. I hope you have a plan to complain about this to Tata Motors.
Old 13th October 2008, 20:24   #13
BHPian

Congrats Nipun on your new car... Keep us posted...
Old 13th October 2008, 20:46   #14
Senior - BHPian

That looks a pretty attached-with-heart purchase.
Congrats on getting the car.
Awaiting the pics

Do a proper run in.
Old 13th October 2008, 21:13   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Regarding the accessory part i do hope you gonna complaint it to Tata motors as dealers behaviour is just unacceptable!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks