Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2008, 17:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car. I love the OHC and to get one in such a good condition is a dream. You're one lucky dude man.

Yeah, do get it polished and change the tyres, and she should be as good as new.
Wish you many miles of driving pleasure!
Old 14th October 2008, 07:07   #17
BHPian

Congrats!
AT is a joy in traffic condition - without any compromise on FE.
Old 14th October 2008, 23:19   #18
BHPian

thank you all guys.

You all have justified my decision very well.

I have not spend a single penny to it, after purchase. Everything is fine wit car. Even different oils in the car are enough for further 4-5k km, as per mechanics.

So, right now i am not planning to put any accessories into it.

The driving of the car is absolutely fantastic, Surprisingly, there is no rattle at all, & I am amazed by the superb built quality of Honda. Maruti can never come even close to this sturdy quality.

Well, yes i am new to automatic transmission, so initially i have to adjust with it. the car is mainly driven by my father. He is also now feeling much conformable with it.

While driving initially car is a bit slow (my perception), but when it cross 30km/hr, it zooms like rocket. Steering wheel i feel, little heavy than 2 year old santro.

Driving is really like "Makkan" on the road, & my father also loves to drive it. He is just refusing to drive santro, after driving this Automatic. It clearly shaws how he love this car & the comfort it gives.

We both usually drives at around 40km/hr in city in D4 & RPM is around 1.5 to 2.5k.

At the signal i put into neutral gear, is this correct or i should continue with D4 & breaks on.

I also probably think D3 & 2 is for driving in hilly area, though i have never tried it.

I have put 1500Rs petrol to it, when i purchased. Now as our daily driving is very less (around 10 km / day) Fuel gauze is still at half way, from its 1500 Rs mark. So about FE i can tell later on.

But over all, i & my father are very satisfied about the car & we intend to keep it for at least next 4-5 years. (Hope so!)

One more thing, many of our friends & relatives are suggesting about CNG kit, so is it worth going for it? and what kind of kit i should go for?
Old 15th October 2008, 01:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
One more thing, many of our friends & relatives are suggesting about CNG kit, so is it worth going for it? and what kind of kit i should go for?
CNG ?? You wanna kill the car ?

But seriously, do you really need it ?
I've driven LPG cars, CNG is similar so can't be any better than petrol.

It would be good if its like the system (factory fitted) in the Cedia, from what I read it has a separate ignition map in the ECU for the LPG/CNG thingy.
Old 15th October 2008, 01:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice car, put some new headlights on..clears if available. These are faded.
Old 15th October 2008, 01:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
thank you all guys.

You all have justified my decision very well.

I have not spend a single penny to it, after purchase. Everything is fine wit car. Even different oils in the car are enough for further 4-5k km, as per mechanics.

So, right now i am not planning to put any accessories into it.

The driving of the car is absolutely fantastic, Surprisingly, there is no rattle at all, & I am amazed by the superb built quality of Honda. Maruti can never come even close to this sturdy quality.

Well, yes i am new to automatic transmission, so initially i have to adjust with it. the car is mainly driven by my father. He is also now feeling much conformable with it.

While driving initially car is a bit slow (my perception), but when it cross 30km/hr, it zooms like rocket. Steering wheel i feel, little heavy than 2 year old santro.

Driving is really like "Makkan" on the road, & my father also loves to drive it. He is just refusing to drive santro, after driving this Automatic. It clearly shaws how he love this car & the comfort it gives.

We both usually drives at around 40km/hr in city in D4 & RPM is around 1.5 to 2.5k.

At the signal i put into neutral gear, is this correct or i should continue with D4 & breaks on.

I also probably think D3 & 2 is for driving in hilly area, though i have never tried it.

I have put 1500Rs petrol to it, when i purchased. Now as our daily driving is very less (around 10 km / day) Fuel gauze is still at half way, from its 1500 Rs mark. So about FE i can tell later on.

But over all, i & my father are very satisfied about the car & we intend to keep it for at least next 4-5 years. (Hope so!)

First of all let me congratulate you on your purchase. I believe you bought it from Jolly motors near Xaviers. They sure do line up some good deals on the weekends. No doubt you picked up the right one!
I have been driving a 2000 OHC 1.3 with a CNG kit by Navnil AutoGas. My running costs range anything between 1.5 to 2.15 rs/km with the AC on. My suggestion is, if your not thinking of any upgrades/modifications and planning to keep your ride stock, go in for the CNG kit, it'll be very easy on your pockets.
Good luck and drive safe.
Old 15th October 2008, 06:45   #22
BHPian

The car looks really awesome, nice find too congrats !!
@Mpower : you know any reason for the headlights glass to fade ?
Old 15th October 2008, 08:01   #23
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Hey Dr. loving_alaap:

Nice makkhan car at a nice makkhan price.

At the signal don't shift into neutral.
Let her remain in D4 holding her in place with the brake pedal.
Doesn't the automatic, ease driving in stop-go Karnavati traffic?

CNG is for taxi drivers, not for us Team-BHPians. It's a recipe for overheating and premature aging with dramatic reduction in torque and bhp.

New headlights will make her look new.

You have every reason to be proud and we envy you and share your pride.
What a car. What a price!

Ram

Buying a new car is a no-brainer...
But buying an outstanding old car is a fine art!

needs sharp abilities --
  • luck and skill to find one available for sale,
  • the discernment to surreptitiously identify its positives and defects,
  • the ability to negotiate a bargain, followed by
  • the speed and sense to discreetly pick it up before others do.
धीयो यो नः प्रचोदयात्

Last edited by Ram : 15th October 2008 at 08:04. Reason: typo
Old 15th October 2008, 18:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ram,

> At the signal don't shift into neutral.
> Let her remain in D4 holding her in place with the brake pedal.

The brake should be pressed whether in gear or neutral or the hand brake should be used.

But why do you suggest that it should not be shifted to neutral?
Old 16th October 2008, 05:53   #25
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Ram,

> At the signal don't shift into neutral.
> Let her remain in D4 holding her in place with the brake pedal.

The brake should be pressed whether in gear or neutral or the hand brake should be used.

But why do you suggest that it should not be shifted to neutral?
You typically, only spend a very short while at at a junction or traffic signal.

Transient stresses on the drive line are somewhat different in an automatic as compared to a manual car. In an automatic car, every time you shift from Neutral to Drive, you give a jolt to the "U" joints. Obviously, the less jolts, the better for drive line longevity.

Of course, if you are going to be stopped for a very long time, as in waiting for somebody, then you should put the car into Neutral or Park.
Old 16th October 2008, 06:29   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
You typically, only spend a very short while at at a junction or traffic signal.

Transient stresses on the drive line are somewhat different in an automatic as compared to a manual car. In an automatic car, every time you shift from Neutral to Drive, you give a jolt to the "U" joints. Obviously, the less jolts, the better for drive line longevity.

Of course, if you are going to be stopped for a very long time, as in waiting for somebody, then you should put the car into Neutral or Park.
Firstly, Loving_alaap - You have found yourself a wonderful car in wonderful condition. I drive a OHC 1.5 and I can imagine how the automatic feels. All the best, take good care of her and Let us know as you go on.

@Ram - Sir, thanks for the input on the AT - My dad drives a Santro AT and hyundai advices him to always go to neutral or park and even in cases switch off for better FE. I always thought there was something wrong with that, well now I'll tell him otherwise.

Last edited by johnda : 16th October 2008 at 06:31.
Old 16th October 2008, 19:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ram,

> You typically, only spend a very short while at at a junction or traffic
> signal.

But the engine note is definitely relaxed in neutral when stopped at a junction.

> In an automatic car, every time you shift from Neutral to Drive, you give a
> jolt to the "U" joints. Obviously, the less jolts, the better for drive line
> longevity.

Even with the brakes? If it is as you have described, you could have a point. Now what parts could be damaged?

I definitely feel that it could improve the mileage and be a little kinder to the brake pads.
Old 12th November 2008, 23:17   #28
BHPian

Hey guys, just to inform you all, i got the average of around 10kmpl. the car was 100% driven in city & 100% AC on.

filled normal petrol from HP, & kept tyre pressure of 30.

OHC rocks.

I am really surprised about its amazing built quality (completely rattle free even after 9 years) & FE of this fast & furious car is 10!

I really wonder, why unlike most of the cars (which rattles in -5 years), this OHCs are like brand new even after 9-10 years?
Old 13th November 2008, 15:17   #29
BANNED

congrats for your new car it looks really nice and clean. 58k is nothing for honda engines which are known for their long engine life .anyways enjoy driving the car.
Old 13th November 2008, 16:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
CNG ?? You wanna kill the car ?

But seriously, do you really need it ?
I've driven LPG cars, CNG is similar so can't be any better than petrol.

It would be good if its like the system (factory fitted) in the Cedia, from what I read it has a separate ignition map in the ECU for the LPG/CNG thingy.
CNG wont damage the engine.
The Engines with ECU like this one are less prone to performance loss. I have driven a Baleno with CNG and clearly the loss in performance is not as much as we think or anticipate.
Also this is automatic transmission, so we have less gearshifts and it will do it itself.
Yes, if its from manufacturer, no problem, but if it is not from manufacturer, we need not worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Nice car, put some new headlights on..clears if available. These are faded.
My words stolen. The moment I saw the images, I was sure to point it out.
But I think the rim covers also need to be removed. They will affect the braking performance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks